The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, im so happy right nowwwwwwwww

:party:
You should be! Nursing is fantastic, I have some friends doing the same course at other unis and they love it! Even got an ICU nurse on the mod team! :smile:
You'll have a great time. :biggrin:
Original post by mysqa
Hey, been following progress from a distance.

Once again the TSR crowd amaze me. Great results for the most part, and a genuinely supportive community - not an easy thing to find online.

I know you've got it covered, but if there's anything specific to SQA you need to know, ask away.

I'd just like to thank the SQA for lowering the Higher English A boundary to 65%, it's probably the only reason I got an A :tongue:
Can anyone tell me if 3As a B and a C (much to my dissapointement) meets the minimum of 2As and 3Bs or does it miss the mark?
Reply 2083
Original post by Nikita10

The sqa have just ruined my life and I have literally lost all hope now.

Never give up! Some hard work + time and you'll be back on your feet.
Well of all the tweets I've seen thus far I think this one takes the bacon. :lol:

lel.jpg
Reply 2085
Original post by Samanthac
Can anyone tell me if 3As a B and a C (much to my dissapointement) meets the minimum of 2As and 3Bs or does it miss the mark?

If you applied to uni this year, what does your track says
Original post by C16
I got my results in the post 2 hours ago. I sat National 5s and I'm disappointed.

A - Art and Design
A - Computing Science
A - English
B - Maths
C - Biology
D - Chemistry

I wanted to do Higher Biology and Chemistry and that looks unlikely now as I wanted to do medicine. So I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm really incredibly happy I got an A at Computing like in the prelim. I'm confused about the A in Art as I was pretty sure I'd fail as I did horribly in the written exams and failed the prelim, my teacher didn't help me much either and focused more on the portfolio than the actual exam. I'm guessing my portfolio helped out a lot. I'm really glad about English which I didn't think I would do great in and I only barely passed the prelim. Maths I'm okay with and got an A in the prelim but the actual exam I think was harder so all in all I have no idea what to do.

I also have Higher Biology work to be done before going back to school.. I'm wondering if its worth doing if I'm not gonna get in the class now. Mmm.

Hey there, sorry to hear you're so disappointed with your results, but look on the brightside - you've got some really good grades in there! Lots to celebrate. :smile:

Wrt to medicine, I wouldn't worry too much about your grades. Good performance in 5th and 6th year can help "make up" for performances in 4th year (how awful it would be if your life was decided by decisions you made at 15 and 16, right? :tongue:). And hey, just like the advice I gave in other posts earlier...medicine isn't the be all and end all. A lot of people feel like medicine is the ONLY thing they'd enjoy in the world and it's the only thing they could EVER want to study, but that's rarely the case. As people go on they discover lots of things that they'd enjoy and would make them happy.

No reason you can't still take your Higher subjects (especially with Biology, which you still have a good grade in) - that's up to your school to decide. It's up to you talk to your teachers to see if you'd be allowed to sit the subject.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
:party:
You should be! Nursing is fantastic, I have some friends doing the same course at other unis and they love it! Even got an ICU nurse on the mod team! :smile:
You'll have a great time. :biggrin:

sounds great:smile:!!!!! ive never been this happy:colondollar:
Can anyone tell me if 3As a B and a C ( much to my dissapointment) meets the minimum requirements of 2As and 3Bs or is it below?
It depends on the uni; some would be willing to 'trade' the extra A for the missing B, but others (Edinburgh certainly used to take this line) expect you to have at least a B in all your subjects. It may also depend on which course you are interested in.

If you are planning to apply to a uni with those stated minimum requirements, you should check with them first because you don't want to waste a choice on a guaranteed rejection.
sounds great:smile:!!!!! ive never been this happy:colondollar:

And it's little messages like this that make me really happy on results day. Thank you so much!! And congratulations again!! :dance:
Have you told your friends and family yet? :tongue:
Original post by M-Dog
If you applied to uni this year, what does your track says

It's to apply for next year but I'm not sure if getting 3As and a C is equal/higher than 2As and 2Bs?
Original post by usycool1
Congrats :awesome:

Reply 2092
Hey there, sorry to hear you're so disappointed with your results, but look on the brightside - you've got some really good grades in there! Lots to celebrate. :smile:

Wrt to medicine, I wouldn't worry too much about your grades. Good performance in 5th and 6th year can help "make up" for performances in 4th year (how awful it would be if your life was decided by decisions you made at 15 and 16, right? :tongue:). And hey, just like the advice I gave in other posts earlier...medicine isn't the be all and end all. A lot of people feel like medicine is the ONLY thing they'd enjoy in the world and it's the only thing they could EVER want to study, but that's rarely the case. As people go on they discover lots of things that they'd enjoy and would make them happy.

