The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Uni Accommodation 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chrishkw
Hey guys, quick question. I'll be transferring to Northumbria for my second year degree, and UCAS still says i'm holding a conditional offer. However, I already received my accommodation offer just yesterday for Liberty Quay. This is somewhat worrying as I'm scared they won't give me the unconditional offer after I've paid the deposit. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hey, what are you studying? I'm transferring for my second year too! I didn't apply for Liberty Quay though
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by abs-the-orange
Hey, what are you studying? I'm transferring for my second year too! I didn't apply for Liberty Quay though

Law student (: and yourself?
Law student (: and yourself?

I'm studying Accounting so we're in the same building :smile:
Reply 143
Any one in manor bank flat 119?
Original post by BillyPick
Holy s**t balls, I feel like 2 weeks difference of time probably results in a huge number of allocations being flooded out to people...And not me :/

Hi, have you had your accommodation offer yet? We allocate in date order, starting with people who applied in January. We can start to look at your application once you've gone to Unconditional. Don't worry, it's not the case that all the accommodation goes to people already with their results, it's about the date that people apply.

Please let me know if we can help,

Jill
Original post by BillyPick
I got accepted into Uni already due to me taking BTEC at college, thus I got an unconditional offer subsequently around end of June, yet still no accommodation allocations?

I'm in the same boat as you, email says should receive an offer by tomorrow :/ fingers crossed its my first choice (new bridge street) as I applied on News Years Eve!
Original post by NU Accommodation
Hi, have you had your accommodation offer yet? We allocate in date order, starting with people who applied in January. We can start to look at your application once you've gone to Unconditional. Don't worry, it's not the case that all the accommodation goes to people already with their results, it's about the date that people apply.

Please let me know if we can help,

Jill

I applied for accommodation in march, which is what has caused me to worry about accommodation that had gone to people that I know applied much much later on than when I did.
I got my accommodation offer through today, been placed in Lovaine Flats. Would anybody be interested in a swap? Would prefer something en-suite?
I'm in liberty quay flat 11
Original post by Julesxx
If you don't mind me asking what room you were allocated? :smile: I've only found one other person total, who's in liberty quay, and they're in another flay. So im looking for possible flatmates!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey what room have you been allocated I have the same problem can't seem to find anyone staying in liberty quay
Reply 150
Original post by Rachellouise94
Hey what room have you been allocated I have the same problem can't seem to find anyone staying in liberty quay

Hiya! Im in 62! I've met a few other but none in flat 11. Im looking for other people as well, but hopefully well know some after alevel results!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Hey guys, says I've been allocated room (054.1)... Any idea what that means?
Reply 152
Hey guys, says I've been allocated room (054.1)... Any idea what that means?

Flat 54 room 1! Well im guessing your at least in my block! :P yay closest person I've found so far! :smile:

Original post by Julesxx
Flat 54 room 1! Well im guessing your at least in my block! :P yay closest person I've found so far! :smile:

hahah yeah! wonder how full liberty quay's gonna be though!
Anyone in Manor Bank flat 67?
Reply 155
hahah yeah! wonder how full liberty quay's gonna be though!

all en suites are full so your flat will be full, there will be no empty rooms from what I've heard. I've actually conversed with about 10 others in liberty quay on the Facebook page but no one has the same rroom, which I find a bit odd.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Julesxx
all en suites are full so your flat will be full, there will be no empty rooms from what I've heard. I've actually conversed with about 10 others in liberty quay on the Facebook page but no one has the same rroom, which I find a bit odd.

Wait, d'you mean nobody has the same room or flat? O.O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Wait, d'you mean nobody has the same room or flat? O.O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha what im trying to say is out of everyone who I've spoken to whos gotten allocated to liberty quay, no one has found any flat mates. You would think one of us would be roomed together. But none of us have found anyone were living with, so far we've all been allocated different flats!

Original post by Julesxx
Haha what im trying to say is out of everyone who I've spoken to whos gotten allocated to liberty quay, no one has found any flat mates. You would think one of us would be roomed together. But none of us have found anyone were living with, so far we've all been allocated different flats!

OHH I see! Haha well in that case I guess it means there's just a hell lotta flats then :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
OHH I see! Haha well in that case I guess it means there's just a hell lotta flats then :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've read its the largest accommodation Northumbria has :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending