The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Earth sciences at UoL

I'm studying Geophysics (Geology) any else studying earth sciences such as oceanography or geology ect :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jordan Hay
I'm studying Geophysics (Geology) any else studying earth sciences such as oceanography or geology ect :tongue:

Hey, im hopefully studying Geology! I noticed you applied for Vine Court, haha me too!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by pb1596
Hey, im hopefully studying Geology! I noticed you applied for Vine Court, haha me too!

I'll be in a few of your lectures as I've done geophysics geology that's sounds good and yeah awesome both have something in common :biggrin:
I have just finished GCSE's.
I want to study Geology, I was wondering what GCSE Grades you got ?:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Marcusroye98
I have just finished GCSE's.
I want to study Geology, I was wondering what GCSE Grades you got ?:smile:

I got a* physics , a* maths , a English lit , a* biology , a chemistry , a ict , a* pe , b French , a English Lang , a* biology mate :smile: but don't think you're nesacarrily need them:p:p
I got a* physics , a* maths , a English lit , a* biology , a chemistry , a ict , a* pe , b French , a English Lang , a* biology mate :smile: but don't think you're nesacarrily need them:p:p

Ok Thanks :P Im predicted around 6-7 A's and 2 B's and 2 C's :frown:
Reply 6

That's fine haha you already know what you want to do at uni and ure only doing a levels .. What a levels you planning to take ??:smile:
That's fine haha you already know what you want to do at uni and ure only doing a levels .. What a levels you planning to take ??:smile:

Biology, Chemistry , geology and geography :P with the intention of dropping geography :smile:
Reply 8
Biology, Chemistry , geology and geography :P with the intention of dropping geography :smile:

Two science subjects are good but u don't need geography tbh or geology at a level ... Hint to u is keep science subjects but do 2 easier subjects so you can guarantee an A or B in them subjects and the science subjects are challenging I did A level biology and it has a lot of content and learning it is quite challenging so make sure u allocate your time correctly:biggrin:
Reply 9

They're GCSE's! Dont worry about them. You know what I got? 4 A's 4 B's 2 C's and 2 D's.

I'm doing Geology BSc :colone:
Reply 10
Original post by Joeduffy234
They're GCSE's! Dont worry about them. You know what I got? 4 A's 4 B's 2 C's and 2 D's.

Joe what's your ideal job after your degree???
Two science subjects are good but u don't need geography tbh or geology at a level ... Hint to u is keep science subjects but do 2 easier subjects so you can guarantee an A or B in them subjects and the science subjects are challenging I did A level biology and it has a lot of content and learning it is quite challenging so make sure u allocate your time correctly:biggrin:

Thanks for the advice.
I definitely will take Biology and Chemistry.

Geography - This is one subject I was good at GCSE. I am predicted an A* and i found it enjoyable and easier compared to others.

Geology - I would like to see if im actually that really interested in Geology before doing a degree in it so I believe doing Geology will give me an advantage?

Most Importantly : I enjoy all these subjects!
Original post by Joeduffy234

Reply 13
Thanks for the advice.
I definitely will take Biology and Chemistry.

Geography - This is one subject I was good at GCSE. I am predicted an A* and i found it enjoyable and easier compared to others.

Geology - I would like to see if im actually that really interested in Geology before doing a degree in it so I believe doing Geology will give me an advantage?

Most Importantly : I enjoy all these subjects!

Fair enough bud find it enjoyable then do it and yeah if u do geology and realise u don't like it biology and chemistry allow you to do so many other things , I love a person that is screwed on an takes life seriously
Reply 14
I'll be in a few of your lectures as I've done geophysics geology that's sounds good and yeah awesome both have something in common :biggrin:

haha be nice to get to know someone before I start! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by pb1596
haha be nice to get to know someone before I start! :smile:

Haha I agree would be nice and also why geology I must ask ??:smile:
Fair enough bud find it enjoyable then do it and yeah if u do geology and realise u don't like it biology and chemistry allow you to do so many other things , I love a person that is screwed on an takes life seriously

Reply 17
haha that will be a good job a lot of travelling and stuff :biggrin:
haha that will be a good job a lot of travelling and stuff :biggrin:

Hopefully!
I just love Volcanoes :biggrin:!
Reply 19
Haha I agree would be nice and also why geology I must ask ??:smile:

really wanted to do Geography without the human part at A-Level, and i really want to study Paleontology ever since ive been small, so i think its a great degree to start me off on that track, plus it will be something i will find really enjoyable! how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending