The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Higherdude
I laughed...
Not.

Twitter's pretty entertaining on results day to be fair - as sadistic as it sounds. :tongue:
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm sure its just because you've done so awesomely - not too long to go now though!

Best of luck!

Nah doubting that! The only exam i'm confident I did well in was Spanish, but then again that was an int 2 :colondollar: I'd like to think i've done well in Art and English but those subjects are so subjective in marking that you can't really predict how it'll go. And i'm pretty certain I haven't done well in Physics. Not only did I leave the exam feeling that the paper was unbelievably difficult, but my project was... just terrible. Turns out my physics teacher didn't mark ANY of the maths in the project (my weakest area) and he told me 3 weeks before the deadline (I also had a deadline for 2 dissertations and 2 portfolios in this time period too) that I had missed out some really important theory in every experiment, despite the fact that he had seen a draft with the same theory 5 months before. No hint whatsoever about what this theory was, but at this point i was so sick of the subject I just left it as it was and never altered it.
Original post by RD208
Twitter's pretty entertaining on results day to be fair - as sadistic as it sounds. :tongue:

The only time it is entertaining :tongue:
Original post by Blabyda
Nah doubting that! The only exam i'm confident I did well in was Spanish, but then again that was an int 2 :colondollar: I'd like to think i've done well in Art and English but those subjects are so subjective in marking that you can't really predict how it'll go. And i'm pretty certain I haven't done well in Physics. Not only did I leave the exam feeling that the paper was unbelievably difficult, but my project was... just terrible. Turns out my physics teacher didn't mark ANY of the maths in the project (my weakest area) and he told me 3 weeks before the deadline (I also had a deadline for 2 dissertations and 2 portfolios in this time period too) that I had missed out some really important theory in every experiment, despite the fact that he had seen a draft with the same theory 5 months before. No hint whatsoever about what this theory was, but at this point i was so sick of the subject I just left it as it was and never altered it.

Ahh, well, if you wanna chat then let me know and if you need any help after getting them then let us know!
Original post by Pennyarcade
Scroll through the posts. Two people said they got them.

Ok Ok, just the first one I clicked on was a troll.
Pretty sure nobody on Twitter has their results yet, none of them seem legit. Plus results don't get sent until 1am normally, so it's unlikely...
Original post by TheFOMaster
#butyoureactuallyageniuswhilemeandholliearenormalalsothenoobcommentisonlytooholliepleb

:wink:
Reply 1167
Good luck everyone! May the Lord be with you
Original post by Pennyarcade
The only time it is entertaining :tongue:

Yes I would agree to an extent. I usually find it a great place to gauge public opinion/reaction to events.
the earliest i've heard of emails coming out before is about 12.30 so I wouldn't be surprised if people are getting them!
Are you guys getting yr results?
Original post by kiyubi
Are you guys getting yr results?

Not yet - still got 30 mins!
Reply 1172
Im scaredddddd :frown:
I'm an A Level student but thought I'd pop over to wish you guys good luck for your results! :smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
Not yet - still got 30 mins!

OMG good luck I hope you all achieve what you want, am not Scottish my results are on the 14th Aug and am dreading it, just joining in this thread to get the feel of it😭
Original post by sunnee

Don't worry, I'm sure you've done great! Try to relax, are you going to sleep?
Original post by sunnee

Don't worry there is something called luck and I hope it's yr day (thumbs up)🙅
Original post by sunnee

inb4 generic mobbsy reply
Reply 1178
The only reason I'm still up is to creep on people's results ʘ‿ʘ
http://news.stv.tv/east-central/285046-exam-results-the-wait-is-over-for-more-than-140000-scottish-pupils/ 77% pass rate for Highers this year and 93% for Nat 4, 81% for Nat 5! Good luck guys, got my fingers crossed for you all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending