The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mddub39
Any idea when the official ones will actually go on sale? Appreciate the info btw :smile:

Not till after results days and accommodation offers are made because you buy tickets according to which halls you are in. Different halls have different nights out. I don't know if things have changed this year or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Getting increasingly nervous about results day, tell me I'm not the only one overthinking?!
Original post by neal95
Anyone here applied for LLB Law? if so what's your offer and are you confident of meeting it? I didnt apply originally but am hoping to get in through Adjustment (hopefully!!!) or clearing. think exams went better than expected so am hoping it pays off and Birmingham accept me! any societies you guys are thinking of joining?

I'll br studying Law there (hopefully) :smile:. Offers 3As or A*AB! In terms of confidence, it can go either way I think. If I'm unlucky and get AAB instead, it will all come crashing down as my insurance is AAB (Kent), not much leeway I know lol. I hope you get in! Where did you originally apply?

Society wise, the law soc or Holdsworth Club is a given, the ACS and maybe there's some sort of debating or political-geared society? I'll hopefully join the dance or ballet society too. What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1663
Original post by cjmro
Getting increasingly nervous about results day, tell me I'm not the only one overthinking?!

Everyone's in the same boat my friend
In Shaa Allah kheyr you have done well
To anyone stressing out, watch TED Talks: How to make stress your friend
It genuinely relaxed me! Worth it
Original post by M-Dog

You're so right and you too! Hope everything goes well for you!
Original post by M-Dog

I'm so shocked at the studies in that talk!! :| totally making me rethink my mindset in stressful situations. Loved the part when she was discussing the physical symptoms of anxiety and likened them to your body preparing you to take action, its actually so true like your instincts do become heightened, so amazing. Thanks for directing me towards that! What will you be studying at Birmingham if all goes well?:smile:
Reply 1666
Original post by cjmro
I'm so shocked at the studies in that talk!! :| totally making me rethink my mindset in stressful situations. Loved the part when she was discussing the physical symptoms of anxiety and likened them to your body preparing you to take action, its actually so true like your instincts do become heightened, so amazing. Thanks for directing me towards that! What will you be studying at Birmingham if all goes well?:smile:

I know right! The scientific jargon actually put everything in perspective and I actually felt a lot calmer...im still worried, but calm worried
In Shaa Allah kheyr I will be studying Policy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
HBU? WHAT did you apply for
Original post by neal95
Anyone here applied for LLB Law? if so what's your offer and are you confident of meeting it? I didnt apply originally but am hoping to get in through Adjustment (hopefully!!!) or clearing. think exams went better than expected so am hoping it pays off and Birmingham accept me! any societies you guys are thinking of joining?

I applied for LLB Law and got unconditional :smile: I'm sure that you did well for your exams, don't worry about it! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessalternative
I applied for LLB Law and got unconditional :smile: I'm sure that you did well for your exams, don't worry about it! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you take a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if Birmingham is one of the unis that send a text our results day morning saying you are in or not? I've heard a couple of unis do this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessalternative

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow congratulations! That is some achievement! Thanks for saying that it is reassuring I mean birmingham has everything; beautiful campus, great city, nightlife, football etc and is a really well respected school of law.

Do you intend to practice as a lawyer once you've done your degree? If so, in the city or high street firms? :smile:
Original post by LibbyG
Does anyone know if Birmingham is one of the unis that send a text our results day morning saying you are in or not? I've heard a couple of unis do this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1672
Original post by LibbyG

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied last year too and they didn't implement that policy- but it would be brilliant if they did
They send you a good luck email for results which I found pretty daunting
Original post by M-Dog
I know right! The scientific jargon actually put everything in perspective and I actually felt a lot calmer...im still worried, but calm worried
In Shaa Allah kheyr I will be studying Policy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
HBU? WHAT did you apply for

I feel the exact same like I just wanna know now, the wait is wayyy too long. When do sixth forms find out, is it the day before? & Ahhhh nice, I will be hopefully studying History and Political Science joint honours :smile:
Reply 1674
Original post by cjmro
I feel the exact same like I just wanna know now, the wait is wayyy too long. When do sixth forms find out, is it the day before? & Ahhhh nice, I will be hopefully studying History and Political Science joint honours :smile:

Yhh,uni find out A week before
Sixthform- well in my sixth form the head of sixth form and head teacher will find out a day before- but nobody else
Hey! If we get in we will have some political science sessions together :biggrin: and my insurance is History and Theology at Uob too!
Have you been given a reading list?
Original post by M-Dog
Yhh,uni find out A week before
Sixthform- well in my sixth form the head of sixth form and head teacher will find out a day before- but nobody else
Hey! If we get in we will have some political science sessions together :biggrin: and my insurance is History and Theology at Uob too!
Have you been given a reading list?

I'm so impatient I just have to know asap hahah wish we found out earlier. We can see on track if we've got in on results morning right?
& No way, will we?! I was looking to do History and Theology aswell before we applied hahaa crazy.

I haven't had a reading list because I originally applied for English so my AVD was for that but then I changed my course so I haven't had any information about History and Political Science except what somebody posted about which books to buy on TSR. You?
Reply 1676
Original post by cjmro
I'm so impatient I just have to know asap hahah wish we found out earlier. We can see on track if we've got in on results morning right?
& No way, will we?! I was looking to do History and Theology aswell before we applied hahaa crazy.

I haven't had a reading list because I originally applied for English so my AVD was for that but then I changed my course so I haven't had any information about History and Political Science except what somebody posted about which books to buy on TSR. You?

Yhh, track opens at 8
My school gives out results at 8, so I'm prob gna leave the house 7.45/ 7.50 and check if track has open just a bit before... Sometimes it does like 5mins early
But Il have track on my phone just in case on the way to school
Omd I'm quite impatient and I was stressing like a craazzaay woman, buy then I came across a video called 'How to make stress your friend' by TedTalks and dude I gta say it was enlightening and I actually felt a looot calmer
Me too! Last yr I applied for English lit and History at uob but I'm so glad I Narrowly missed my offer because English is just not me (not degree level anyway)
I haven't heard nothing from my course... Should be worried? Last yr with English and history they didn't give me a reading list either...i did go to this yrs AVD and nothing was given of that sort..hm?
What did they say about politics?
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Did you take a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really... I didn't take the A level examinations. I'm a Singaporean student and was doing my diploma in Business when I applied to UoB. :smile: It was my final semester so I applied to the university with my (then) existing grades and got a conditional offer. I received the unconditional offer only after I completed the final semester. x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
Wow congratulations! That is some achievement! Thanks for saying that it is reassuring I mean birmingham has everything; beautiful campus, great city, nightlife, football etc and is a really well respected school of law.

Do you intend to practice as a lawyer once you've done your degree? If so, in the city or high street firms? :smile:

Yes! Birmingham is a beautiful city, I absolutely can't wait for uni to start! :biggrin:

Yes, I intend to take the bar exams after graduating. Probably in the city, :smile: I prefer working in smaller firms. What about you? Any plans? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this is incredibly early since A-level results day is next week (and the vast majority of applicants sat the A-levels) - but has any unconditional offer holders already received their course timetable, more information about their course? Just wondering when we will get them as uni is fast approaching and so much will be going on over the next few weeks... :smile: Don't want to forget anything or miss out on something! xD
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending