The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 29Bilal96
Ahaaa 'Turn Left' was awesome :biggrin:
Urrrm 'Family of Blood', 'Utopia', 'Sound of the Drums', ooh and 'Blink'

I agree! Utopia and Blink were quite something :smile:
Original post by timeywimey
I agree! Utopia and Blink were quite something :smile:

:eek: --> "Don't blink" :tongue:
Original post by timeywimey
On a side note, which episodes do people like from the Tennant/Eccleston era? Turn Left is one of my all time favs.

Turn Left/Blink were both good, as has been mentioned. Personally was a huge fan of Midnight too.
Original post by shadowdweller
Turn Left/Blink were both good, as has been mentioned. Personally was a huge fan of Midnight too.

Midnight! How could I forget? Going to go watch it now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to miss Matt Smith as the doctor but I am looking forward to the new series.
So looking forward to the next series. It's been a long wait and I want to see what Capaldi will be like :h:

Midnight scared the **** outta me. Still can't really watch it :tongue:
Original post by bubble999
So looking forward to the next series. It's been a long wait and I want to see what Capaldi will be like :h:

I know that feeling. Midnight, Blink, The Empty Child two parter, Waters of Mars and Silence in the Library two parter get me every time. Have to have someone with me to watch them.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I know that feeling. Midnight, Blink, The Empty Child two parter, Waters of Mars and Silence in the Library two parter get me every time. Have to have someone with me to watch them.

Omg yes! All of these are scary.

Out of all of them, Midnight and Waters of Mars are ones I can barely watch. I don't find the others too bad now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg yes! All of these are scary.

Out of all of them, Midnight and Waters of Mars are ones I can barely watch. I don't find the others too bad now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

With the double parters I'm better if I see both parts at once...if not the waiting kills me. I think the worst thing about Midnight and Waters of Mars is the Doctor now knowing that the things are and how to stop them. Urgh just imagining the faces of the monsters on Mars is making me scared to sleep now.
With the double parters I'm better if I see both parts at once...if not the waiting kills me. I think the worst thing about Midnight and Waters of Mars is the Doctor now knowing that the things are and how to stop them. Urgh just imagining the faces of the monsters on Mars is making me scared to sleep now.

Why did I read this before bed :afraid:

But agreed, the psychology behind it and all :fyi:

Oh yeah, definitely one of the scarier eps. Love it though, just such a clever premise.

Remember finding The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit terrifying, not sure about any others :lol:

(edited 8 years ago)

Midnight is so good because it is so unusual and you didn't have a clue what was going on for any minute of it and for the first time ever(I might be wrong but its a point of interpretation) The Doctor is the idiot of the story who gets himself in far too deeply and needs to be saved.I genuinely didn't know what was going to happen when they were going to throw the Doctor out and thought it would be a 2 parter-just because something is advertised as one parter doesn't mean it is eg.Utopia that's what made that episode so shocking.
Oh yeah, definitely one of the scarier eps. Love it though, just such a clever premise.

Remember finding The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit terrifying, not sure about any others :lol:

Oh that was horrific as well. But defs not the most horrific. I miss the old scary episodes.

Original post by Dalek1099
Midnight is so good because it is so unusual and you didn't have a clue what was going on for any minute of it and for the first time ever(I might be wrong but its a point of interpretation) The Doctor is the idiot of the story who gets himself in far too deeply and needs to be saved.I genuinely didn't know what was going to happen when they were going to throw the Doctor out and thought it would be a 2 parter-just because something is advertised as one parter doesn't mean it is eg.Utopia that's what made that episode so shocking.

I don't think he's the idiot, I think he's just the one trying to help. Also scary as showing humans are super dangerous.

It's so weirdly simple yet clever.

Oh yeah, they were also terrifying - but since I have watched them a lot, I don't find them too bad anymore. Maybe I need to grow a pair and face Midnight, and watch it :afraid:
Honestly didn't care much for Midnight, to me it seemed like low-budget filler. It was a cool idea but I can't say it evoked any fear in me (unlike the Waters of Mars which was just awesome. Definitely in my top 3 episodes). Each to their own I guess.
I absolutely adored Blink. I kind of felt like Moffatt got a little carried away with how great the angels were though because I felt that they got worse with each episode focusing on them *shudders* Manhattan...
Reply 3296
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
I absolutely adored Blink. I kind of felt like Moffatt got a little carried away with how great the angels were though because I felt that they got worse with each episode focusing on them *shudders* Manhattan...

This. So very very much this.

I adored Manhattan :sad: It was the angels two-parter that I hated. :frown:

Manhattan was terrible, but the two-part story in series 5 was brilliant:yep: The Time of Angels, Flesh & Stone.
It's so weirdly simple yet clever.

Oh yeah, they were also terrifying - but since I have watched them a lot, I don't find them too bad anymore. Maybe I need to grow a pair and face Midnight, and watch it :afraid:

Exactly :h:

I've not seen them since they were first aired, pretty much the only eps I've not rewatched. You should watch Midnight again though, so awesome.

Quick Reply

Latest