The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

Just want to wish everyone well tomorrow and hope your results are what you were looking for! I'm stressing and pacing about my house now haha'!
Original post by :D'
Guys how did u find higher maths? What do u think will be the grade boundary for an A?

People didn't seem to love the paper to say the least, but in hindsight it didn't seem as impossible as at the time.

It will be lower than last year, maybe about 69-70%, but I can't imagine a huge drop. Only the SQA truly knows, we'll just have to wait a few more hours :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys how did u find higher maths? What do u think will be the grade boundary for an A?

Hard, and im not sure what the boundary will be you will find out tomorrow though! :smile:
Reply 863
And guys I'm planning on picking 3 sciences all at AH and one extra higher in either rbusiness or pe as I want/need as many qualifictions as possible. Firstly do u think I should do AH phycis or AH maths?
Secondly higher business or pe which one would suit me best. (Or both? Hence 5 subjects)

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone for their results. Hope we all get the results we want
Original post by MichGaughan97
Hey,

Just want to wish everyone well tomorrow and hope your results are what you were looking for! I'm stressing and pacing about my house now haha'!

Good Luck :smile: Let us know how you get on!

I think lots of folk on this thread are doing the same so everyone's keeping busy chattering away!
Reply 865
I also thought the higher maths paper was hard!
Best of luck to everyone waiting on their results, I really hope you all get what you need/want! :biggrin:
Reply 866
Original post by mathsisannoying
Hard, and im not sure what the boundary will be you will find out tomorrow though! :smile:

Yeh we sure will. Silly discussing it now anyway considering results are so close
Reply 867
Yeh we sure will. Silly discussing it now anyway considering results are so close

True, if anything it's likely to make people more nervous haha
Original post by Memetics
I literally just started 'A Feast For Crows'. :smile: Do you prefer the book to the TV show so far?

Yeah, definitely. I hate Dany's bits in the books, after the Dothraki storyline finishes (literally been skipping them lol). Whereas I've enjoyed them in the show. Bran's bits are infinitely more interesting so far.
And guys I'm planning on picking 3 sciences all at AH and one extra higher in either rbusiness or pe as I want/need as many qualifictions as possible. Firstly do u think I should do AH phycis or AH maths?
Secondly higher business or pe which one would suit me best. (Or both? Hence 5 subjects)

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone for their results. Hope we all get the results we want

AH Phycis is pretty hard, but then I've not studied it so I don't know what to expect. Do what you love.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yeah, definitely. I hate Dany's bits in the books, after the Dothraki storyline finishes (literally been skipping them lol). Whereas I've enjoyed them in the show. Bran's bits are infinitely more interesting so far.

The third book is the best so far, IMO, with some amazing moments. I feel the second book is kind of a stagnation period for Dany, whereas her storyline picks up later. Bran's is much, much better yes, and I also really enjoy Arya's!

( I hop I'm not totally derailing this thread lol)

What course do you want to do at university?

For choosing between Maths and Physics, it depends on what would be more useful for your future. In most cases it probably won't make a difference. If you're planning on doing economics/finance I would do maths. If you're planning on physical sciences/engineering then do both! Then look at what you enjoy more and what you would do better in. One thing to consider is that Physics comes with an investigation whereas Maths has no coursework. 3 science investigations would be a heavy, but manageable if organised, workload for sixth year.

For your additional Higher, pick what you enjoy most! Universities will be looking at your AHs anyway so it doesn't really matter too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 872
Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm sure all your hard work will have been worth it:yes:
Are you planning on staying up to get your results? :smile:

Sadly I forgot to sign up so if need to wait for it to come through the post tomorrow : ( I forgot last year as well, ugh. At least my postman usually comes at 10am every morning on the dot so I know when to sleep til!
I've just finished S4 so this is my first results day! I'm really nervous :eek::eek:. Can't wait until my results come in. Ahhh!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wishli
Sadly I forgot to sign up so if need to wait for it to come through the post tomorrow : ( I forgot last year as well, ugh. At least my postman usually comes at 10am every morning on the dot so I know when to sleep til!

At least you can get a good nights sleep :smile:

We'll be around all day to answer questions so whenever you get your results, if you have any queries then just ask :yes:
Reply 875
So glad I signed up for this site, you're all so lovely and my nerves have been put at rest : )
Original post by mathsisannoying
im getting bored waiting already haha ! :smile: anyone want to play a game or something haha

SQ Cards against humanity later guys? :colone:
Original post by Wishli
So glad I signed up for this site, you're all so lovely and my nerves have been put at rest : )

Glad to have you here, will be around all of tomorrow too. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by I'll be Bach
I've just finished S4 so this is my first results day! I'm really nervous :eek::eek:. Can't wait until my results come in. Ahhh!

Not long to go now, I'm sure you'll have done great! :h:
Original post by Wishli

Awww :smile: We're so chuffed you signed up! Best of luck for tomorrow! :crossedf:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending