The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobbsy91
Awesome mate - congratulations!!! What are you going onto now then? Advanced Highers or uni?

I'm going into 6th year
I am doing maths, accounting, physics at AH and H Bus Man.

Planning to study Accountancy at Uni when I leave school.

Should I drop AH physics(considering I got a B) for AH biology or computing?
Original post by hollieeilloh
Wow, both amazing achievements - but especially the A at AH Maths! I'm slightly jealous. :tongue: Well doneeeee, go celebrate!

Original post by 8472
Well done. :smile: what next for you? Are you going to celebrate?

Thank you both! And I'm off to Maths!

Don't know about celebrating yet, I'm probably going to spend all day on my xbox because it's like my only day off work this week :lol:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Not on the SQA website yet. :no:

:frown: I really want to check it
Hey guys, it's been awesome seeing so many of you really well :smile: We've got a results celebration thread, and we'd like you all to share your celebration plans! :party:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1984
Original post by CSM1996

Don't know about celebrating yet, I'm probably going to spend all day on my xbox because it's like my only day off work this week :lol:

:laugh: where will you be studying?
Original post by CSM1996

Maths is by far the best course out there, great choice!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Larissa14
Help?
i did a nat 4 which came up my certificate but it doesn't say if I passed or failed. I know I passed though cause the teacher told me?
Should I go and contact the school or the sqa?

Since Nat 4s are internally assessed, and you've been told you've passed, then you've passed! Since they're only pass/fail, it probably isn't going to come up with "pass", since it wouldn't be there if you failed!

No need to contact the school or the SQA, there's nothing urgent here. Can talk with your teachers if you're still confused when you go back. :smile:

Original post by Daiki_Aomine
I'm going into 6th year

Great subjects. :biggrin: Accountancy and Finance is becoming a very popular subject area. Our very own hollieeilloh is doing one of those courses at uni. :biggrin:

No need to drop AH physics if you enjoy it just because you got a B, you're still perfectly able of achieving at AH. However, if you don't enjoy physics, there's no harm in dropping it for another subject.

Original post by MathsNerd1

Sorry, I think you misspelled medicine. :teehee:
Congratulations everyone :hugs: it's lovely to see so many people happy! :biggrin: must be such a relief :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 8472
:laugh: where will you be studying?

Glasgow! I decided to stay local rather than moving away to St Andrews because I couldn't really justify going into so much debt where the courses weren't that much different.

Thank you, I presume you do/done the same course then :tongue:
Original post by CSM1996

Awesome course, sure you'll love it. Hahaha you deserve the chill time, have fun. :redface:
Original post by CSM1996
Glasgow! I decided to stay local rather than moving away to St Andrews because I couldn't really justify going into so much debt where the courses weren't that much different.

In spite of his username, his real passion is the humanities. :ninja:

I'm pretty sure I spelt Maths, cause it's clearly better than medicine :tongue:
Original post by CSM1996

I've just finished my first year at Nottingham, so yeah, it's a great subject! :biggrin:
In spite of his username, his real passion is the humanities. :ninja:

o...well that's a bit awkward :colondollar:
I'm pretty sure I spelt Maths, cause it's clearly better than medicine :tongue:

I've just finished my first year at Nottingham, so yeah, it's a great subject! :biggrin:

Sorry? "Physics" are you trying to say? :confused: :colone:
Original post by CSM1996
o...well that's a bit awkward :colondollar:

I think he was being sarcastic. :wink:
Sorry? "Physics" are you trying to say? :confused: :colone:

You're a funny one! :tongue:
last year I got:
H maths - B
H business - B
H chemistry - C
H physics - C
H english - D
this year I got:
H chemistry - A
H biology - A
H computing - B
H english - C
The entry requirement for the uni I want to go to after my gap year is AABB, so I was wondering if there is any chance of me getting in or should I just apply to unis with lower entry requirement?
Original post by Daiki_Aomine
I'm going into 6th year

Oohhh, nice subject choices. Accounting is a great subject to study, if you have any questions feel free to ask in the future. I'd suggest studying what you enjoy more! :colone:
Since Nat 4s are internally assessed, and you've been told you've passed, then you've passed! Since they're only pass/fail, it probably isn't going to come up with "pass", since it wouldn't be there if you failed!

No need to contact the school or the SQA, there's nothing urgent here. Can talk with your teachers if you're still confused when you go back. :smile:

Great subjects. :biggrin: Accountancy and Finance is becoming a very popular subject area. Our very own hollieeilloh is doing one of those courses at uni. :biggrin:

No need to drop AH physics if you enjoy it just because you got a B, you're still perfectly able of achieving at AH. However, if you don't enjoy physics, there's no harm in dropping it for another subject.

It's just because other people have pass or fail on their certificates . :colondollar: But I won't worry about it :smile:
Reply 1999
AAA at advanced higher and I passed my driving test :smile:, fairly chuffed..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending