The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
As long as you didn't need maths for anything, it won't matter :smile: At least you know there's nothing you did wrong and it's not your fault :yes:

I got a B in higher maths (1 mark off an A) so I guess I'll just use that and pretend like I never did AH :wink:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Hey mate, definitely still possible to get into Engineering! A lot of unis might have a higher requirement for maths, though, so you may need to retake - talk to your school when they go back. They'll be able to advise you! Might be the case that you have to retake maths and then take some new Highers with that!

Is this on your e-mail, or on your certificate?

on my certificate
Original post by faithmmm
Omg! I am unbelievably happy right now. Needed BCC for my insurance choice of social work which is what I got, but I went onto UCAS track and turns out I've been accepted for my firm choice for occupational therapy! Must not have been too far off from a BBC, or perhaps they just really liked me at the interview back in march? Either way, I'm over the moon :biggrin:! Hope everyone feels as happy as I am today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for those results! That's really great, you must be so happy!
It isn't always on the grades but also on yourself!

Congratulations are definitely in order!
I hope they go they as well as these did :yep:

Thank you, already being back at school and starting them in the month before holidays allowed me to realise how much more challenging and less room for slacking off there is when doing highers.
Anyone do ocr maths not MEI ?
History OCR civil rights ?
Or AQA law ?
Original post by lisa1996
on my certificate

Check the cover letter - if you failed chemistry, it'll be there at the bottom, in a section for the "no awards". Do you see it?
Original post by Ferrari94
Anyone do ocr maths not MEI ?
History OCR civil rights ?
Or AQA law ?

Wrong results day. :giggle:
Omg! I am unbelievably happy right now. Needed BCC for my insurance choice of social work which is what I got, but I went onto UCAS track and turns out I've been accepted for my firm choice for occupational therapy! Must not have been too far off from a BBC, or perhaps they just really liked me at the interview back in march? Either way, I'm over the moon :biggrin:! Hope everyone feels as happy as I am today

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo:! Congratulations, that's super news. :smile: :smile: Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great news, well done!!! :woo:
on my certificate

If you failed it should say something on the cover letter
Went to bed at about 2:30 for the sake of my body clock, and it turned out to be a good choice as the email turned up at 04:54.

Hope everyone is happy with their results - just going to start flicking throgh the thread to see how awesome you TSR folk are. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by koolkate
I got a B in higher maths (1 mark off an A) so I guess I'll just use that and pretend like I never did AH :wink:

Haha, great plan! :biggrin:
Check the cover letter - if you failed chemistry, it'll be there at the bottom, in a section for the "no awards". Do you see it?

Wrong results day. :giggle:

it doesnt say no award anywhere
Haha, great plan! :biggrin:

what did you get?
Advanced Music - A
Advanced French - B
Advanced Spanish - C

At least it sounds cool to say!
Reply 1854
Original post by mobbsy91
You will need to wait for 9 for UCAS to confirm/deny your place at your firm and your insurance. If they are both denied, you can go into clearing - only available for some Scottish unis today, and the rest on the 14th. For any scottish unis you might get an offer from today, you wont be able to input into UCAS until 2.30pm.

The full Clearing Guide is here

thanks!! Though Ive just logged onto UCAS and there has been no change in the application like it still stays my firm is UCL and insurance is St Andrews and there have been no updates since march (when i received offers from them) I assume UCL haven't received my results yet???
it doesnt say no award anywhere

That's really weird - your AH Chemistry should definitely be there! Did you sit NABs for it (then the units from Chemistry should be on your certificate); did you sit an exam (would be with the rest of your results if you got at least a D).

Original post by rajae
thanks!! Though Ive just logged onto UCAS and there has been no change in the application like it still stays my firm is UCL and insurance is St Andrews and there have been no updates since march (when i received offers from them) I assume UCL haven't received my results yet???

Your best option is waiting a little bit until say 10:00 to see if there's any update, then call up UCL! They should have received all your results, but there's a small possibility of an error. The other option is that even though you missed your conditions, they may be deciding whether or not they want to take you anyway! So definitely phone up, ask what's going on, and if they're deciding, you can plead your case. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by koolkate
what did you get?

I'm not actually getting results, I'm just on the support team to help out with everyone who is :smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
Sorry about that mate - it's worth waiting until 9 however, as there is a chance the uni has accepted and you wont know until track opens at 9! Then, if you want to think about clearing, some Scottish unis will open it today, the rest on the 14th with results - Bear in mind you wont be able to input any clearing places on UCAS until after 2.30pm

Clearing guide here

Omg! Aberdeen Uni still accepted me even though I missed their condition by one grade! Super happy right now :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really weird - your AH Chemistry should definitely be there! Did you sit NABs for it (then the units from Chemistry should be on your certificate); did you sit an exam (would be with the rest of your results if you got at least a D).

Your best option is waiting a little bit until say 10:00 to see if there's any update, then call up UCL! They should have received all your results, but there's a small possibility of an error. The other option is that even though you missed your conditions, they may be deciding whether or not they want to take you anyway! So definitely phone up, ask what's going on, and if they're deciding, you can plead your case. :wink:

i sat all the nabs and i sat the exam but its not there :frown:
Original post by graciereid
Advanced Music - A
Advanced French - B
Advanced Spanish - C

At least it sounds cool to say!

They're still awesome grades, well done!! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending