The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Memetics
So there's no way in which money in my possession can be given to someone else in exchange for a service which gives me a qualification?

Of course there is a way. Although I wouldn't condemn it to the extremity of claiming you're "buying your grades".
Original post by Asklepios
Pfff. Just because your daddy doesn't love you :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ChrissyH
Congrats on reading some words and then copying them on a word processor. You're still wrong. #wasteddatprivateschooldolla

Let's just leave it guys! Results soon, and just look forward to that...
Original post by Larissa14
I don't want the result to come. It means that the holidays are coming to a close end :frown: :frown: :frown:

I'm sure you'll do great - I'm here all night so let me know if you need anything!
Reply 983
Original post by mobbsy91
Are you getting them via text/email or post?

Post... :colondollar:
Original post by Ami_
Post... :colondollar:

Ahh thats cool - from what I've heard quite a few are actually waiting for the post. At least you can see what others get and check UCAS if it doesnt come quick enough!

Best of luck :smile:
Right everyone, I'm off TSR now so GOOD LUCK! :wavey: :h:

I'm sure you'll all do amazing, and I'm looking forward to hearing all of the good news in the morning :smile:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Really hoping I've scored highly because of the new grade boundaries on Highers now. You'd wonder why the SQA would take away appeals and change the universal grade percentages in the same year. It just makes our exams a lot harder to do well in which is unfair when compared with previous years. I believe the thinking behind rising the marks for an A to 85% was because of foreign competition; like in America, it's 93% for an A. Just hoping I've scored highly enough and that universities might look at a "new B" with more respect! As always, I think some subjects like English will be lower at around 80%, but who knows! They do say qualifications are dumbed down nowadays so maybe the government are trying to make them more rigorous, but who knows!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

someone please tell me you're trolling this isn't even funny argh
I'm sure you'll do great - I'm here all night so let me know if you need anything!

Thanks, i'm nervous and excited since it's my 1st exam results. Opted for post since the postie comes about 9-10am on results day so not too late
How early can you get the results by email? :0
UCAS Track should tell you at Midday if you are in... D;
Original post by Gingerbread101
Right everyone, I'm off TSR now so GOOD LUCK! :wavey: :h:

I'm sure you'll all do amazing, and I'm looking forward to hearing all of the good news in the morning :smile:

Thanks for all the support buddy - good night!
Original post by lewis_Sutherland
How early can you get the results by email? :0

Email from 1am onwards. Good luck

Original post by Madeleine96
UCAS Track should tell you at Midday if you are in... D;

UCAS should be available at 8am
Let's just leave it guys! Results soon, and just look forward to that...

Are you looking forward to your sqa results? :confused: How's that possible? Share your secrets man:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 993
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Really hoping I've scored highly because of the new grade boundaries on Highers now. You'd wonder why the SQA would take away appeals and change the universal grade percentages in the same year. It just makes our exams a lot harder to do well in which is unfair when compared with previous years. I believe the thinking behind rising the marks for an A to 85% was because of foreign competition; like in America, it's 93% for an A. Just hoping I've scored highly enough and that universities might look at a "new B" with more respect! As always, I think some subjects like English will be lower at around 80%, but who knows! They do say qualifications are dumbed down nowadays so maybe the government are trying to make them more rigorous, but who knows!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've just given me a mini heart attack. Is there any link to this new grade boundary stuff. Maybe an A band 1 but a normal A can't be 85%?
Reply 994
Original post by Asklepios
"A myopic person has clear vision when looking at objects close to them, but distant objects will appear blurred."

:giggle:

Original post by ChrissyH
Congrats on reading some words and then copying them on a word processor. You're still wrong. #wasteddatprivateschooldolla

Gosh, calm down, there's no need to be so rude :erm:

Let's all stop getting angry over a picture of a fudging rabbit eating lettuce.
Original post by Memetics
Are you looking forward to your sqa results? Share your secrets man

I'm not getting results tonight, but I'm sure everyones done awesome!
Reply 996
Ahh thats cool - from what I've heard quite a few are actually waiting for the post. At least you can see what others get and check UCAS if it doesnt come quick enough!

Best of luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Bromaldehyde
someone please tell me you're trolling this isn't even funny argh

I know I nearly **** myself when I saw this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Email from 1am onwards. Good luck

I am hoping I get it very early...I want it as soon as possible :tongue:
Original post by NathanG123
I agree I havn't heard of this, do you have any evidence the boundaries have went up?

It must be a joke, teachers would have certainly told us haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending