The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

I think as long as you tried your very best then you shouldn't be worried about results :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Oh hai there :awesome: :hugs:

I have noticed some awesome new threads in this forum! :biggrin:

There is more to come buddy! :wink:
Original post by mathsisannoying
i guess you could, it would count as a crash course, but it depends whether your school will let you, some dont, and in my honest opinion would you really want to do a subject you failed at a lower level?

The reason is that I missed quite a bit of the subject and just got handed an empty booklet which I was supposed to fill in myself without knowing much about the unit.
I previously did okay in the subject and need it. Thanks for the advice though 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
There is no rule saying you can't. However, it is up to your school whether they would let you or not. If you fail the exam but have done well throughout the year and in the prelim then they may let you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 844
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what my certificate will have on it? Basically, I did Higher Maths this year (5th year) but failed the prelim - however, I passed all 3 units. I was supposed to do it over two years so I didn't sit the final exam this year but due to the way the columns in my school have worked out that's not possible because it clashes with an advanced higher I really want to do this year. 😬

Will there be a Higher Maths No Award on my certificate but it'll have the units, or will it just show the units under the National Units section? Sorry, I'm just worried because the last thing I want on my certificate is a No Award and I wanted to know if anyone knew
it will say on the certificate the units, it WILL NOT have the subject and N/A if you didnt get submitted for the exam by your school, my friend was in the same position last year but basically if you weren't submitted to sit the exam on that day then you will get units but not the N/A which is good. p.s N/A are not on the certificate anyways.
Original post by Wishli
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what my certificate will have on it? Basically, I did Higher Maths this year (5th year) but failed the prelim - however, I passed all 3 units. I was supposed to do it over two years so I didn't sit the final exam this year but due to the way the columns in my school have worked out that's not possible because it clashes with an advanced higher I really want to do this year.

Will there be a Higher Maths No Award on my certificate but it'll have the units, or will it just show the units under the National Units section? Sorry, I'm just worried because the last thing I want on my certificate is a No Award and I wanted to know if anyone knew

If you didn't sit the exam then it won't have anything for the award, it will just list the National Units.
Original post by Wishli
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what my certificate will have on it? Basically, I did Higher Maths this year (5th year) but failed the prelim - however, I passed all 3 units. I was supposed to do it over two years so I didn't sit the final exam this year but due to the way the columns in my school have worked out that's not possible because it clashes with an advanced higher I really want to do this year. 😬

No awards don't come up on your certificate anyway. If your school did enter for the exam, the 'no award' will be mentioned on your cover letter along with the units on your certificate. However if they didn't enter you then it won't come up. Either way, it won't be on your certificate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 848
Original post by Asklepios
No awards don't come up on your certificate anyway. If your school did enter for the course, the 'no award' will be mentioned on your cover letter along with the units on your certificate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for letting me know that! I haven't failed anything before so that's why I had no idea, I'm relieved about that :smile:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Personally can't wait to get home and play some FIFA. Just had a really ****ty day at the gym and that always ruins my mood for that day. :tongue:

Also finished "A Clash of Kings" this morning and started "A Storm of Swords". Nearly overtaken the TV show!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally just started 'A Feast For Crows'. :smile: Do you prefer the book to the TV show so far?
Original post by Wishli
Thank you for letting me know that! I haven't failed anything before so that's why I had no idea, I'm relieved about that :smile:

Good luck buddy - I'm sure you'll do really well - let us know how they go, and if you need any help/advice we'll be here all night!
Reply 851
Original post by mobbsy91
Good luck buddy - I'm sure you'll do really well - let us know how they go, and if you need any help/advice we'll be here all night!

Thank you so much! Hopefully, I studied my butt off so I'm hoping it'll pay off.
Nerves are badly kicking in, actually feel sick. My only reassurance is looking through old threads and seeing people doing better than they thought. I noticed a thread where Hype thought he had got AAABB and was praying he could get more for medicine and then got 5As. God, I hope this happens to me, so ****ing scared now it's unreal.
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Nerves are badly kicking in, actually feel sick. My only reassurance is looking through old threads and seeing people doing better than they thought. I noticed a thread where Hype thought he had got AAABB and was praying he could get more for medicine and then got 5As. God, I hope this happens to me, so ****ing scared now it's unreal.

Im sure you'll do great - let us know how it goes, and well be here for any questions!

Good luck
Original post by Wishli
Thank you so much! Hopefully, I studied my butt off so I'm hoping it'll pay off.

I'm sure all your hard work will have been worth it:yes:
Are you planning on staying up to get your results? :smile:
Reply 855
Anyone know what time roughly the email and/or text comes at?
im getting bored waiting already haha ! :smile: anyone want to play a game or something haha
Reply 857
Guys how did u find higher maths? What do u think will be the grade boundary for an A?
Original post by MarkP.

The email batches come out starting at around 1am through until around 9am :smile:
Original post by MarkP.

They are all sent to be with you by 9am. Emails are sent in random batches throughout the night though, from 1am onwards. People say the text comes later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending