The Student Room Group

attending two colleges at the same time

can someone attend two colleges at the same time?
since my college is not offering Further maths, i might considering studying it at another college parallel to the other courses I am already taking which are maths physics and chemistry, is it possible ?
What if the two courses overlap ? is there anyway possible i could learn of the course schedule before actually enrolling to the course, so that i can choose the one that goes well with my original college?
Reply 1
Original post by Shahpo
can someone attend two colleges at the same time?
since my college is not offering Further maths, i might considering studying it at another college parallel to the other courses I am already taking which are maths physics and chemistry, is it possible ?
What if the two courses overlap ? is there anyway possible i could learn of the course schedule before actually enrolling to the course, so that i can choose the one that goes well with my original college?

I'd have thought that the chance of the timetable fitting was close to zero, even if you could teleport between the 2 colleges in between lessons.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
I'd have thought that the chance of the timetable fitting was close to zero, even if you could teleport between the 2 colleges in between lessons.

so there is no chance of attending two colleges at the same time ?
guess the only way then is to enroll as a private candidate
Reply 3
You can try to find a college that offers it at night as a part-time student or something. My college offers a level lessons in photography etc at night to local sixth form students if they don't have it. Also, they have to pay for their exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Shahpo

Unless there's an evening class (which seems unlikely) I don't see it as being a possibility. On the upside, there is a lot of support out there for people self studying FM, and for schools helping them do it - there's been a real attempt in the past few years to make FM accessible to all students even if their college doesn't offer it.
Original post by Shahpo

Talk to your head of maths about how you can access
http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/
You may find there are maths teachers willing to give you some after school help with some of the units and you might find them willing to get the exams office to enter you for the exams.
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
Talk to your head of maths about how you can access
http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/
You may find there are maths teachers willing to give you some after school help with some of the units and you might find them willing to get the exams office to enter you for the exams.

i heard that next year everything is going to change, will that be still possible ? A-Levels will be considered to be a two year programme with a test by the end of the two years, anyway i will probably be taking a gap year anyway so i will start the further maths course next year and continue with the second year of further maths during my gap year, Or i might just do an AS, still dont know what to do.
Original post by Shahpo
i heard that next year everything is going to change, will that be still possible ? A-Levels will be considered to be a two year programme with a test by the end of the two years, anyway i will probably be taking a gap year anyway so i will start the further maths course next year and continue with the second year of further maths during my gap year, Or i might just do an AS, still dont know what to do.

The changes don't come in for maths until 2 year courses that start in September 2016 so exams under the existing syllabus will still be available in summer 2017 with almost certainly a final resit opportunity in 2018. I doubt you would be able to access the further maths resources as a gap year student so anything you can do before hand will be advantageous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest