The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobbsy91
Congratulations for your results - don't be disheartened by those 2 too much! You still did really well. Now you can go and enjoy some sleep!

Thanks so much! Long lie today!
Original post by NinetyOne
AABD. Philosophy went much worse than expected. And I can't believe I got an A in English but not in politics? WTF! I absolutely felt I aced that exam.

That really sucks - I often find I predict how the exam went really badly. Well, well done on your really good set of results, and now go have some fun (or sleep)...
Original post by chopinfan
Still no sign of results :dry: :confused:

They'll be here soon enough - still 5 hours to go until 9 :giggle:
Are you going to stay up? :h:

Original post by NinetyOne
AABD. Philosophy went much worse than expected. And I can't believe I got an A in English but not in politics? WTF! I absolutely felt I aced that exam.

Well done! :h: It's strange when that happens - when I feel like I did really well I tend to do really badly :erm:
Original post by Espoirenna
Thanks so much! Long lie today!

Haha, not a bad plan - very jealous of you! Enjoy it, and again, congratulations!
Original post by Neuth
Glad to hear it :h: Well done :hugs:
Yes, fingers crossed for everyone :crossedf:

Thank you!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Unlucky mate - me and Neuth will be sticking around so we'll be here if you wanna talk...

Original post by Neuth
They'll be here soon enough - still 5 hours to go until 9 :giggle:
Are you going to stay up? :h:

Yeah I'll stay up till I get them :tongue: Almost 4 am, really thought I'd have them by now but oh well haha :s-smilie:
Original post by jen123456
has anyone else not got their results yet? or only me?

Lots of people :yes:

You'll get yours soon :hugs:

Original post by asdfghjess
Thank you!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

You're welcome!! :hugs:

Yeah I'll stay up till I get them :tongue: Almost 4 am, really thought I'd have them by now but oh well haha :s-smilie:

I'll be here if you want to talk, ahah... not long to wait, I guess :yes:
Just got my results in!

Higher English - B
Higher Maths - C
Higher Chemistry - B
Higher Computing - A
Higher Human Biology - A

Don't know how I feel. Happy overall I suppose but a bit gutted for maths!
(edited 9 years ago)

It really sucks that they're luck of the draw... I suppose that its getting to the point that you may as well stay up, although, you could go to sleep and wake up to results. Would be a nice surprise...
Original post by Neuth
Lots of people :yes:

You'll get yours soon :hugs:

You're welcome!! :hugs:

I'll be here if you want to talk, ahah... not long to wait, I guess :yes:

when's the latest you can get them? is it 9am?
Reply 1570
Good luck today guys, In Shaa Allah kheyr everyone meets their offers :smile:
Reply 1571
wait how have you already got them? We get ours at 8 in the morn for A levels
And when does track open for you
So turns out I did sign up for the email and it just came!

3 As at Advanced Higher which means I've met my condition for uni and I shall be in London for the next 4 years of my life, so ****ing happy! :biggrin:
Original post by AndrewSCO

3 As at Advanced Higher which means I've met my condition for uni and I shall be in London for the next 4 years of my life, so ****ing happy! :biggrin:

Congratulations- thats really great! London is also such a great place to be!

Now go rest and get some sleep before celebrating tomorrow!
Still waiting on my email :angry:
Ahhh I'm so awake it's annoying😂 I hope my results are the same on the text and letter as they are on my email haha :smile: hope you all get what you's want/need :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gemma3011
Still waiting on my email :angry:

still waiting on mine too! it's torture isn't it? what results are you waiting for? :smile:
That really sucks - I often find I predict how the exam went really badly. Well, well done on your really good set of results, and now go have some fun (or sleep)...

Thank you. Rather surprising results in more than one way. I have a bit of a dilemma now though. My offer for Aberdeen was for ABBB and I got AABD.. Last year I got ACC. I have my backup with Stirling which only wanted BBB but I'm not sure if I would rather wait and apply again next year. If I applied again next year would they look at my grades as a whole rather than what I just did this year? So in total I now have AAABCCD?
Original post by jen123456
when's the latest you can get them? is it 9am?

For e-mail and texts, yes :yes:

Original post by M-Dog
wait how have you already got them? We get ours at 8 in the morn for A levels
And when does track open for you

They get them between 1am and 9am if they sign up for text/e-mail and track opens at 9.
If they want to apply for clearing they have to wait until the 14th though :giggle:

Original post by AndrewSCO

Brilliant!! Ahhh, well done - that's amazing! :biggrin:
Are you looking forward to it all? :redface:
:party: :congrats: :party:
There's an email from the SQA in my inbox... :eek: So nervewracking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending