The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madeleine96
Hi, ABDN gave me the condition of BBB and I got AAC, C at higher PE and the A's at adv music and higher English, what is the likelihood of a place ? :/

I would say it is likely, but they have no obligation to. Phone them up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I phone them and they said to wait a few days as they have lots of conditionals to process..I just hope I get in.
I do A levels so I technically have no place on this thread, but I'm just curious - how come you guys do so many qualifications?! :smile: At A level you only need 3 to get into uni, and 4 is quite an ask, 5 is for the Einsteins. How do you guys cope with so many subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I do A levels so I technically have no place on this thread, but I'm just curious - how come you guys do so many qualifications?! :smile: At A level you only need 3 to get into uni, and 4 is quite an ask, 5 is for the Einsteins. How do you guys cope with so many subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The standard numbers here are

- 8 standard grades (now being changed to 6 nationals), GCSE equivalent
- 5 Highers, AS equivalent
- 3 Advanced Highers, A2 equivalent (although a lot of people may do less Advanced Highers and instead do additional new Higher subjects)

So it really isn't too different to what you do at A-level and GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
The standard numbers here are

- 8 standard grades (now being changed to 6 nationals), GCSE equivalent
- 5 Highers, AS equivalent
- 3 Advanced Highers, A2 equivalent (although a lot of people may do less Advanced Highers and instead do additional new Higher subjects)

So it really isn't too different to what you do at A-level and GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see! 5 AS equivalents sound scary though! I just managed 4! Thanks for the explanation though! Hope you got what you were after!

In fact, congratulations to everyone today! Hoping there are as many happy posts on the A level thread next week! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone!
Sorry this is really late.... :colondollar:
I got my results at 12 and the postie wished me good luck!

Higher Geography - A
Higher Biology - B
Higher Chemistry - C
Higher Media - C

:dance: :dance: :groovy: :party:

really pleased with my results! Passed chemistry! :eek:
off to uni now!

Congratulations on everybody who received their exam results!

Would like to thank Ecosse 14, Hype en Ecosse, Mobbsy91, Gingerbread101, hollieloh and Neuth for their support and humour! Thank you guys - you made me feel less nervous this year! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Neuth
Well done! :congrats: :party:
What are your next plans? :h:

Thanks. I'm off to Edinburgh to study History and German. :smile:
Reply 2267
Original post by CSM1996
I got an A surprisingly since I studied like 2 days before. However it had been my best subject throughout the year so I put a bit of effort throughout the year and by the end i just got a bit lazy :tongue: It was a hard paper though, so a B is still really good so don't be annoyed at yourself.

P.s. sorry for late reply haha

Im just so annoyed because I got a B in the prelim and really worked hard like I kid you not I was going to an external maths tutor 4-5 times a week! she told me to go get my paper 'reviewed' so i might give that a shot because according to the grade boundaries this year it would mean i actually did worse in my final exam than in the prelim (though now I'm just blabbing on to make myself feel better hahah)
Original post by ladymarshmallow

Ah, just saw your results! Massive congratulations! :biggrin: :party:

When did you get so old that now you're heading off to uni? :lolwut: :tongue:

Best of luck with it! :h:
Original post by rajae
Im just so annoyed because I got a B in the prelim and really worked hard like I kid you not

Obviously not hard enough then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh, nice! :h:
Are you excited? :biggrin:
Original post by LongLazyDays
Hello everyone!

Higher Geography - A
Higher Biology - B
Higher Chemistry - C
Higher Media - C

off to uni now!

Would like to thank Ecosse 14, Hype en Ecosse, Mobbsy91, Gingerbread101, hollieloh and Neuth for their support and humour! Thank you guys - you made me feel less nervous this year! :smile:

No problem buddy - what we're here for. I'm glad you got great results!
Original post by mobbsy91
No problem buddy - what we're here for. I'm glad you got great results!

Thank you! :smile:

Congrats! I study history at edinburgh, feel free to send any questions about first year my way :smile:
removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2275
Got my results back early afternoon today. Got 3 As, a B and a C. Quite disappointed with the C as it means my chances of getting accepted Glasgow or Edinburgh are slim. I'm still unsure what exactly I want to do but do yous think I will at least get some conditionals for uni's?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Adykonvict1
Hi guys in a bit of a mess atm. I have got a place at glasgow caledonian to do law llb . However , they only offer scots law . I was keen on my firm strathclyde. Is it possible to transfer to strathclyde?

I'm afraid not, mate. The two unis are completely separate and they're no more linked that Glasgow Callie and Harvard are. It might be possible to change uni provided you have good performance in first year, but that's rare too, and only happens in exceptional circumstances.

Original post by Nikita10
I was hoping someone could offer me some advice. I didn't meet the conditions for my firm choice and I phoned them early in the morning and they basically said we still won't offer you a place. However there has still been no update on track.

Does this mean they could be (hopefully) considering me ?

If they've said they're going to reject you, then it's unlikely you're going to get an offer in the end, but there's nothing wrong with holding out hope. :smile:
It's not over until Track updates. :tongue:

Hello everyone!

Higher Geography - A
Higher Biology - B
Higher Chemistry - C
Higher Media - C

off to uni now!

Haha! Thank you!! And congratulations on making it to uni! :biggrin:
Original post by Con08
Got my results back early afternoon today. Got 3 As, a B and a C. Quite disappointed with the C as it means my chances of getting accepted Glasgow or Edinburgh. I'm still unsure what exactly I want to do but do yous think I will at least get some conditionals for uni's?

3 As and a B...that's still good enough to get into Glasgow or Edinburgh! Especially since you've still got more Highers to sit in S6. What course is it you want to apply for?
Original post by azndude171
Advanced Highers
A - Physics
A - Computing
B - Maths

I'm really upset because I missed my Cambridge offer by 1 A...

Ahhh! Really sorry mate, and to be so close as well. I'm sure you've made your insurance with fantastic grades like that, though. Cambridge isn't the be all and end all. :smile:
Hello everyone!

Higher Geography - A
Higher Biology - B
Higher Chemistry - C
Higher Media - C

off to uni now!

Yayyyy!! :woo:
Awhh, that was sweet :yep:

Well done - that's amazing :redface: Where are you heading to? :h:

And you are more than welcome - we all loved helping and making sure your evening/night/morning/day went smoothly and as stress free as possible! :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending