The Student Room Group

Lonely and just too shy

Hi. i just always feel like im to shy to make news friends anybody got any help im quite lonely some friends but i always feel isolated at work im just too shy to talk

Scroll to see replies

:console:

I feel your pain :sigh:
I used to be shyer than I am today - you just need to work on it, and make sure that becoming more confident is a long term goal that you're willing to stick to and to gradually keep on developing; as for myself at the moment, university (just an example) really caused me to obtain a "don't give a ****" attitude with regards to social situations - but of course, that's not always going to make you get more genuine friends (e.g. best friends) because from my experience that's all a matter of compatibility and your ability to laugh to them as much as they laugh to you
Nah you'll find yourself getting used to it over time, my "best friends" are now my laptop and phone
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian

its horrible :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
Nah you'll find yourself getting used to it over time, my "best friends" are now my laptop and phone

Want to pm me?:smile:
Reply 6
I'm lonely too! But that doesn't mean that I have to be depressed about it, including you. Just be patient. Finding good friends is hard and it takes a lot of time.
Being shy is a problem too. I'm also shy in real life. Try not to look down, head up straight in front with your shoulders straight. That will increase your confidence. Don't be scared when talking to them. Just say Hi and smile. :smile:
We can talk if you want to.
Reply 7
Original post by Alisa59
I'm lonely too! But that doesn't mean that I have to be depressed about it, including you. Just be patient. Finding good friends is hard and it takes a lot of time.
Being shy is a problem too. I'm also shy in real life. Try not to look down, head up straight in front with your shoulders straight. That will increase your confidence. Don't be scared when talking to them. Just say Hi and smile. :smile:
We can talk if you want to.

Thanks for advise and yeh i would like to talk :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by RYAN1872
Thanks for advise and yeh i would like to talk :smile:

Awesome :biggrin:
Reply 9
Do things out of your comfort zone, like join a social or sports group and start from there. Eventually you'll gain some confidence :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by kkboyk
Do things out of your comfort zone, like join a social or sports group and start from there. Eventually you'll gain some confidence :tongue:

I Want to go to the gym but im scared im like really skinny and that
Reply 11
Original post by Alisa59
Awesome :biggrin:

pm me?:smile:
Reply 12
i'm shy and seen as the loner and thats why i feel like ending my life so i feel your pain. we just have to live
Reply 13
Original post by O.Ozz
i'm shy and seen as the loner and thats why i feel like ending it so i feel your pain. we just have to live

:frown::frown:
Reply 14
I Want to go to the gym but im scared im like really skinny and that

I get what you mean, I still don't go gym as I find people there intimidating unless my friends go with me which is a rare event itself. No-one will honestly care, they all started skinny as well.

You thought of nay other event?
Reply 15
Original post by kkboyk
I get what you mean, I still don't go gym as I find people there intimidating unless my friends go with me which is a rare event itself. No-one will honestly care, they all started skinny as well.

You thought of nay other event?

i live in scotland so not alot is on lol haha some of my friends dont like sports and i that i just feel quite shy if i went to gym as i would be alone
Reply 16
i live in scotland so not alot is on lol haha some of my friends dont like sports and i that i just feel quite shy if i went to gym as i would be alone

You could do what used to do: play video games and eventually meet gaming buddies. Are you going to uni? If so what year?
Reply 17
Original post by Maid Marian

But you're maid Marian :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by kkboyk
You could do what used to do: play video games and eventually meet gaming buddies. Are you going to uni? If so what year?

im doing a apprenticeship i would like uni but i think its too expensive and might not suit me
Reply 19
im doing a apprenticeship i would like uni but i think its too expensive and might not suit me

You may be eligible for extra bursaries from the government.
I'm facing the same problem, but uni is my only choice.

Quick Reply

Latest