The Student Room Group

Energy question

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You could do an electrical engineering degree but do your dissertation/ project in the energy field... Then you have the basis of electrical engineering degree and something to talk to employers about when it comes to the project..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
You will get mixed advices for everything in life, from choice of laptop to what to eat for dinner to whether smoking is a good idea or not.

When all advices have been given, it's up to you to evaluate each and make your own decision. No one can help you with that.

Do you think all advices are right? Can't one tell from experience the wrong ones from the right ones?If not, I'm gonna choose.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adh5643
You could do an electrical engineering degree but do your dissertation/ project in the energy field... Then you have the basis of electrical engineering degree and something to talk to employers about when it comes to the project..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it mandatory to do a project/dissertation at the end of uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geneticist
What about dark energy? :smile:

Wow what's that?Is it like dark magic 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by energypassion9
Do you think all advices are right? Can't one tell from experience the wrong ones from the right ones?If not, I'm gonna choose.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem is for someone to be able to tell, they would need to have studied all those options.

As far as I know, no one has done that.

So people can only recommend based on their experience (for example, I am an electrical engineer, so I have vastly more knowledge about EE than ME). Is my recommendation better than people recommending ME? I don't know. I have never studied ME, and I don't imagine people who studied ME also studied EE.

I'm sure all the suggestions have some merit. You'll have to do some more research and reading on your own, and make your own decision.
Wow what's that?Is it like dark magic 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

68% of the universe is composed of it and we literally know nothing about it.Empty space is NOT empty.It is thought that dark energy is responsible for the expansion of the universe(or universes) and provides repulsion.I'd recommend you to watch any lecture given by Lawrence Krauss on Youtube or read his book "A Universe from Nothing"

Now go and do physics, engineers are losers :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, what country are you from?
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
The problem is for someone to be able to tell, they would need to have studied all those options.

As far as I know, no one has done that.

So people can only recommend based on their experience (for example, I am an electrical engineer, so I have vastly more knowledge about EE than ME). Is my recommendation better than people recommending ME? I don't know. I have never studied ME, and I don't imagine people who studied ME also studied EE.

I'm sure all the suggestions have some merit. You'll have to do some more research and reading on your own, and make your own decision.

Thanks, very good advice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geneticist
68% of the universe is composed of it and we literally know nothing about it.Empty space is NOT empty.It is thought that dark energy is responsible for the expansion of the universe(or universes) and provides repulsion.I'd recommend you to watch any lecture given by Lawrence Krauss on Youtube or read his book "A Universe from Nothing"

Now go and do physics, engineers are losers :smile:

HAHAHAHA surreee okay i will XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adh5643
Wait, what country are you from?

Unfortunately,from Lebanon;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the UK it's very common to do either/both an individual project or/and group project. At my uni you do both.
Original post by ahpadt
In the UK it's very common to do either/both an individual project or/and group project. At my uni you do both.

So should I do ME or EE followed by energy or it doesn't matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
So should I do ME or EE followed by energy or it doesn't matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would do EE. You'll get a better understanding about for example induction or synchronous machines than an ME would, which are used everywhere.
Original post by ahpadt
I would do EE. You'll get a better understanding about for example induction or synchronous machines than an ME would, which are used everywhere.

So in conclusion EE is more related to energy than ME?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
So in conclusion EE is more related to energy than ME?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion it is.
Reply 35
Original post by ahpadt
In my opinion it is.

just to make things more interesting, in that aspect (of the function of induction and synchronous machines) yes EE is probably better but..

in terms of the processes in the actual energy plant and machinery then mechanical engineering is hugely relevant and better in that aspect :wink:
Are you seriously serious.. I was going for EE annnnnnnnd I'm lost again XD
Someone please help:/ This is going forever..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Are you seriously serious.. I was going for EE annnnnnnnd I'm lost again XD
Someone please help:/ This is going forever..

Posted from TSR Mobile

look its simple..

What do you want to do as a career? Is it going to be electrical related?

Do you like electronics,power generation,electrical energy,electronics,networks etc?

If the answer to all those is yes then you have your answer do EE.
Original post by a10
look its simple..

What do you want to do as a career? Is it going to be electrical related?

Do you like electronics,power generation,electrical energy,electronics,networks etc?

If the answer to all those is yes then you have your answer do EE.

Out of those you mentioned I only like power generation:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Out of those you mentioned I only like power generation:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

then don't do EEE if that's the only thing you like.

Quick Reply