No reason you can't still take your Higher subjects (especially with Biology, which you still have a good grade in) - that's up to your school to decide. It's up to you talk to your teachers to see if you'd be allowed to sit the subject.

Thanks yeah I do something to celebrate about. :smile: My parents kept convincing me that they were good too and that they are proud which helps. Yeah I've got a lot of options with 5th and 6th year so I'm going to be looking forward to that.

What I'm sort of nervous about is that my Biology teacher has said a few times in the past that for Higher Human Biology (which is just Higher Biology in my school I think.) that you need a High B or an A so I'm not quite sure if I'm going to be able too.

So yeah medicine isn't all there is and thanks for your help and nice words. If I don't get into Higher Biology, oh well, I at least have the good grades for my Higher Computing and maybe do something that I really do love too. :smile:
And it's little messages like this that make me really happy on results day. Thank you so much!! And congratulations again!! :dance:
Have you told your friends and family yet? :tongue:

Yeah, I really thought I hadn't got in because I never met the conditions I needed 1 B but ended up with a ton of C's! I had told my mum last night that I never got in and now she's over the moon! It says that track was updated on the 31st of July which was before the results and that was when the unconditional offer was made!! :biggrin:
Reply 2094
It's to apply for next year but I'm not sure if getting 3As and a C is equal/higher than 2As and 2Bs?

Ohh okay, I'm an A level student so I'm not familiar with this
It seems to average out, but I would contact the uni specifically and ask
Those are real good grades though, well done 😊
Everyone's doing so well!! 😁🎉 well done everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2096
Original post by Asklepios
I would imagine your school should have someone in on Results' day!

There's no reason why you shouldn't get your certificate in the mail today, provided they have the correct address.

Yeah it just came in! So happy got AAABB and took Nat 4 Maths so all is well. Especially since I failed my Physics prelim and got a B in the end.
Hi guys I felt I completed one of my exams with extreme ease and ended up with a B . Could someone please help me as to what I need to do to get my script re marked ?
Original post by Adykonvict1
Hi guys I felt I completed one of my exams with extreme ease and ended up with a B . Could someone please help me as to what I need to do to get my script re marked ?

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/65427.html
I'd read this, you could think about a clerical check or a marking review, you'd have to discuss these with your school. :smile:
Original post by C16
Thanks yeah I do something to celebrate about. :smile: My parents kept convincing me that they were good too and that they are proud which helps. Yeah I've got a lot of options with 5th and 6th year so I'm going to be looking forward to that.

What I'm sort of nervous about is that my Biology teacher has said a few times in the past that for Higher Human Biology (which is just Higher Biology in my school I think.) that you need a High B or an A so I'm not quite sure if I'm going to be able too.

So yeah medicine isn't all there is and thanks for your help and nice words. If I don't get into Higher Biology, oh well, I at least have the good grades for my Higher Computing and maybe do something that I really do love too. :smile:

Mhmm, great positive attitude you've got. :biggrin:
You're 16, you've got all the opportunity in the world ahead of you still. Best of luck. :smile:

Yeah, I really thought I hadn't got in because I never met the conditions I needed 1 B but ended up with a ton of C's! I had told my mum last night that I never got in and now she's over the moon! It says that track was updated on the 31st of July which was before the results and that was when the unconditional offer was made!! :biggrin:

Oh woooaaah! That's fantastic! So far ahead as well, they must've liked your application. :biggrin: That's amazing. Definite story for the TSR "wall of success". :tongue:

Original post by monoch
Yeah it just came in! So happy got AAABB and took Nat 4 Maths so all is well. Especially since I failed my Physics prelim and got a B in the end.

Fantastic job, mate! You must be so happy with that B in Physics. :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending