The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarkP.
Met my conditions for uni, so chuffed! Well done everyone, hope you got what you needed!

WELL DONE! :biggrin:

Original post by Gemma3011
Glad im not the only one... :frown:

They'll be here soon, don't worry! :hugs:
Original post by mobbsy91
Congratulations mate! Well done!

Well done for staying up this long to help everyone. :smile:
Original post by kmurdoch97
Thanks for your kind words my friend!

I just feel I could have done a whole lot better than what I done, but I can't do anything about it now.

I'm just gonna go to college, do a HNC then go to University.

Hopefully, It'll work out better for me.

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. I'm pretty sure everything will turn out okay. :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Airess3
Still waiting for my results :dontknow:

Hang on in there :hugs:
Me and Mobbsy are here if you need someone to keep you company :h:

Original post by MarkP.
Met my conditions for uni, so chuffed! Well done everyone, hope you got what you needed!

Woooo, well done! :congrats: :party:

What are you going to study? :h:
Original post by Neuth
Hang on in there :hugs:
Me and Mobbsy are here if you need someone to keep you company :h:

Woooo, well done! :congrats: :party:

What are you going to study? :h:

Scots Law :P
Original post by RachelStickle
I was getting 5th year higher results and only got ABBDD I'm absolutely gutted. If I take more highers and two advanced highers in sixth year is there any way I can still go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on what course and the offer that the university have given you. If they offer a one year sitting, then you would have to reapply next year for another one year sitting, and do all the subjects that year and get the grades. If its a 2 year sitting, you can resit or do other subjects and they will count towards your university offer and so if you finished getting the grades next year, you'd be accepted!
I was getting 5th year higher results and only got ABBDD I'm absolutely gutted. If I take more highers and two advanced highers in sixth year is there any way I can still go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there's a will, there's a way. :smile:

In other words, yes. You can still go to uni if you take more this year. :smile:
Original post by Midnightmemories
If there's a will, there's a way. :smile:

In other words, yes. You can still go to uni if you take more this year. :smile:

And well done to you for staying up, but SLEEP NOW!
And well done to you for staying up, but SLEEP NOW!

You sleep now. :tongue: xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's nothing to be gutted about, they're good results! For your first year of highers I think you did pretty well. For my first year I got AABD so really not that different, then just met my conditions today to study law, it's not the end of the world!
Original post by Airess3
Still waiting for my results :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still here if you want to chat, and so are Neuth and Mobbsy. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm still here if you want to chat, and so are Neuth and Mobbsy. :smile:

We're ninjas who don't sleep :ninja:
Original post by Neuth

Sleep? What's that!
Original post by Neuth

Sleep? What's that!

Yeah, no one has any idea what sleep is. :tongue:
It depends on what course and the offer that the university have given you. If they offer a one year sitting, then you would have to reapply next year for another one year sitting, and do all the subjects that year and get the grades. If its a 2 year sitting, you can resit or do other subjects and they will count towards your university offer and so if you finished getting the grades next year, you'd be accepted!

okay, I don't really have my heart set on a specific course yet, I'm not even 100% sure I want to go to university! I just wanted to know if it was possible, thanks for your help ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1673
Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay, I don't really have my heart set on a specific course yet, I'm not even 100% sure I want to go to university! I just wanted to know if it was possible, thanks for your help ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem - in short, yes it is possible still. Check out the university courses to start to get an idea if you wanted though!

Best of luck!
Well done everyone! So many great results - be proud! If you haven't done as well as you hoped it isn't the end of the world, so don't panic!

I sat 5 highers and got AAAAB, completely shocked!! Especially since I managed to get an A for English and History! I expected to get AABBC at best, so I'm absolutely ecstatic!

I hope everyone else achieves the results they deserve, good luck for anyone still waiting!
Sleep? What's that!

If I knew what it was I'd be sleeping...
Oh, wait.
Original post by arcticcmonkeys
Well done everyone! So many great results - be proud! If you haven't done as well as you hoped it isn't the end of the world, so don't panic!

I sat 5 highers and got AAAAB, completely shocked!! Especially since I managed to get an A for English and History! I expected to get AABBC at best, so I'm absolutely ecstatic!

I hope everyone else achieves the results they deserve, good luck for anyone still waiting!

Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by L01
Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would really need to look at which university - I would think it's possible, just depending on the university and how much they consider the application and you...
Does anyone know what time UCAS Clearing will be open? I'm pretty sure I will be in Clearing this year, even though I haven't recieved my results yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending