The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wishli
So glad I signed up for this site, you're all so lovely and my nerves have been put at rest : )

We're glad to be of use :h: If there's anything we can do to help once you've got your results then just ask :smile:
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! This will be my first sqa results day as I did gcse's abroad last year so I'm very nervous. So... How does everyone open their results (letter) do you sit with parents/siblings or alone etc? Curious ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wishli
So glad I signed up for this site, you're all so lovely and my nerves have been put at rest : )

Awww, that's great! Very happy the community have been able to settle your nerves a little bit. Good luck tomorrow! :smile:

Original post by calialilly
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! This will be my first sqa results day as I did gcse's abroad last year so I'm very nervous. So... How does everyone open their results (letter) do you sit with parents/siblings or alone etc? Curious ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh best of luck! I hope everything goes well for you.

My days of opening results are long gone now but when I used to do I always had to do it alone. Ran out of the room and everything if others were there :tongue:
Reply 883
hey everyone :biggrin: what time do you thin we'll get our results and what are you all hoping for?? I'm sooo nervous now :/

GOOD LUCK <3 :smile:
Original post by Wishli

If you need anything once you get your results please let us know!!!! We're here to help if you need it through day or night!
Original post by Wishli
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows what my certificate will have on it? Basically, I did Higher Maths this year (5th year) but failed the prelim - however, I passed all 3 units. I was supposed to do it over two years so I didn't sit the final exam this year but due to the way the columns in my school have worked out that's not possible because it clashes with an advanced higher I really want to do this year. ������

Will there be a Higher Maths No Award on my certificate but it'll have the units, or will it just show the units under the National Units section? Sorry, I'm just worried because the last thing I want on my certificate is a No Award and I wanted to know if anyone knew

I failed Higher Maths last year and it doesn't show on your certificate but it will come up with an 'F' on your email and text. Also, make sure that whenever you have to list your qualifications such as for UCAS, that you include the subject as a fail. I almost submitted my UCAS application this year without it, and if I did I would have automatically been rejected for all my choices! Just something to be aware of :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck in your results! :h:

If you've got any questions about deciphering your results when you get them then we're happy to help :biggrin:
Original post by ah4p
hey everyone :biggrin: what time do you thin we'll get our results and what are you all hoping for?? I'm sooo nervous now :/

Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll be absolutely amazing
Reply 888
Original post by AlanisMarie
I failed Higher Maths last year and it doesn't show on your certificate but it will come up with an 'F' on your email and text. Also, make sure that whenever you have to list your qualifications such as for UCAS, that you include the subject as a fail. I almost submitted my UCAS application this year without it, and if I did I would have automatically been rejected for all my choices! Just something to be aware of :smile:

Ah, thank you for letting me know that! I'm hoping I've done well enough not to fail anything but in the off chance I do I'll make sure to remember that! : )
Original post by ah4p

If you're getting them by email they should be with you by 9 am :smile:
The batches start to come out around 1 am, but you have no way of telling what time in that period your results will be sent unfortunately :smile: If you're getting them by text they come a little later.

Best of luck with your results :h:
Reply 890
Original post by mobbsy91
Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll be absolutely amazing

haha thanks :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Awww, that's great! Very happy the community have been able to settle your nerves a little bit. Good luck tomorrow! :smile:

Oh best of luck! I hope everything goes well for you.

My days of opening results are long gone now but when I used to do I always had to do it alone. Ran out of the room and everything if others were there :tongue:

Thank you, i hope so too- though i've had nightmares of getting results like UUDDC:unimpressed: Hahaha, that seems like a good way to go about it…not sure what i'll do :confused:
Original post by She-Ra
Good Luck :smile: Let us know how you get on!

I think lots of folk on this thread are doing the same so everyone's keeping busy chattering away!

Are you waiting on Higher or National results?
Thank you, i hope so too- though i've had nightmares of getting results like UUDDC:unimpressed: Hahaha, that seems like a good way to go about it…not sure what i'll do :confused:

Trust me mate - worse things to have nightmares about, try entering my screwed up head.
Anyway, best of luck buddy, I'm sure you'll do great!!!
Reply 894
Original post by Gingerbread101
If you're getting them by email they should be with you by 9 am :smile:
The batches start to come out around 1 am, but you have no way of telling what time in that period your results will be sent unfortunately :smile: If you're getting them by text they come a little later.

Best of luck with your results :h:

Original post by Gingerbread101
Best of luck in your results! :h:

If you've got any questions about deciphering your results when you get them then we're happy to help :biggrin:

Thank you:smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
Trust me mate - worse things to have nightmares about, try entering my screwed up head.
Anyway, best of luck buddy, I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Hahahhaha, thank you! and you too (if you're getting results) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by ah4p

Are you going to stay up to get them? :smile:
Original post by MichGaughan97

Are you waiting on Higher or National results?

Too old for that :wink:

I work for TSR so I'm hanging out in this thread tonight to support you guys! What are you waiting on and what's your plans for September!?
Good luck everyone! 2 hours and 48mins until it's officially the 5th😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending