The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobbsy91
WOW - that's incredible. You should be so happy and proud of yourself!!!!
I'm really glad for you! Congratulations!

Thank you very much
Hi, im finished S5 and I am wanting to study medicine:

Int 2 Spanish A
Int 2 Biology A
Standard grade Chemistry 1
Standard grade Physics 2
Standard grade English 2
Standard Grade Maths 2
Standard Grade Drama 2
Standard Grade Business Management 2

Higher Maths C
Higher Business Management C
Higher Biology C
Higher Physics C
Higher Chemistry C

I'm so gutted and devastated with my Higher Results this Year utterly heart broken, i've dreamed of doing medicine and nothing else that's all i think about no other alternative course. Do you Know what i can do now i.e next steps or any routes i can take to do medicine if so please tell me i really need your guys help much appreciated.

What subjects should i do in sixth year based on these results, so any routes or next steps that i need to take in order to do medicine could you please tell me thank you.

Hoping to study in Sixth year Advance Biology, Advance Chemistry And Higher Computing i asked them can i do advanced biology and chemistry they said yes if i had got a C or Higher in Both, me i could get A in advance Biology, B in advanced Chemistry and A in higher computing and them maybe could i be accepted to an access to medicine or even medicine course? please help me
Original post by Ami_
Still waiting for the postman :frown:

That's unfortunate - what time does he usually come? And what grades are you hoping for?

I'm sure you'll do really well and good luck for when the time comes!
Reply 1763
HAS ANYONE GOT AN A IN AH MATHS ( I got a B I'm so freaking pissed i spent 100000 hours revising it and doing past papers....)
Thats really annoying - sorry about that. Well hopefully within the hour! What are you hoping to get?

Just got my results right this minute.

Music: A
Geography: A
English: B
Mathematics B
Physics: C (was a crash Higher but really chuffed since I thought I'd get a D!)

But I missed my conditions by one grade :frown: Aberdeen wanted ABB - to include Geo and Physics but I only got ABC... And my insurance Uni wanted a B in Physics too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMg I GOT 5AS!!!!!!!!! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Confused!
Hi,

My highest offer was ABBCC and my lowest was BBC. I've landed with BCFF, I don't know how. I had thought I absolutely aced the Adv.Higher Computing due it feeling so easy this year, I am so so gutted right now. Also, Higher Maths? I would thought I AT LEAST got a C in it, I don't even know why, my parents paid £30 for tutoring TWICE a week from October, this is just so so so so bad.

Hi,
so sorry about the disappointing results, but there's always the chance of a remark :yes: Talk to your school about it and see what they think. Check out the help page for this HERE
Hope all goes well in the end :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Airess3

Mathematics B

But I missed my conditions by one grade :frown: Aberdeen wanted ABB - to include Geo and Physics but I only got ABC... And my insurance Uni wanted a B in Physics too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about that mate - it's worth waiting until 9 however, as there is a chance the uni has accepted and you wont know until track opens at 9! Then, if you want to think about clearing, some Scottish unis will open it today, the rest on the 14th with results - Bear in mind you wont be able to input any clearing places on UCAS until after 2.30pm

Clearing guide here
Original post by Raabiah
OMg I GOT 5AS!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good mate. You should be really happy with that and a congratulations are in order!!!!
:biggrin:
Original post by SHD7726
Hi, im finished S5 and I am wanting to study medicine:

Int 2 Spanish A
Int 2 Biology A
Standard grade Chemistry 1
Standard grade Physics 2
Standard grade English 2
Standard Grade Maths 2
Standard Grade Drama 2
Standard Grade Business Management 2

Higher Maths C
Higher Business Management C
Higher Biology C
Higher Physics C
Higher Chemistry C

I'm so gutted and devastated with my Higher Results this Year utterly heart broken, i've dreamed of doing medicine and nothing else that's all i think about no other alternative course. Do you Know what i can do now i.e next steps or any routes i can take to do medicine if so please tell me i really need your guys help much appreciated.

What subjects should i do in sixth year based on these results, so any routes or next steps that i need to take in order to do medicine could you please tell me thank you.

Hoping to study in Sixth year Advance Biology, Advance Chemistry And Higher Computing i asked them can i do advanced biology and chemistry they said yes if i had got a C or Higher in Both, me i could get A in advance Biology, B in advanced Chemistry and A in higher computing and them maybe could i be accepted to an access to medicine or even medicine course? please help me

Hiya! Please can you stop spamming this message? I have quoted two people in who will help you :smile:
Original post by Raabiah
OMg I GOT 5AS!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:Party:
:woo::congrats::woo:
That's great news, well done!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry about that mate - it's worth waiting until 9 however, as there is a chance the uni has accepted and you wont know until track opens at 9! Then, if you want to think about clearing, some Scottish unis will open it today, the rest on the 14th with results - Bear in mind you wont be able to input any clearing places on UCAS until after 2.30pm

Clearing guide here

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my results and I got the 5As I was hoping for but my twin got 4As and a B after having got 5As in his prelims and having recieved no Bs throughout the year. I got 4As and a B in my prelims but managed to pull everything together for the exams. At this moment it really feels like if I could trade my A with him I would. Dont know what to do:frown:
Original post by Airess3

Mathematics B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed for you :smile:

One grade may be ok - I missed my offer by one grade and Birmingham (my firm) let me in, it can happen.

Whilst you wait for Track to open and for confirmation - maybe just have a little look over your options here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2766660 for Clearing 2014

Good Luck & let us know how you get on!
Original post by Gingerbread101
Hi,
so sorry about the disappointing results, but there's always the chance of a remark :yes: Talk to your school about it and see what they think. Check out the help page for this HERE
Hope all goes well in the end :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, do I just phone up the school and say to them I want a re-mark of this and that then drop off the cash? I can't bare to see my Computing teacher, he was expecting an A from me.
Original post by gweneliz
Just got my results and I got the 5As I was hoping for but my twin got 4As and a B after having got 5As in his prelims and having recieved no Bs throughout the year. I got 4As and a B in my prelims but managed to pull everything together for the exams. At this moment it really feels like if I could trade my A with him I would. Dont know what to do:frown:

You still both did really well :yes:
You should be proud of your results, and he should too- they're still really great! :biggrin: You'll just be feeling guilty because you're still really hyped on adrenaline and because of the excitement of results so just let everything settle down :smile:
There's nothing you can do about it anyway :smile:

Heya, - really well done to you and your twin. Please don't worry about it, he may've just had a bad day, it happens. As it is you've done amazingly and you should both be really proud!

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!! :biggrin:
So guys what does the certificate look like? Are the subjects in alphabetical order or alphabetical order with highest grades first so like
Maths a
Pe a
Chemistry b??????

Firstly congratulations on your grades - you absolutely aced it and should feel massively proud of yourself! What you've said is so touching. You sound like the loveliest sibling ever :smile:

Your twin has also done incredibly well - people would trade an arm and a leg for grades like that.... long term that B won't matter but I appreciate that right now it doesn't feel like at all.

How is your twin doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending