The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
You still both did really well :yes:
You should be proud of your results, and he should too- they're still really great! :biggrin: You'll just be feeling guilty because you're still really hyped on adrenaline and because of the excitement of results so just let everything settle down :smile:
There's nothing you can do about it anyway :smile:

We are both proud and I do feel guilty for being so upset for him when I know people would be so so chuffed with those results. He's gone out for a drive anyway.. hopefully he can get it remarked! Just wish we'd looked into the appeal process before today:frown:
Original post by Confused!
Thanks for the kind words, do I just phone up the school and say to them I want a re-mark of this and that then drop off the cash? I can't bare to see my Computing teacher, he was expecting an A from me.

I don't know the ins and outs of remarks, but I presume so :smile: She-Ra can give you any extra information, I've quoted her in
Original post by She-Ra
x
Original post by mobbsy91
Heya, - really well done to you and your twin. Please don't worry about it, he may've just had a bad day, it happens. As it is you've done amazingly and you should both be really proud!

CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!! :biggrin:

Thank you so much. I know, it just feels like I was hoping for 10 As instead of the 5 for myself.. how greedy. Thank you anyway!!
is it possible to get a clearing place you have just been released from? say you dont find any clearing place but that one is still in clearing is it still possible to go back to that uni if it still has places?
When are the grade boundaries released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gweneliz
Thank you so much. I know, it just feels like I was hoping for 10 As instead of the 5 for myself.. how greedy. Thank you anyway!!

It's not - you just really care for your twin and what them (boy/girl?) to do the best they can. That makes sense - As gingerbread101 said, he's quoted in She-Ra and she can give you some help/advice hopefully.

Keep your head high, as your twin will be looking for some support and they'll go to you.

Good luck with the future,
Charlie
We are both proud and I do feel guilty for being so upset for him when I know people would be so so chuffed with those results. He's gone out for a drive anyway.. hopefully he can get it remarked! Just wish we'd looked into the appeal process before today:frown:

Well the information about remarks is all HERE, he'll just need to talk to your school about it :yes:
Reply 1787
That's unfortunate - what time does he usually come? And what grades are you hoping for?

I'm sure you'll do really well and good luck for when the time comes!

Thank you :smile: I would like five a's... But a mixture of a's and b's or just passes would make me happy! He usually comes around 9 or 10ish fingers crossed!
Original post by She-Ra
Firstly congratulations on your grades - you absolutely aced it and should feel massively proud of yourself! What you've said is so touching. You sound like the loveliest sibling ever :smile:

Your twin has also done incredibly well - people would trade an arm and a leg for grades like that.... long term that B won't matter but I appreciate that right now it doesn't feel like at all.

How is your twin doing?

Thank you so much, I am so pleased for myself but obviously so concerned with him. Yea, I think we know that. Think I expected that if anyone were to get a B it would be me; hadnt really prepared myself for this situation. He's ok, its just crushing his pride. He's gone out for a walk with my dog so Im sure he'll be fine... she has a way with words haha.
Reply 1789
Heya so I missed out on conditions (UCL asked for AAA* maths in AH) and I got AAB(in maths) and A in H Economics but its cool cause life is life and my insurance is st andrews so I was wondering what do I do now???? do I wait for UCAS to open at 9?? this is very confusing
Original post by Ami_
Thank you :smile: I would like five a's... But a mixture of a's and b's or just passes would make me happy! He usually comes around 9 or 10ish fingers crossed!

So hopefully not too long then!!! Awesome, you must be really excited and nervous!!! Good luck with your results, and I'd be really happy if you let us know on here if you wanted!!!

Good luck!!!
So guys what does the certificate look like? Are the subjects in alphabetical order or alphabetical order with highest grades first so like
Maths a
Pe a
Chemistry b??????
Original post by rajae
Heya so I missed out on conditions (UCL asked for AAA* maths in AH) and I got AAB(in maths) and A in H Economics but its cool cause life is life and my insurance is st andrews so I was wondering what do I do now???? do I wait for UCAS to open at 9?? this is very confusing

You will need to wait for 9 for UCAS to confirm/deny your place at your firm and your insurance. If they are both denied, you can go into clearing - only available for some Scottish unis today, and the rest on the 14th. For any scottish unis you might get an offer from today, you wont be able to input into UCAS until 2.30pm.

The full Clearing Guide is here
It's not - you just really care for your twin and what them (boy/girl?) to do the best they can. That makes sense - As gingerbread101 said, he's quoted in She-Ra and she can give you some help/advice hopefully.

Keep your head high, as your twin will be looking for some support and they'll go to you.

Good luck with the future,
Charlie

He's a guy and I'm a girl. It was English he got the B in so I guess there's still hope. I really hope he feels that way as I have been with him every step of the way and there's not many people that can say that.
Thank you so so much for this support though, don't think there's many people that would appreciate how he can be so disappointed with his B and how disappointed I can be on his behalf. Thank you.
Original post by Gingerbread101
Well the information about remarks is all HERE, he'll just need to talk to your school about it :yes:

Thank you, really appreciate this.
is it possible to get a clearing place you have just been released from? say you dont find any clearing place but that one is still in clearing is it still possible to go back to that uni if it still has places? someone help please?
Come to think of it, I refuse to believe that I performed so poorly in the Advanced Higher Computing paper. My score for the coursework was 78/80 which left me needing 12 marks for a D (according to last years grade boundaries). I for one do not believe that I did not get at least 12 marks in the main paper to at least get me a D as the final.
Thank you so much, I am so pleased for myself but obviously so concerned with him. Yea, I think we know that. Think I expected that if anyone were to get a B it would be me; hadn't really prepared myself for this situation. He's ok, its just crushing his pride. He's gone out for a walk with my dog so Im sure he'll be fine... she has a way with words haha.

Fresh air and some breathing space is always a good plan :smile:

Enjoy making most of the celebrations together! You two rocked your exams!

BTW the replacement for appeals FAQ is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2742184

Original post by gymnast007
So guys what does the certificate look like? Are the subjects in alphabetical order or alphabetical order with highest grades first so like
Maths a
Pe a
Chemistry b??????

The SQC guide is here :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4581-Understanding-the-SQC
Original post by Confused!
Come to think of it, I refuse to believe that I performed so poorly in the Advanced Higher Computing paper. My score for the coursework was 78/80 which left me needing 12 marks for a D (according to last years grade boundaries). I for one do not believe that I did not get at least 12 marks in the main paper to at least get me a D as the final.

Definitely see about a remark then :smile:
If you got your results by text/email, then there's also a small chance it was an error, it might be different on your post results :smile:
Original post by mathsisannoying
is it possible to get a clearing place you have just been released from? say you dont find any clearing place but that one is still in clearing is it still possible to go back to that uni if it still has places? someone help please?

That's a pretty risky strategy..... why do you want to be released from it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending