The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blabyda
Int 2 spanish - A
AH art - A
AH English - B
AH physics -B

I'm content with those, they're not amazing but I can live with them. I would have liked to have done better in English seeing as I got 90% in the prelim but it's so subjective and a lot of it depends on the markers opinion of the dissertation/folio. A B in physics is a sheer miracle so I'm chuffed with that.

Awesome! Well done :smile:

What are your plans for September?
Original post by mathsisannoying
its risky but its because i want to see if i can get into other universities but since they have clearing places as well i was just wondering.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it for a biscuit! No guarantee that your releasing university would take you back, and they might not want to!

Original post by oldendays
I just got my results and was a bit surprised. I passed all the NABS and got 80% for my folio. However, I decided not to sit the exam this year and did not expect any exam result as a consequence!

My SQA email says Higher English F.

I also passed all the NABS for another subject but did not sit the exam. The subject is not mentioned on the results email!

Surely, if I did not sit the exam it should not have any award attributed to it? Anyone else in this kind of situation as I am very surprised to see this communicated to me by the SQA? Seems like my college are trying to pretend I sat the exam for some reason ...

An

An "F" is a no award, mate. You might have been submitted for the exam because of the portfolio or an administrative error or something, hence why it's showing up on your e-mail, but your certificate should show it as a no award on the cover letter, but you will be awarded the national units for the NABs you passed still! :smile:
Original post by Blabyda
Int 2 spanish - A
AH art - A
AH English - B
AH physics -B

I'm content with those, they're not amazing but I can live with them. I would have liked to have done better in English seeing as I got 90% in the prelim but it's so subjective and a lot of it depends on the markers opinion of the dissertation/folio. A B in physics is a sheer miracle so I'm chuffed with that.

Those are amazing grades, congrats! What are you off to do? :party:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Congrats!! :congrats:
Great job with your results, what are your plans for next year? :smile:

My plans are to go to Lews Castle College to study NQ Administration.
Original post by Blabyda
Int 2 spanish - A
AH art - A
AH English - B
AH physics -B

They're still really good :congrats:
What are you planning on doing next year?
Original post by Confused!
Thank you, I'm popping into the school in a few minutes too. Is there someone from the SQA that's usually there or is it just the teachers who are waiting to advise students?

My school had an "SQA liaison officer" - who was one of the teachers with extra responsibilities. Maybe yours has the same thing? There isn't usually an SQA representative there!
Urgh, super disappointed with my results but oh well, can't do anything about it now.
Original post by Joshua1122
My plans are to go to Lews Castle College to study NQ Administration.

Sounds great :biggrin:

If you stayed up all night for your results, then make sure you have something to eat and drink, and that you have a rest :smile: Otherwise, a bit of celebration is in order! :tongue:
Original post by The Milk Thief
Urgh, super disappointed with my results but oh well, can't do anything about it now.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted :console:
You might want to consider trying to get a remark, the information for which can be found here
Working through a backlog in this thread. :colone:

Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
I've got a full time job at the moment but I hate it I was really hoping to get in to uni! I'm not sure I would need to contact the school, I'm so gutted.

Yeah, talking to your school is the best shot atm. Since you're quite closer to your offer, maybe a remark might help?

Original post by kingsout
So errm I got an A for higher physics but it says exam only even though I passed all my NAB's first time?? Seriously freaking out here!

Definitely talk to your school - it might be the case that your school hasn't submitted the results of your NABs to the SQA properly. I remember there was some hullabaloo about "exam only" showing up in the past few years showing up when it shouldn't, but unfortunately, our advisor who knew about all that stuff has since left the team. :redface:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Well done!! :five:
Even with maths, those are still awesome grades :biggrin: At least you weren't expecting a really high grade in maths :smile:

I really shouldn't have taken it, there were only 3 of us in class and we didn't get any support from school therfore we all failed
Original post by koolkate
I really shouldn't have taken it, there were only 3 of us in class and we didn't get any support from school therfore we all failed

As long as you didn't need maths for anything, it won't matter :smile: At least you know there's nothing you did wrong and it's not your fault :yes:
All As at National 5, whoooo!:dancing2:
Original post by _Miriam_

Awesome!! :woo: :congrats: :woo:
That's great! What are your plans for next year? :smile:

:woo:

:party:

What're your plans for next year?
if it doesnt say a result does it mean you failed
because my ah chemistry isnt there
Original post by L01
Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey mate, definitely still possible to get into Engineering! A lot of unis might have a higher requirement for maths, though, so you may need to retake - talk to your school when they go back. They'll be able to advise you! Might be the case that you have to retake maths and then take some new Highers with that!

Original post by lisa1996
if it doesnt say a result does it mean you failed
because my ah chemistry isnt there

Is this on your e-mail, or on your certificate?
Thank you both :smile:

I'm doing highers in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, Business and Spanish in the coming academic year.
Omg! I am unbelievably happy right now. Needed BCC for my insurance choice of social work which is what I got, but I went onto UCAS track and turns out I've been accepted for my firm choice for occupational therapy! Must not have been too far off from a BBC, or perhaps they just really liked me at the interview back in march? Either way, I'm over the moon :biggrin:! Hope everyone feels as happy as I am today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you both :smile:

I'm doing highers in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, Business and Spanish in the coming academic year.

I hope they go they as well as these did :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending