The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Phone interview with accenture next friday - anyone else had one yet??
I've heard the new Talent Lens tests involve 21 questions and 30 minutes to complete - is this true? Got to complete my numerical reasoning tonight ahhhh feeling nervous! Also, what unis are you all from and what locations have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 22
What service line are people applying for at Deloitte? Does anyone know the difference between Monitor deloitte and Deloitte strategy?
Reply 23
Original post by Bushy123
What service line are people applying for at Deloitte? Does anyone know the difference between Monitor deloitte and Deloitte strategy?

Where do you have to specify service lines? I haven't completed the initial application yet and don't thinkk i've done it.
Original post by Luccy.
Where do you have to specify service lines? I haven't completed the initial application yet and don't thinkk i've done it.

When you first register to apply, they ask you to specify location (what office you'd like), service line and I think the last one was start date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by ramadi88
Fist interview at EY London office for the Sept 2015 advisory programme! Anybody else interviewing on the 15th of August?

i have one on the 5th Sep with PI team! They called me twice -_-
Anyone heard back from deloitte after critical thinking test?
Original post by Mustgetintoib
Anyone heard back from deloitte after critical thinking test?

Nope!
Has anyone applied to IBM? Or done the IPAT test in the past?
Original post by D12345678
Has anyone applied to IBM? Or done the IPAT test in the past?

Yep, passed IPAT, waiting for potential interview
Yep, passed IPAT, waiting for potential interview

Wow, well done :smile:

Any tips on how to prepare? Did you use any particular sites or practice certain type of questions - hope you dont mind me asking but I figure you will be most helpful as you know what types of questions come up. I really want this job so any help is great

Thanks!!
Wow, well done :smile:

Any tips on how to prepare? Did you use any particular sites or practice certain type of questions - hope you dont mind me asking but I figure you will be most helpful as you know what types of questions come up. I really want this job so any help is great

Thanks!!

Hmm I just went straight for it, I do a maths degree so it was ok :P I thought I failed but in the end seemed like I passed so that's good. Just manage your time well and it will be fine :smile: And don't panic and you cannot skip a question and come back later
Hmm I just went straight for it, I do a maths degree so it was ok :P I thought I failed but in the end seemed like I passed so that's good. Just manage your time well and it will be fine :smile: And don't panic and you cannot skip a question and come back later

These tests always make me panic but I will try not to, thanks! I keep reading that there a lot of ratio questions - can you just tell me if thats true and if they're hard? I tend to have a problem converting things into ratios when theyre fractions. With integers i am okay but will try to practice anyway - no harm eh! :smile:
Hi how long after you submit application did you hear you'd got through to the test? I applied Thursday and haven't got to the test yet
These tests always make me panic but I will try not to, thanks! I keep reading that there a lot of ratio questions - can you just tell me if thats true and if they're hard? I tend to have a problem converting things into ratios when theyre fractions. With integers i am okay but will try to practice anyway - no harm eh! :smile:

There's a whole range of questions so I wouldn't be surprised if ratios did come up but from what I remember they didn't come up in my test. It is going to be hard due to the time but the key is to not panic and think logically and carefully :smile:
Original post by Ksimmonds
Hi how long after you submit application did you hear you'd got through to the test? I applied Thursday and haven't got to the test yet

For me about a few working days :smile: so you should hear back soon.
It's been about two weeks since I got the email saying I passed the Ipat and still no news about first round interview... Maybe still early days
Reply 36
For me about a few working days :smile: so you should hear back soon.
It's been about two weeks since I got the email saying I passed the Ipat and still no news about first round interview... Maybe still early days

What area are you going for?
There's a whole range of questions so I wouldn't be surprised if ratios did come up but from what I remember they didn't come up in my test. It is going to be hard due to the time but the key is to not panic and think logically and carefully :smile:

Appreciated, thanks! Good luck with your app
Original post by M1011
What area are you going for?

Hey. I just want to know that if I get rejected (at any stage of the process) from any of the big 4/mid tier firms, would my chances be lowered if I applied again in the following year as they would have my records saved?
Reply 39
Original post by userna-me*
Hey. I just want to know that if I get rejected (at any stage of the process) from any of the big 4/mid tier firms, would my chances be lowered if I applied again in the following year as they would have my records saved?

In theory no. They have thousands of applicants, they won't remember you personally and they won't be looking up your records from prior applications (else they'd just say no 2nd applications). So you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending