The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Koyo
I was predicted BAAB.... I actually got CBBB :/ I already have an unconditional for The University of Edinburgh but I'm still really disappointed to have dropped grades from my prelims >.<

You're already off to uni, so what that means is your school grades no longer matter. :tongue: I guarantee you won't care in the slightest in a couple of years!
Original post by Davfrescoo
I've looked at strathclyde and glasgow's business and engineering and minimum entry requirements are all either AABBB or AAABB.. It's really getting me down

Glasgow's Engineering website:

"Applicants who achieve less than AAAB or AABBB in S5 but have achieved at least ABBB (including Maths) MAY receive an offer based on S6 results. A decision will be made in March 2015 once all applications have been reviewed."

There is still a good chance you could get an offer, but it would be conditional on your results in S6. Remember there will be plenty of other universities that would most definitely consider you with those grades.
(edited 9 years ago)
Will I have to phone the school for investigation results? I'm a bit reluctant to - perhaps I could just wait till I get to university since they should have a record of them.
Original post by RD208
Will I have to phone the school for investigation results? I'm a bit reluctant to - perhaps I could just wait till I get to university since they should have a record of them.

There's no harm in trying :yes:
SAE Institute Glasgow would like to announce that we DO have a few last remaining places in Clearing!

We have 4 places on our BA/BSc Audio Production course
We also have 5 places remaining on our BA/BSc Digital Film Making

please call 03330 112 315 or visit our website and click on "clearing 2014" to find out more...
Is AAACC equivalent to AAAB? The uni is asking for AAAB in one sitting if you did 4 subjects, but I did 5 and got AAACC in one sitting is it the same?
I Got a C in both Higher Chemistry And Biology
if i do advance higher in them both in sixth year as in my school your are allowed to sit the subject if you get a C or above.
And if I get an A in both Advance Higher Chemistry And Advance Higher Biology will my results from fifth be basically erased or will university still look at them.
Original post by rajae
thanks!! Though Ive just logged onto UCAS and there has been no change in the application like it still stays my firm is UCL and insurance is St Andrews and there have been no updates since march (when i received offers from them) I assume UCL haven't received my results yet???

Sorry I was away for a bit - if you haven't received a UF/Accepted or Denied in UCAS, then you should ring the uni in question and speak to them directly!
Original post by hope456
Is AAACC equivalent to AAAB? The uni is asking for AAAB in one sitting if you did 4 subjects, but I did 5 and got AAACC in one sitting is it the same?

It doesn't matter how many subjects you do, you still need one B (or higher) unfortunately. However, if you talk to them, they might still be willing to accept you :yes:. Check what it says on your Track, or phone them :smile:
Original post by RD208
Will I have to phone the school for investigation results? I'm a bit reluctant to - perhaps I could just wait till I get to university since they
should have a record of them.

Yeah, unfortunately phoning (or going down in person) is the only way to find out, haha!
Unis won't have your investigation results. :no: They don't get sent everything!

Original post by hope456

It depends. Generally, no. You'd have to get at least AAABC to qualify for AAAB, but some universities will still accept AAACC. The only way to find out for sure is if you get in touch with that uni themselves!
Original post by Airess3
Omg! Aberdeen Uni still accepted me even though I missed their condition by one grade! Super happy right now :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about the delay, but I'm really happy for you!!! Told you its worth checking!!!
Congratulations!!!
Original post by RD208

No one gives a **** about marks :tongue: It's your choice if you want to find out though and you would need to contact the school.
Grade Boundaries, if anyone's interested:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Grade_Boundaries_2014.xls
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yeah, unfortunately phoning (or going down in person) is the only way to find out, haha!
Unis won't have your investigation results. :no: They don't get sent everything!

Ah ok. I mean I can phone up I did it last year but its just er... awkward.

You're at Edinburgh, right? Is it just the grades they will have a record of?

My offer was unconditional but I haven't received a welcome pack yet and I'm not sure if I should have. I think I'll get in touch with them anyway just to make sure I've not missed anything.
Original post by SHD7726
I Got a C in both Higher Chemistry And Biology
if i do advance higher in them both in sixth year as in my school your are allowed to sit the subject if you get a C or above.
And if I get an A in both Advance Higher Chemistry And Advance Higher Biology will my results from fifth be basically erased or will university still look at them.

Unfortunately, universities will still look at them, especially for medicine. :sadnod:

Original post by RD208
Ah ok. I mean I can phone up I did it last year but its just er... awkward.

You're at Edinburgh, right? Is it just the grades they will have a record of?

My offer was unconditional but I haven't received a welcome pack yet and I'm not sure if I should have. I think I'll get in touch with them anyway just to make sure I've not missed anything.

Think they might be sending out welcome packs in the next week or so (they won't send them out until after results day! Maybe even until after A-level results day on the 14th), but no harm at all in e-mailing! Yeah, I'm at Edinburgh (da coolest uni in Scotland :cool:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh my...

AH Maths

A1 - 76
A2 - 66
B - 54
C - 43
D - 37

Very low, although not entirely surprising.
Woop! Even though I missed my conditional slightly I still got in to Aberdeen to study politics!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Over da moon.
Original post by RD208
Oh my...

AH Maths

A1 - 76
A2 - 66
B - 54
C - 43
D - 37

Very low, although not entirely surprising.

Pretty standard for AH maths
Original post by NinetyOne
Woop! Even though I missed my conditional slightly I still got in to Aberdeen to study politics!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Over da moon.

Congratulations! Go and celebrate! :biggrin: :biggrin: :party:
Original post by NinetyOne

Congrats! That's amazing. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending