The Student Room Group

Debenhams Restaraunt Assistant Telephone interview!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dwalk24
Aww well done I told you!and I know well mine were suppose to ring today and still havent so waiting too :frown:

Did they say anything yet?
If not I would call to check up just in case
Reply 61
Original post by Gorganite
Did they say anything yet?
If not I would call to check up just in case

Nooo if they don't reply to me tomorrow I'll ring up and inquire because they said they let you know either way!
Original post by Dwalk24
Nooo if they don't reply to me tomorrow I'll ring up and inquire because they said they let you know either way!

Yeah that would be the best thing to do. Mine said Wednesday for mine which is tomorrow so we could both find out tomorrow :/
Reply 63
Yeah that would be the best thing to do. Mine said Wednesday for mine which is tomorrow so we could both find out tomorrow :/

Just really annoying I've had to wait so long :frown:
Original post by Dwalk24
Just really annoying I've had to wait so long :frown:

Yeah, I'm still waiting as well :frown:
Really annoying as well. But I got till the end of the day I guess :/
Reply 65
Yeah, I'm still waiting as well :frown:
Really annoying as well. But I got till the end of the day I guess :/

It is, you'll have to let me know if they call you :smile:
Original post by Dwalk24
It is, you'll have to let me know if they call you :smile:

Like you still haven't heard anything :frown:

I'll allow them some time because I did think 2 days was quick to be honest and I would say for me to wait a week before I call them up or anything. I hope it happens tomorrow or something at least.

Thing is she was saying how it would definitely be today that she would call :s-smilie:
If I were you I would call them up to check if they have decided but didn't decide to call or anything to ease the waiting.
Reply 67
Like you still haven't heard anything :frown:

I'll allow them some time because I did think 2 days was quick to be honest and I would say for me to wait a week before I call them up or anything. I hope it happens tomorrow or something at least.

Thing is she was saying how it would definitely be today that she would call :s-smilie:
If I were you I would call them up to check if they have decided but didn't decide to call or anything to ease the waiting.

It's so annoying :frown: and yeah they told me 10 days! and I know I'm gonna ring somepoint soon, and it's so frustrating because I waited so long too find out nothing yet, really unreliable :frown: and I will tomorrow I'm going to ring the HR department and see what's going on :smile:
Original post by Dwalk24
It's so annoying :frown: and yeah they told me 10 days! and I know I'm gonna ring somepoint soon, and it's so frustrating because I waited so long too find out nothing yet, really unreliable :frown: and I will tomorrow I'm going to ring the HR department and see what's going on :smile:

Best of luck there. Tell me how the talk with HR goes. Hopefully it'll be something like they are still deciding or something :smile:
Reply 69
Best of luck there. Tell me how the talk with HR goes. Hopefully it'll be something like they are still deciding or something :smile:

Thank you :smile: and I will do, I'd rather ring HR because it's going straight to the top plus my interviewer was swapped so I can't ask them really :frown: I don't know I may just ring the store up and ask :smile: and I hope so! just annoying as I always think they've rejected but they said to me you find out either way, did they tell you that too?
Original post by Dwalk24
Thank you :smile: and I will do, I'd rather ring HR because it's going straight to the top plus myaterviewer was swapped so I can't ask them really :frown: I don't know I may just ring the store up and ask :smile: and I hope so! just annoying as I always think they've rejected but they said to me you find out either way, did they tell you that too?

I would just ring both if one doesn't help really :smile: If you do HR they can check directly and find out what's wrong. And yeah mine said she would call with the results of my imterview which i assume means whether i passed or failed
I would just ring both if one doesn't help really :smile: If you do HR they can check directly and find out what's wrong. And yeah mine said she would call with the results of my imterview which i assume means whether i passed or failed

Called today. Didn't get the job :frown:

Said that I was a really strong candidate and all and that if there was another space she would give it to me, but the person they employed had more experience.
She said that she would leave me for a Xmas Vacancy, (I couldn't really hear her at this point). So it could mean I have a job if they ask for sales advisers or I have to go straight to interview again :frown:
Reply 72
Called today. Didn't get the job :frown:

Said that I was a really strong candidate and all and that if there was another space she would give it to me, but the person they employed had more experience.
She said that she would leave me for a Xmas Vacancy, (I couldn't really hear her at this point). So it could mean I have a job if they ask for sales advisers or I have to go straight to interview again :frown:

Awww no :frown: that's so annoying, I hope you're okay :frown: and at least that's something I guess, and you can learn from that. I rang yesterday and they're suppose to ring me sometime this morning, so I'll let you know my fate too! But don't let it get you down, you did your best :smile:
Original post by Dwalk24
Awww no :frown: that's so annoying, I hope you're okay :frown: and at least that's something I guess, and you can learn from that. I rang yesterday and they're suppose to ring me sometime this morning, so I'll let you know my fate too! But don't let it get you down, you did your best :smile:

I know. Just keep looking and move on really :smile:
Nothing more to do. And hope they do call this time
Reply 74
I know. Just keep looking and move on really :smile:
Nothing more to do. And hope they do call this time

Yeah exactly :smile: and I hope so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending