The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RD208
If its of anymore interest to you I'm working in Princes St. tomorrow... :tongue:

Where :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to everyone on their grades! I got A at Advanced Higher Chemistry and Advanced Higher Biology but B at Revised Higher Physics, which was really strange as I was one of the few at top of the class in Physics but was really struggling in Chemistry and Biology. So slightly annoyed at my B, well very annoyed, and very chuffed with my As. I do have 2 queries. On my certificate from SQA Physics is just down as Higher not Revised Higher, is it normal to miss off the Revised? What do the SCQF Credit Points mean and how can I have 8 points when the SCQF Level is 7?
Original post by Y2J97
Decided to open my email at 10am this morning and much to my delight, I was greeted with AAAAA - totally unexpected! I feel so overwhelmed and still can't get over it! Well done to everyone else - fantastic results yet again!

That's great news, well done!!! :woo:
What are your plans for next year? :smile:
Original post by Ahhhhstress
Congrats to everyone on their grades! I got A at Advanced Higher Chemistry and Advanced Higher Biology but B at Revised Higher Physics, which was really strange as I was one of the few at top of the class in Physics but was really struggling in Chemistry and Biology. So slightly annoyed at my B, well very annoyed, and very chuffed with my As. I do have 2 queries. On my certificate from SQA Physics is just down as Higher not Revised Higher, is it normal to miss off the Revised? What do the SCQF Credit Points mean and how can I have 8 points when the SCQF Level is 7?

Hello - well done on your results, I'm gonna quote in Hype who'll be much better suited to helping you!

Hype en Ecosse
FAO

I'm that guy that stands there holding the McDonalds sign :cool: #stalker

Spoiler

Original post by Y2J97
Decided to open my email at 10am this morning and much to my delight, I was greeted with AAAAA - totally unexpected! I feel so overwhelmed and still can't get over it! Well done to everyone else - fantastic results yet again!

Wooo, well done - amazing results! :biggrin: :congrats:
What are you doing next? :h:
Original post by Ahhhhstress

First of all, congrats on your amazing results :biggrin:

I would imagine they would leave out Revised on your certificate because for future reference no one is going to know what revised meant then :tongue: There is the course code anyway to match up to the exact course spec.

Credit points are basically an indication of the amount of learning, whereas the SCQF level is the level of difficulty. Don't worry too much about this, but for an AH course there are 32 credit points - 8 for each unit and 8 for the exam. AHs are level 7 qualifications, Highers are level 6, and N5s/Credit/Int2 are level 5.

You can read more about the parts of the certificate in our article: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4581-Understanding-the-SQC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got into uni? Check out UNI CONNECT to find others who are going to which universities!
Original post by Asklepios
First of all, congrats on your amazing results :biggrin:

I would imagine they would leave out Revised on your certificate because for future reference no one is going to know what revised meant then :tongue: There is the course code anyway to match up to the exact course spec.

Credit points are basically an indication of the amount of learning, whereas the SCQF level is the level of difficulty. Don't worry too much about this, but for an AH course there are 32 credit points - 8 for each unit and 8 for the exam. AHs are level 7 qualifications, Highers are level 6, and N5s/Credit/Int2 are level 5.

You can read more about the parts of the certificate in our article: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4581-Understanding-the-SQC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by tigercat14
I managed to get 8 A's in my national fives, so chuffed! :biggrin: well done everyone!

8? My school only lets us sit 6 :frown:

I got AAABB/P on my nationals today :smile: would have liked all A's but oh well I passed everything thats all that matters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScottishScott
8? My school only lets us sit 6 :frown:

I got AAABB/P on my nationals today :smile: would have liked all A's but oh well I passed everything thats all that matters

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still did awesome!! Well done!! :congrats:
Well Done to everyone! Now I'm gonna be starting to be supporting everyone else. lol. As I have been through all three Results Day... lol. Not many people have done that before have they not! Probably because I live in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis but formerly lived in Warrington in the North West of England. :smile: Next year it's back to College!

GCSE Results Day - 2012
A Level Results Day - 2013
SQA Results Day - 2014
Reply 2192
Guys do you reckon I still have a chance of getting into medicine with AAAAB? I'm planning on doing the 3 sciences all AH plus an extra higher in business or pe (or both) in S6
And what about a Glasgow. They have no minimum but "standard" requirement is 5A's. And its my home city :frown:
Congrats to everyone who done well in their exams and got what they hoped for
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by :D'
Guys do you reckon I still have a chance of getting into medicine with AAAAB? I'm planning on doing the 3 sciences all AH plus an extra higher in business or pe (or both)
And what about a Glasgow. They have no minimum but "standard" requirement is 5A's. And its my home city :frown:

Still plenty of chance for medicine with AAAAB - it's the rest of your application that's going to make the difference now! :smile:

Glasgow will consider widening access students, people with extenuating circumstances, etc. with less than AAAAA - but they don't publish that on their website! You'll have to get in touch with them to see if they'd consider you.
Original post by :D'
Guys do you reckon I still have a chance of getting into medicine with AAAAB? I'm planning on doing the 3 sciences all AH plus an extra higher in business or pe (or both) in S6

If it's a standard requirement then they will also make an offer based on interview with you and how much they like you! My advice is to absolutely nail any interviews you may have, but it's also worth having a back up option (you will be able to get one) just in case it doest work out.

Best of luck, let me know if you need anything!
Original post by Gingerbread101
That's great news, well done!!! :woo:
What are your plans for next year? :smile:

Original post by Neuth
Wooo, well done - amazing results! :biggrin: :congrats:
What are you doing next? :h:

Thank you!! If I go back to school - AH Spanish and French and Higher Business (Crash). However, I may have a job opportunity so I might take up that offer. I have no idea what to do yet!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2196
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Still plenty of chance for medicine with AAAAB - it's the rest of your application that's going to make the difference now! :smile:

Glasgow will consider widening access students, people with extenuating circumstances, etc. with less than AAAAA - but they don't publish that on their website! You'll have to get in touch with them to see if they'd consider you.

OK thanks a lot :smile: I will definitely contact them soon
Original post by Y2J97
Thank you!! If I go back to school - AH Spanish and French and Higher Business (Crash). However, I may have a job opportunity so I might take up that offer. I have no idea what to do yet!

They both sound good :yes: What's the job? :smile:
Original post by Y2J97

Oooh, interesting :yes:
So do you like languages? :h:
Reply 2199
Original post by mobbsy91
If it's a standard requirement then they will also make an offer based on interview with you and how much they like you! My advice is to absolutely nail any interviews you may have, but it's also worth having a back up option (you will be able to get one) just in case it doest work out.

Best of luck, let me know if you need anything!

I've not yet got an interview as I won't be submitting my UCAS application till October. Thanks for the support :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending