The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinetyOne
Woop! Even though I missed my conditional slightly I still got in to Aberdeen to study politics!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Over da moon.

[scrollr]:woo:[/scrollr]
[scroll]:woo:[/scroll]
[scrollr]:woo:[/scrollr]
[scroll]:woo:[/scroll]

CONGRATS!

Celebration plans?
Original post by scotland101
got my results and really happy

advanced higher history: B
higher business management: A
higher computing: B
higher maths: B

Well done, they're really good results :congrats:

What are your plans for next year?

If this is still showing as 2013 for anyone, go to the settings for your internet browser and clear your cache/cookies. Should work then. :smile:

Original post by Adykonvict1
Help!!!!! In a dilemma . I never met my conditions for university and to make things worse I applied to college late( I am on a waiting list) I don't want to waste my year doing nothing. Anyone?

Tricky situation you've gotten in, mate! Definitely consider Clearing to see if there are any courses that appeal to you there. Only other thing is waiting for the college to get back to you, and if not, apply again next year!

Don't think of it as a waste of a year if you take time out of education. It definitely isn't. It's time to save up and grow as a person - there's more to life than education. :smile:
Original post by NinetyOne
Woop! Even though I missed my conditional slightly I still got in to Aberdeen to study politics!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Over da moon.

congratulations
Original post by MathsNerd1
Congratulations!! :biggrin: So what's the next step for you? :smile:

Original post by Gingerbread101
Well done, they're really good results :congrats:

What are your plans for next year?

Thank you! Going to study International Business Management at Robert Gordon University
If i do biomedical science which requires ABBB from S5-S6 do i still have a chance of getting in if i got in fifth year CCCCC and in sixth I Get A's in 2 advance Higher And 2 A Higher ?
Reply 1926
I got my results, I'm kind of disappointed : (
Original post by scotland101
Thank you! Going to study International Business Management at Robert Gordon University

Very nice, hope you have a great time! :biggrin: Now go and celebrate :party:
Original post by SHD7726
If i do biomedical science which requires ABBB from S5-S6 do i still have a chance of getting in if i got in fifth year CCCCC and in sixth I Get A's in 2 advance Higher And 2 A Higher ?

Honestly not sure, mate, some unis will accept AH grades in lieu of Higher grades, but some won't.
Your 2 A Highers would be fine, but it's the AHs that's the problem. Best talking to your advisor at school and universities themselves.

Remember you don't need to do biomedical science to so Graduate-Entry Medicine: other courses are fine as well. :smile:

There's also the fact that taking 2 Advanced Highers with 2 Highers might be risky given the high workload compared to what you'll have done in S5!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wishli

I'm sure you still did ok, but sorry you didn't get what you wanted :console:
Is it going to affect your plans for next year?
Original post by SHD7726

Don't worry too much about advanced highers they aren't a prerequisite for entry to Scottish Universities, they mostly use highers as entry requirements
Hey this is for anyone at Edinburgh or knows about it. I know the entry requirements say ABBB but I know this is probably unrealistic so what are my real chances with 5As and a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Delenelie
I failed to meet my conditions (C at AH and B at Higher). I've got D at AH (total shock, I expected a B) and a C at higher. They didn't accept me, but the course I've applied to is in clearing. Can I still phone them up or would it be pointless and I should look at another course?

My grandfather died in September and it did affect my grades. Should I mention it?

Really sorry to hear about your grades, and your granddad! If the course is in Clearing, there's no harm in asking them if they'll take you anyway (phone now), but it's unlikely given that they've effectively already said "no".

You can definitely still look at other courses in Clearing, and it's not the end of the road for you. Presumably you still have some good S5 grades to fall back on. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Passwords
Hey this is for anyone at Edinburgh or knows about it. I know the entry requirements say ABBB but I know this is probably unrealistic so what are my real chances with 5As and a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty high, man. AAAAAB far exceeds the entry requirements and what the typical offer would be. As long as you've got all the subjects they want, you're good to go, mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wishli

Hey buddy - what subjects were they in and at what level? I'm sure its alright and there's always something you can do to sort them out! If you let us know that info, we can advise you on how to go forward!
Original post by Delenelie
I failed to meet my conditions (C at AH and B at Higher). I've got D at AH (total shock, I expected a B) and a C at higher. They didn't accept me, but the course I've applied to is in clearing. Can I still phone them up or would it be pointless and I should look at another course?

My grandfather died in September and it did affect my grades. Should I mention it?

First of all I'm sorry to hear you didn't meet your offer :console: And sadly I think if they didn't accept you then even though they're in clearing it'll probably be the case they probably won't accept you :frown: I would suggest you look into other courses that are available in clearing. What is it that you want to study? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Pretty high, man. AAAAAB far exceeds the entry requirements and what the typical offer would be. As long as you've got all the subjects they want, you're good to go, mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo so happy. Thanks a lot:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus Christ the boundaries for AH physics were high! 85% for an A?
I'm just impressed that I got over 73%, might be a B but it's a decent mark and still an improvement on my prelim.
Reply 1938
It's extremely stupid for me to be upset about this since most people would be happy with what I got, but here goes:

A in Higher English
A in Higher Bio
B in Higher Art
B in Modern Studies

I'm just so disappointed at the Bs, the last thing I expected was a B in art since it's my strongest subject next to biology and what I want to do when I'm older. I want to do Advanced Higher Art but I'm so scared I won't be allowed into the course now, I know I have the ability to do it but the written exam really let me down. An A in English was a nice surprise at least.

I dunno, I'm just upset because I've went from 6 As and two 1s in Int 2/Credit last year to this.
Really pleased with my results
All highers

Accounting - A
Biology - A
Computing - A
Maths - A
Physics - B (Got a B in prelim, so its still good)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending