The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nECS
AAA at advanced higher and I passed my driving test :smile:, fairly chuffed..

Congratulationssss for both! That's amazing. You definitely need to celebrate now, no questions asked.

:party: :party: :party:
Original post by Larissa14
It's just because other people have pass or fail on their certificates . :colondollar: But I won't worry about it :smile:

Things you failed don't come up on your certificate - if it's there, you passed it!
Reply 2002
Original post by nECS

Awesome job :biggrin:. Are you going to be celebrating in any way?
Original post by koolkate
last year I got:
H maths - B
H business - B
H chemistry - C
H physics - C
H english - D
this year I got:
H chemistry - A
H biology - A
H computing - B
H english - C
The entry requirement for the uni I want to go to after my gap year is AABB, so I was wondering if there is any chance of me getting in or should I just apply to unis with lower entry requirement?

Definitely in with a chance, so there's no harm in applying! Remember you've got 5 choices on UCAS, so can afford to take a few risks!

It's just because other people have pass or fail on their certificates . :colondollar: But I won't worry about it :smile:

Yeah, it's not worth worrying about. Nothing urgent! Just bring it up when you go back, and if there's been a mistake, your school will get it fixed. :smile:
Enjoy the rest of your summer! (so little left :eek:)
I got a D in my higher maths in 2013 and a B in higher maths in 2014 but it shows both of them on the certificate, is it supposed to or is it a mistake?
Original post by Asklepios
Things you failed don't come up on your certificate - if it's there, you passed it!

Wow , I didn't know that. Isn't that a bit harsh . But I'm happy :biggrin:
Original post by scotland101
I got a D in my higher maths in 2013 and a B in higher maths in 2014 but it shows both of them on the certificate, is it supposed to or is it a mistake?

Yeah, it'll show both. The qualification from 2013, and the qualification from 2014. Kind of like if I did the same degree twice, I'd have both degrees at the end. :tongue:
Original post by nECS

That's fantastic, congratulations!!! :biggrin: Go and celebrate now :party:
Original post by nECS

Congrats! where are you heading off to uni-wise?
Reply 2009
Original post by hollieeilloh
Congratulationssss for both! That's amazing. You definitely need to celebrate now, no questions asked.

:party: :party: :party:

Original post by 8472
Awesome job :biggrin:. Are you going to be celebrating in any way?

Definitely celebrating :smile:, not 18 yet but there will definitely be alcohol involved :P
Reply 2010
Original post by Asklepios
Congrats! where are you heading off to uni-wise?

Physics at St Andrews, just got my halls - can't wait!
Is it just me or does the pass rate for national 5's seem really low. Only 81% passed ? There is hardly anyone that got all As in nat 5 this year compared to how many people got all 1s in the SGs last year ?:confused:
Reply 2012
Original post by nECS
Definitely celebrating :smile:, not 18 yet but there will definitely be alcohol involved :P

Well I hope you really enjoy yourself. :smile:
Wow , I didn't know that. Isn't that a bit harsh . But I'm happy :biggrin:

Not really, your certificate isn't a statement of results but rather a document detailing your qualifications. If you fail a course, then you've not achieved the qualification, so why should it show up? :tongue:
Original post by hollieeilloh
I think he was being sarcastic. :wink:

o...well that's even more awkward :colondollar:
Got 4As and a B in Chemistry, a bit disappointed as it means I will need to almost definitely do a gap year as I doubt any units will accept me with for medicine with those results but still happy !
Congratulations everyone on your incredible results! :smile:
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Got 4As and a B in Chemistry, a bit disappointed as it means I will need to almost definitely do a gap year as I doubt any units will accept me with for medicine with those results but still happy !

AAAAB is more than good enough for medicine, just have to do well in the other parts of your application and apply smart! :smile:
Got my results chuffed with them! Except a little shocked about one of them.

Higher Accounting: A
Higher Business Management: A
Higher English: A
Higher Maths: A
Higher Physics: C

Pretty gutted for the Physics, I found the paper to be monstrously hard but I expected a B. I got an A in the prelim. Does anyone know if I can appeal it and the chances of that going well?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ThatGuyWhoWrites
Got my results chuffed with them! Except a little shocked about one of them.

Higher Accounting: A
Higher Business Management: A
Higher English: A
Higher Maths: A
Higher Physics: C

Pretty gutted for the Physics, I found the paper to be monstrously hard but I expected a B. I got an A in the prelim. Does anyone know if I can appeal it and the changes of that going well?

Afraid you can't appeal your grade - this system has been scrapped this year, and has been replaced by the results service! Hopefully that thread should answer all your questions. :smile:

I wouldn't worry about the C, mate. The 4 As are fantastic results and the C isn't going to come back and bite you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending