The Student Room Group

What GCSE's is everyone most worried about getting back?

Scroll to see replies

What did you write for it?
Original post by BeeBuzz
Ugh don't get me started on English. I mean the books were good but the actual essay writing...blah. I love science...well only Biology haha. I really like maths and psychology too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I feel the same. Anyway, good luck with your results. :smile:
Original post by Lozzie97
Yeah, I feel the same. Anyway, good luck with your results. :smile:

Cheers, you too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JC_Costales
What did you write for it?

I can't honestly remember anything else i wrote for that question tbh. I know when i read it back though that it didn't sound too sophisticated :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Chemistry, biology and maths
Original post by BeeBuzz
I can't honestly remember anything else i wrote for that question tbh. I know when i read it back though that it didn't sound too sophisticated :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Youd still probably get marks
Original post by Sarah Bethany

I'm with you on that one- what exam board did you do and what topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
I'm with you on that one- what exam board did you do and what topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA:
Paper 1- Hitler's Foreign Policy, Origins of the Cold War, Crises of the Cold War
Paper 2- Tsardom to Communism, Stalin, Hitler's Germany

I really messed up paper 2 :/ what did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did AQA:
Paper 1- Hitler's Foreign Policy, Origins of the Cold War, Crises of the Cold War
Paper 2- Tsardom to Communism, Stalin, Hitler's Germany

I really messed up paper 2 :/ what did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did. AQA as well! :-)
Paper 1- causes of ww1, Peace making and treaty of versailles, Hitler's foriegn policy
Paper 2- boom In America, depression and the new deal in America, Vietnam

I messed up both- I left 2 FULL sections in paper 1 and in paper 2 I missed out 3 questions, one 8marker and the rest were 4/2markers.. Urgh.. I love history as well I want to study it in the future etc. My chances of that is messed up now though.. What did you do for the coursework if you can remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did. AQA as well! :-)
Paper 1- causes of ww1, Peace making and treaty of versailles, Hitler's foriegn policy
Paper 2- boom In America, depression and the new deal in America, Vietnam

I messed up both- I left 2 FULL sections in paper 1 and in paper 2 I missed out 3 questions, one 8marker and the rest were 4/2markers.. Urgh.. I love history as well I want to study it in the future etc. My chances of that is messed up now though.. What did you do for the coursework if you can remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we did trench life in WW1 for the first piece of coursework and air warfare for the second... What about you?
I hate history... I used to really like it, but I didn't have a good teacher at GCSE so we were still learning content the week before the exam and he just made me stressed!! I can't deal with so many words either, just can't remember them- much prefer numbers! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we did trench life in WW1 for the first piece of coursework and air warfare for the second... What about you?
I hate history... I used to really like it, but I didn't have a good teacher at GCSE so we were still learning content the week before the exam and he just made me stressed!! I can't deal with so many words either, just can't remember them- much prefer numbers! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did that for cousework as well! I thought some of the sources were awful :/ what makes you say you messed up paper 2? Did you just not get the questions or forgot?
And ahh I'm more the opposite I'm a factual person that can learn a lot of facts but with stuff like sciences.. I struggle like mad.. For some reason I'm just naturally better at remembering stuff from the past :P
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I did that for cousework as well! I thought some of the sources were awful :/ what makes you say you messed up paper 2? Did you just not get the questions or forgot?
And ahh I'm more the opposite I'm a factual person that can learn a lot of facts but with stuff like sciences.. I struggle like mad.. For some reason I'm just naturally better at remembering stuff from the past :P
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I went into paper 1 thinking I didn't know anything, but it turns out I knew more than I thought...I went into paper 2 also thinking I didn't know anything but hoping it would like paper 1...I opened it and looked at the first topic and that was fine - I thought I knew more than I realised! But then I looked at the other 2 topics and I knew nothing, so yeah... I doubt I got even close to 40 on the second 2 topics! I also misinterpreted the last 12 mark question and wrote the essay on the wrong topic so yeah... :/ haha I always remember the things I don't need to know!! xD science just makes sense, whereas with some history, particularly Stalin, it was just 'people were rounded up and shot' repeated over and over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I went into paper 1 thinking I didn't know anything, but it turns out I knew more than I thought...I went into paper 2 also thinking I didn't know anything but hoping it would like paper 1...I opened it and looked at the first topic and that was fine - I thought I knew more than I realised! But then I looked at the other 2 topics and I knew nothing, so yeah... I doubt I got even close to 40 on the second 2 topics! I also misinterpreted the last 12 mark question and wrote the essay on the wrong topic so yeah... :/ haha I always remember the things I don't need to know!! xD science just makes sense, whereas with some history, particularly Stalin, it was just 'people were rounded up and shot' repeated over and over!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh at least your papers went a lot better than mine tbh- not forgetting though we do have our coursework grade... Not that it'll affect my grade as much but ah well.. You know these articles about lower grade boundaries do you think it's just for English, maths and science or Do you think other subjects will be considered? I'm hopin history is :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh at least your papers went a lot better than mine tbh- not forgetting though we do have our coursework grade... Not that it'll affect my grade as much but ah well.. You know these articles about lower grade boundaries do you think it's just for English, maths and science or Do you think other subjects will be considered? I'm hopin history is :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it'll be most subjects, mainly academic ones I guess as they'll probably have been most affected, but I don't think it'll just be English, Maths and Science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it'll be most subjects, mainly academic ones I guess as they'll probably have been most affected, but I don't think it'll just be English, Maths and Science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh good my predictions is ones that include a lot of essay writing. E.g.history, geography etc. Because English exams are getting marked harsher every year and subjects like Spanish listening papers etc. Wouldn't be as big of a problem... I want to see grade boundaries asap though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh good my predictions is ones that include a lot of essay writing. E.g.history, geography etc. Because English exams are getting marked harsher every year and subjects like Spanish listening papers etc. Wouldn't be as big of a problem... I want to see grade boundaries asap though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, hope so :smile: and so do I!
Good luck for results day!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, hope so :smile: and so do I!
Good luck for results day!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks- I'll be panicking all on my birthday though as it's the day before (20th) so I don't know how ill be for mt birthday ahah.
You too! Hope you get to do your alevels that you want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah thanks- I'll be panicking all on my birthday though as it's the day before (20th) so I don't know how ill be for mt birthday ahah.
You too! Hope you get to do your alevels that you want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that's unfortunate! :L
Thanks! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
English, chemistry, biology, maths, french and history... a lot basically

Quick Reply

Latest