The Student Room Group

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OnionRing
I agree but it's better than giving it to a stranger :tongue:

There are a lot of twists! If you see the last couple of pages of this thread, you'll see them. Producers were very sneaky. Obviously the twists are for entertainment and for audience to talk about it even more.
Yeah talking on the phone for that long is crazy...

Ive only seen the first 4 so trying to avoid spoilers.
Ive seen enough reality TV to know tricks they pull, the made Aidan look like a knob on purpose just to twist it and then show the softer side with him in the car. That is Reality TV 101. The comments he made about girls any guy will say that if you frame the question in a particular way
Original post by James222
Ive only seen the first 4 so trying to avoid spoilers.
Ive seen enough reality TV to know tricks they pull, the made Aidan look like a knob on purpose just to twist it and then show the softer side with him in the car. That is Reality TV 101. The comments he made about girls any guy will say that if you frame the question in a particular way

There are only 4 episodes :tongue: it's all over :frown:

Yup agree with the post. I would never go on reality TV.
There are only 4 episodes :tongue: it's all over :frown:

Yup agree with the post. I would never go on reality TV.

Aaahhh whattt lol

Does anyone have links to their Social media profiles ?

I guess the show was good in the sense it lifted the veil behind curtain, from someone facebook profile you would think they are having a great time but could be full of self doubt and the importance of waking up at 9AM

The girl finding out she has a std was so Akward and mean I would not put that on TV !
Aaahhh whattt lol

Does anyone have links to their Social media profiles ?

I guess the show was good in the sense it lifted the veil behind curtain, from someone facebook profile you would think they are having a great time but could be full of self doubt and the importance of waking up at 9AM

The girl finding out she has a std was so Akward and mean I would not put that on TV !

Lol that's what reality TV does to you! Awkward bits!

Yeah someone posted some of the students twitter usernames on the last page.
Brenda twitter can be found a few pages back.

Aidenkardashian twitter :rofl:
Lol that's what reality TV does to you! Awkward bits!

Yeah someone posted some of the students twitter usernames on the last page.
Brenda twitter can be found a few pages back.

Aidenkardashian twitter :rofl:

Got clap #banter
Original post by Blue_Mason
That is a lot of money to be giving someone when you've only been dating for months

They've known each other for a while though... They got introduced via friends way before Uni started. She did pay him back though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 566
just read the post on secret lives of students - the part on long distance relationships annoyed me. just because it's long distance doesn't mean it needs to end. me and my boyfriend have been going out for two years, he had to go abroad for uni but we survived. It isn't easy, but it isn't as hard as people make out. if your relationship is strong enough you will last, dont give up and give it a try!
Reply 567
Original post by gma1
just read the post on secret lives of students - the part on long distance relationships annoyed me. just because it's long distance doesn't mean it needs to end. me and my boyfriend have been going out for two years, he had to go abroad for uni but we survived. It isn't easy, but it isn't as hard as people make out. if your relationship is strong enough you will last, dont give up and give it a try!

The post was very negative and generalised. It all depends on the actual couple and how much you want it to work. I can imagine it is difficult and I've heard so much about relationships that broke down because of Uni but i guess they weren't being honest to themselves. If you both honestly believe you can make it work then you are right for each other and it is possible. Just because it doesn't work for the majority doesn't mean it's worth giving up :smile:
Original post by goldtippedarrows
Ow man this is so sad :frown: Lesson from : Reality tv fame is a dangerous game.

That is why you can never truly believe anything on the TV.
Original post by gma1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this (also wasn't impressed by the bit about Michael "respectfully calling off his relationship after realising he had feelings for his flatmate"- he slept with her while he was still with his girlfriend, how is that respectful?)

3 of my flatmates have managed to maintain long distance relationships in first year, and so have I. Plenty of people manage it- if both people in the relationship want it to work and try hard enough, there's no reason why it won't.

I think better advice for the article to give would be not to make your whole life about your partner. Seeing them every weekend is generally not a good idea, especially in the first few weeks, because you miss out on things at uni and might find that if the relationship breaks down, there isn't really anything or anyone else to help you get over it.
It was unbearable to watch this show, there was not a time where I haven't felt like slapping one of them -.-

I
Just finished watch the series. Brenda's problems mostly routed in laziness and finance. I find it indefensible that she went to University ignorant to her financial state of affairs and did not take the mature decision to defer entry, work 30 hours a week and in a years time have several thousand pounds saved up ready to start University. The alleged racism and baby miscarriage is obviously not her fault and absolves her of a lot. But even without those two issues she is still a massive idiot.
But it can be pretty hard to get work and she wouldn't want a whole year or two job seeking and doing nothing productive.

Nightworld1066
Have I missed a large part of an episode or was Luke not properly featured in the series at all even though he has a profile on the website?
Original post by adstratt
Have I missed a large part of an episode or was Luke not properly featured in the series at all even though he has a profile on the website?

Luke was a secondary character, just like Mads!
I wonder if there will be a second series, I've no idea how popular The Secret Life of Students actually was :s-smilie:
Original post by Captain Jack
I wonder if there will be a second series, I've no idea how popular The Secret Life of Students actually was :s-smilie:

Pretty popular with my friends but that could just be because it was filmed at our uni and we spent more time looking for people we knew in the background.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Pretty popular with my friends but that could just be because it was filmed at our uni and we spent more time looking for people we knew in the background.

Start watching towie
Start watching towie

Won't know anyone in the background. Got a couple of friends who were in the background of Made in Chelsea once or twice because they looked for UCL students.

Seriously though, if it wasn't filmed at my uni I wouldn't have watched it. Not my type of programme. Just nice to be reminded of Leicester as I have just graduated from there.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Won't know anyone in the background. Got a couple of friends who were in the background of Made in Chelsea once or twice because they looked for UCL students.

Seriously though, if it wasn't filmed at my uni I wouldn't have watched it. Not my type of programme. Just nice to be reminded of Leicester as I have just graduated from there.

move to essex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending