The Student Room Group

Three vs EE vs O2 which's the best?

Hello guys! So, I've to choose between these 3 companies but I don't know which. I've an iPhone 5 and I use only almost internet , without making calls and texing (I use Whatsapp for that). I'd like to have unlimited 4G internet at the lowest price. I'm asking you because I'm currently in Italy and I'm moving to the UK soon. I'm going to Bristol :smile: Can you suggest me anything?

I'd also like to spend less the 20£ monthly. NO giffgaff

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

I've got an iPhone 5s and I'm currently with Three. I wouldn't really recommend Three though because I'm stuck in a £37p/m 24 month contract and their network is absolute ****. Lol, sorry, although I do get unlimited everything (minutes, data, and texts) I'm usually stuck on one bar (like now) and no one can hear me when I'm talking on the phone *sigh*. Anyway, if you already have a phone I would recommend buying a Sim only contract so you're paying for what you use, I wish I did that.

Also my friend is with O2 her connection is awful too, so I would suggest EE. I was previously with them and I experienced no issues. They're slightly more expensive but check out Sim only deals and they'll be cheaper in the long run! Try and find one with unlimited data so you won't be charged hidden fees for downloading and surfing the internet (:

Hope this helped!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by andrea1995ri
Hello guys! So, I've to choose between these 3 companies but I don't know which. I've an iPhone 5 and I use only almost internet , without making calls and texing (I use Whatsapp for that). I'd like to have unlimited 4G internet at the lowest price. I'm asking you because I'm currently in Italy and I'm moving to the UK soon. I'm going to Bristol :smile: Can you suggest me anything?

You say "these three companies" yet don't say any companies! :biggrin:

Ps what's the big no no with guff gaff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have an iPhone5 and I'm with O2. Signal is usually decent unless they're having issues or I'm at my parents house (which is in the country). I don't recommend getting a contract with them though, they've written it in their terms and conditions that they're going to put the price up with inflation every year. Its not a big increase but it's the principle that annoys me.
Reply 4
Ahhhh my bad sorry when I replied on mobile I couldn't see title when I typed my initial question about giffgaff... Sorry OP :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
3 because ****ty EE made me fork out £500 to get out of their contract.
I have this all in one 15 deal with 3, which is pretty good!
Original post by Audi
You say "these three companies" yet don't say any companies! :biggrin:

Ps what's the big no no with guff gaff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have no stores and I can't activate the SIM card until I'll be in the UK
Original post by Independentisha
Hey!

I've got an iPhone 5s and I'm currently with Three. I wouldn't really recommend Three though because I'm stuck in a £37p/m 24 month contract and their network is absolute ****. Lol, sorry, although I do get unlimited everything (minutes, data, and texts) I'm usually stuck on one bar (like now) and no one can hear me when I'm talking on the phone *sigh*. Anyway, if you already have a phone I would recommend buying a Sim only contract so you're paying for what you use, I wish I did that.

Also my friend is with O2 her connection is awful too, so I would suggest EE. I was previously with them and I experienced no issues. They're slightly more expensive but check out Sim only deals and they'll be cheaper in the long run! Try and find one with unlimited data so you won't be charged hidden fees for downloading and surfing the internet (:

Hope this helped!

Thanks, very helpful :smile:
Reply 8
Get the one with the cheapest 4G.
Original post by Gorwell
3 because ****ty EE made me fork out £500 to get out of their contract.
I have this all in one 15 deal with 3, which is pretty good!

I think I'll go with three or O2... EE is also too expensive :smile:
NOT 3, for the love of god! I'm on three and it's completely awful. I pay for minutes, texts and data each month, but half the time it refuses to connect to the 3 network so I cant actually use them. Just go with O2, it's been reliable in the past and probably still is
Original post by All-rounder
NOT 3, for the love of god! I'm on three and it's completely awful. I pay for minutes, texts and data each month, but half the time it refuses to connect to the 3 network so I cant actually use them. Just go with O2, it's been reliable in the past and probably still is

Ok thanks for the advise :smile:

Moved to Technology section for you :smile:
I think I'll go with three or O2... EE is also too expensive :smile:

It is :smile: shop around a bit for the best deal with either network! My 3 connection is a bit crappy but I never notice as my phone is constantly on wifi. :redface:
Check the network websites for the coverage.

3 has worked absolutely fine for me and it's the cheapest of the lot for 4G. EE is just too expensive. O2 is usually ok and seems to work great for others but for some reason I couldn't get signal in my own house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should enter the postcode of where you will be at in a website that does network coverage analysis before deciding.

Like many things in UK, mobile reception is very much a postcode lottery.
Reply 16
I'm on 3 but for iPhone 4S for £35 a month. I'm sure the price wasn't that much when I bought it and I could do with a cheaper contract but I can get an upgrade in October to the 5 so I might aswell not bother as I'll be paying a similar amount then.

I get unlimited internet/data though which is good. I never use all of the 5,000 texts or 500 minutes so it's a bit of a waste in that aspect. You also have to pay to listen to your voice mails which is stupid. The network's been fine as a whole though.
My Orange contract has came to an end and I want to figure out the best contract for me. I currently have really low data (250MB) so I always have to turn off the data. I want about 1GB data and unlimited texts and quite low minutes, currently on like 1000 but I never use them. I know Three is really cheap for what I want but I don't know if they are reliable, there are so many bad reviews.

Also I'm on a sim only contract and want another sim only contract
BRISTOL? WOO... :smile:

I'm from Bristol, and I can tell you that I've been on every network (O2, Vodafone, Three, EE), and the best in Bristol for 3G & 4G coverage, is Three.

They have the fastest 3G internet in Bristol, and they've been voted the best UK network by some technology news websites in the last month for their 3G & 4G coverage. They are also the only UK network to offer unlimited data. You can get unlimited data on Three for £15 a month on SIM Only.

O2 is dreadful in Bristol. If you go inside any building, if you're not near an O2 network mast, then the signal will likely drop down to Edge (2G).

Vodafone is also just like O2, except you can't even get 3G in Bristol City Centre - even if you are outside! They also have the slowest internet speeds.

EE are absolutely awful for customer service. Don't go with them.

Just a warning... In the UK, only Three & EE have 4G on the iPhone 5. O2 & Vodafone only support the iPhone 5c & iPhone 5S for 4G. That means if you're planning on using giffgaff at all - as suggested above, you won't be able to use their 4G network on the iPhone 5 because they use O2's signal. You won't be able to use TESCO Mobile either as they also use O2's network.
Original post by 2scotty
BRISTOL? WOO... :smile:

I'm from Bristol, and I can tell you that I've been on every network (O2, Vodafone, Three, EE), and the best in Bristol for 3G & 4G coverage, is Three.

They have the fastest 3G internet in Bristol, and they've been voted the best UK network by some technology news websites in the last month for their 3G & 4G coverage. They are also the only UK network to offer unlimited data. You can get unlimited data on Three for £15 a month on SIM Only.

O2 is dreadful in Bristol. If you go inside any building, if you're not near an O2 network mast, then the signal will likely drop down to Edge (2G).

Vodafone is also just like O2, except you can't even get 3G in Bristol City Centre - even if you are outside! They also have the slowest internet speeds.

EE are absolutely awful for customer service. Don't go with them.

Just a warning... In the UK, only Three & EE have 4G on the iPhone 5. O2 & Vodafone only support the iPhone 5c & iPhone 5S for 4G. That means if you're planning on using giffgaff at all - as suggested above, you won't be able to use their 4G network on the iPhone 5 because they use O2's signal. You won't be able to use TESCO Mobile either as they also use O2's network.

Ok thank you! Very helpful! I'll go with 3!

Latest

Trending

Trending