The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

ermahgerd why do people feel the need to flaunt their results on various social media by taking a picture of their results and adding some cringe worthy caption..
I got AABCD is that okay for my 5th year results? I failed Higher English so I will have to resit that. I want to do International Business. I am annoyed that I got a B in Higher Spanish with an A in the prelim.
Reply 2042
I've not received my text or email (not sure which one I signed up for but didnt get either) and nothing in mail yet, not sure if the postman has come already or not though. Seriously freaking out right now, how long will I have to wait for the post before calling my school? A day, a week? Can I even do it during the holiday, I doubt anyone would be there. I've checked my spam folders in email too, nothing.
Reply 2043
Original post by RD208
ermahgerd why do people feel the need to flaunt their results on various social media by taking a picture of their results and adding some cringe worthy caption..

They are just happy and want to tell people. You probably do things they'd be suprised at :tongue:
Original post by monoch
I've not received my text or email (not sure which one I signed up for but didnt get either) and nothing in mail yet, not sure if the postman has come already or not though. Seriously freaking out right now, how long will I have to wait for the post before calling my school? A day, a week? Can I even do it during the holiday, I doubt anyone would be there. I've checked my spam folders in email too, nothing.

The email and text should have arrived by 9am. If the post does not arrive today - it should as it is distributed via first class - then I would suggest contacting your school ASAP.
Original post by SHD7726
Is it possible that the email results are different from the results received from the post, has that ever happend?

It's very, very rare, buddy. Your best option at the moment is talking to your teachers at school.

Original post by RD208

Because it's an important day for them and they want to share the experience with their family and friends?

Original post by Decision11
I got AABCD is that okay for my 5th year results? I failed Higher English so I will have to resit that. I want to do International Business. I am annoyed that I got a B in Higher Spanish with an A in the prelim.

Perfectly good results, perfectly fine for business. Just have to do well in 6th year as well now. Best of luck, and celebrate today. :woo:
Original post by monoch

I would imagine your school should have someone in on Results' day!

There's no reason why you shouldn't get your certificate in the mail today, provided they have the correct address.
Not quite the results I wanted - but passed them all 😃
B for H French
B for H Psychology
B for H Business
C for H Biology
C for H English

Really pleased with psychology grade as honestly thought I'd failed the class :smile:
Was annoyed with Biology as was on track for a B... Got a B in prelim & passed all the NABs first time with decent scores.
Was also annoyed with Business as had straight As throughout the year - almost full marks in NABs and Prelims so not happy with the B for that either :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 8472
They are just happy and want to tell people. You probably do things they'd be suprised at :tongue:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Because it's an important day for them and they want to share the experience with their family and friends?

Well put it this way - its not like they want to make it inconspicuous is it?
Original post by RD208

"Got my Higher results! yAAAAAs! Couldn't be happier!'' :rolleyes:
Original post by nECS
Physics at St Andrews, just got my halls - can't wait!

what hall did you get ... i'm andrew mev for maths
Reply 2051
Original post by EatAndRevise
Higher Computing: A
Higher Biology: B
Higher English: B
Higher Mathematics: B
Higher History: B

****, I am not happy.

Ohh. What were you hoping to do?
With Medicine the most important ones are Bio, Chem and Maths so I wouldn't worry too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
"Got my Higher results! yAAAAAs! Couldn't be happier!'' :rolleyes:

"Look how messy my desk is!" *results certificate placed conveniently in direct shot*
Original post by RD208
Well put it this way - its not like they want to make it inconspicuous is it?

Nope, and if someone's happy about their results and wants to show them off, that's their prerogative. Everyone gets to celebrate in their own way as long as they aren't rubbing it in anyone's faces. :smile:

****, I am not happy.

That's still really good! You've done 100x better than most people.. Like me aha XD Failed maths.. D :frown:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Nope, and if someone's happy about their results and wants to show them off, that's their prerogative. Everyone gets to celebrate in their own way as long as they aren't rubbing it in anyone's faces. :smile:

Absolutely, but do you differentiate between showing them off" and "rubbing it in anyone's face"? I dont.
Original post by 8472
Ohh. What were you hoping to do?

I'm not sure, but I was hoping for at least 3 A's.
Reply 2058
Original post by rhubarbpi
what hall did you get ... i'm andrew mev for maths

I'm in DRA, self-catered so i'm trying to expand beyond my vast array of 5 dishes haha

****, I am not happy.

:console: You still have next year to improve upon them. What are your plans? AHs? Uni plans?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending