The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MartinLaird
Thanks a lot buddy I couldn't be more chuffed! I just worked so hard all year and I'm so glad it's paid off! I actually managed to get to sleep then my dad woke me up with the email! :biggrin:

(I got an A in English and Geography and my B in history and I'm wanting to study the latter two at Glasgow!)

How'd yours go my friend?

Ahh, so you got to sleep then :smile: I'm really glad it all worked out really well for you buddy :biggrin:

I'm not receiving results today, just here to help out!
Original post by mobbsy91
Hey, that definitely isn't true - you deserve your parents support, and they'll support you through. You did what you could and that's what matters - Just believe in yourself, and remember grades aren't everything.

Im going to quote in She-Ra (an awesome person!) to help you out with your question!

Original post by koolcat
I feel **** I got all C's in Adv H biology and Chemistry and Higher maths and Business management. This was supposed to be my year.What do I do now.I want to do medicine but is that even possible.I feel like a complete burden to my family especially my parents.The same thing happened last year and they kept supporting me even though I felt like I didnt deserve it.I hate myself that its unbelievable.

Mobbsy is right koolcat - your family support you because they love you. I appreciate why you're feeling like that right now, you're disappointed and that is no natural when you've made a plan and worked your socks off.

What were you plans for this September?

The summary of the grades students need to get to do medicine in Scotland is here
Original post by mobbsy91
Ahh, so you got to sleep then :smile: I'm really glad it all worked out really well for you buddy :biggrin:

I'm not receiving results today, just here to help out!

By some miracle yeah lol! Now I'm worried about my sisters national 5 results and she's still in bed! 😂

Whoops sorry lol! That's very good of you to do that because you'll know yourself what it's like! 😨

Glasgow want AAAA/AAABB for history and geography so I'm hoping AAAAB is my ticket 👍
Got my results. 2A's, 3B's and 3C's. Quite gutted as I was only expecting 1 c :frown: and I got one of the a's in English!! So chuffed with that considering I got a D in the prelim. Hope everyone gets their desired result :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
By some miracle yeah lol! Now I'm worried about my sisters national 5 results and she's still in bed!

Whoops sorry lol! That's very good of you to do that because you'll know yourself what it's like!

Glasgow want AAAA/AAABB for history and geography so I'm hoping AAAAB is my ticket

Ahh, are hers coming through post or email/text - I'm sure she'll do really great!
Awesome - I really am really pleased for you, good luck with the future!
Hi, im finished S5 and I am wanting to study medicine:

Int 2 Spanish A
Int 2 Biology A
Standard grade Chemistry 1
Standard grade Physics 2
Standard grade English 2
Standard Grade Maths 2
Standard Grade Drama 2
Standard Grade Business Management 2

Higher Maths C
Higher Business Management C
Higher Biology C
Higher Physics C
Higher Chemistry C

I'm so gutted and devastated with my Higher Results this Year utterly heart broken, i've dreamed of doing medicine and nothing else that's all i think about no other alternative course. Do you Know what i can do now i.e next steps or any routes i can take to do medicine if so please tell me i really need your guys help much appreciated.

What subjects should i do in sixth year based on these results, so any routes or next steps that i need to take in order to do medicine could you please tell me thank you
Advanced Higher English: C
Advanced Higher History: A
Higher Psychology: A

Atleast I didn't fail English...Honestly thought I might have done better, but oh well.
Original post by cookiepink
Got my results. 2A's, 3B's and 3C's. Quite gutted as I was only expecting 1 c :frown: and I got one of the a's in English!! So chuffed with that considering I got a D in the prelim. Hope everyone gets their desired result :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats really good mate - remember to focus on your good results, we all have some bad days, and we just can't let them get us down!
Congratulations!
Reply 1728
I failed... I just can't believe I failed!
Original post by mathsisannoying
Hey all i have a question from my friend, he got his results by email this morning and is wanting to go through clearing, im guessing he didnt get what he wanted. He was asking something and i wasnt sure what the answer would be so here i log on this at 7 in the morning! UGH. Anyways, he was going through clearing, seen something he liked but it said the entry requrements were something like BBBC cant remember really and he had BBCCC and i guess he was wondering if he would still get it or its worth phoning them, i wasnt too sure about that either so i dont know what to tell him the wrong thing. AHH :s-smilie:

Morning :smile:

Scottish Clearing opens on UCAS Track today at 2.30 and closes on the 8th at 2pm for Scottish students.

Lots of guidance here on a Guide to SQA Clearing 2014 with information on the universities in Scotland who are offering places via Clearing.

Get your pal to check Track at 9am today - if he hasn't been accepted by his firm or insurance or wants to then be released from his insurance offer he will need to get the university to do this. In the meantime he needs to contact universities to see if they will accept him - he'll need to let them know his UCAS clearing number when he has one.

They then should confirm his place via Track.

Does this help? :biggrin:

Check out our Guide to Clearing 2014 too & here is another extensive list of universities in Clearing

Wish you mate good luck from us!! Let us know how you get on :smile:
Original post by ChrissyH
Advanced Higher English: C
Advanced Higher History: A
Higher Psychology: A

Atleast I didn't fail English...Honestly thought I might have done better, but oh well.

Hey mate - really well done with these results. Try not to worry about English too much, your other results are really good and so focus on them!

Congratulatiosn! :king1:
Original post by sunnee
I failed... I just can't believe I failed!

Hey, what results did you get - Please try not to let it worry you too much, and let us help you!
Thanks a lot buddy I couldn't be more chuffed! I just worked so hard all year and I'm so glad it's paid off! I actually managed to get to sleep then my dad woke me up with the email! :biggrin:

(I got an A in English and Geography and my B in history and I'm wanting to study the latter two at Glasgow!)

How'd yours go my friend?

Your dad sounds like a legend! He must have been very excited and very proud :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!
Original post by She-Ra
Morning :smile:

Scottish Clearing opens on UCAS Track today at 2.30 and closes on the 8th at 2pm for Scottish students.

Lots of guidance here on a Guide to SQA Clearing 2014 with information on the universities in Scotland who are offering places via Clearing.

Get your pal to check Track at 9am today - if he hasn't been accepted by his firm or insurance or wants to then be released from his insurance offer he will need to get the university to do this. In the meantime he needs to contact universities to see if they will accept him - he'll need to let them know his UCAS clearing number when he has one.

They then should confirm his place via Track.

Does this help? :biggrin:

Check out our Guide to Clearing 2014 too & here is another extensive list of universities in Clearing

Wish you mate good luck from us!! Let us know how you get on :smile:

thanks, can he phone the universities at 9, once released or whatever he is doing or will he have to wait till 2:30, he doesnt know if he will be in at the start of that clearing process so would he be able to phone them when track opens/hes released and then just confirm it at 2:30 im confused with this myself hah.

Int 2 Spanish A
Int 2 Biology A
Standard grade Physics 2
Standard grade English 2
Standard Grade Maths 2
Standard Grade Drama 2

Higher Maths C
Higher Biology C
Higher Physics C
Higher Chemistry C

I'm so gutted and devastated with my Higher Results this Year utterly heart broken, i've dreamed of doing medicine and nothing else that's all i think about no other alternative course. Do you Know what i can do now i.e next steps or any routes i can take to do medicine if so please tell me i really need your guys help much appreciated.

What subjects should i do in sixth year based on these results, so any routes or next steps that i need to take in order to do medicine could you please tell me thank you
Original post by SHD7726

Int 2 Spanish A
Int 2 Biology A
Standard grade Physics 2
Standard grade English 2
Standard Grade Maths 2
Standard Grade Drama 2

Higher Maths C
Higher Biology C
Higher Physics C
Higher Chemistry C

Morning,

Will quote in a couple of very knowledgeable medic types :smile: They will certainly be able to advise you a lot better than me, but just wanted to let you know that we'd seen your post and will be sure to help you.

Hype en Ecosse
x

Asklepios
x

They might be snoozing but I'm sure they'll get back to you very shortly.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, make sure you eat some breakfast, drink something - you need to keep your energy levels up on a day like today.

:hugs:
Original post by mathsisannoying
thanks, can he phone the universities at 9, once released or whatever he is doing or will he have to wait till 2:30, he doesnt know if he will be in at the start of that clearing process so would he be able to phone them when track opens/hes released and then just confirm it at 2:30 im confused with this myself hah.

He can call universities from 9 but Track won't open to input Clearing options until 2.30 to ensure that people have enough time to make decisions.

:smile:
Original post by She-Ra
Morning,

Will quote in a couple of very knowledgeable medic types :smile: They will certainly be able to advise you a lot better than me, but just wanted to let you know that we'd seen your post and will be sure to help you.

They might be snoozing but I'm sure they'll get back to you very shortly.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, make sure you eat some breakfast, drink something - you need to keep your energy levels up on a day like today.

:hugs:

Thankyou so much you've really helped me, is it possible that i could get a different result when the post arrives, there have been in the past incorrect results given to people on the sqa emails.

anyway thankyou so much if things work out and i do in the future study medicine i will thankyou and owe you one big time cheers
Original post by L01
Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Difficult, most want an A or at least a B in Maths, but have a look at Napier. Resit if you can. There is always a way, resist, college course first ... It might just take you a little bit longer that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mikeandadamsmum
Difficult, most want an A or at least a B in Maths, but have a look at Napier. Resit if you can. There is always a way, resist, college course first ... It might just take you a little bit longer that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Resit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending