The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr1269
I think it is clear to all that you have been unable to substantiate your opinion, an erroneous one, that HAMAS calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to the State of Israel.

The links or quotes you have posted does not strengthen your argument but detracts from it, as it is shown quite clearly that one has to imply and read so much into it, not to mention, selectively quoting bits and pieces in order to get a vague noion that maybe HAMAS does want to destroy all Jews, contrary to their Charter which simply seeks to destroy Israel, which is quite a legitimate aim.

Yes, the plan to have an independent Jewish State in Palestine was only formulated in 1947. :rolleyes:

I leave it for each person to make up their minds whether Hamas only intend to murder all Jews inside Israel or all Jews everywhere.

As for your last sentence, I will just quote back what you first wrote:
"I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile."

1929 is prior to 1948 which was the point of creation of the Israeli State.
Original post by UniOfLife
I leave it for each person to make up their minds whether Hamas only intend to murder all Jews inside Israel or all Jews everywhere.

Ahh, so you are playing the PR game? How like you...

As for your last sentence, I will just quote back what you first wrote:
"I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile."

So I shall amend it to read: "....prior to the formulation of the plan to establish a Jewish State in Palestine...."

There. That's taken out your "1929 link"...

1929 is prior to 1948 which was the point of creation of the Israeli State.

And it's been taken out...

Next please?
Original post by GrapeLeaves

Read history. The "Palestinians" are simply Arabs many of whom immigrated in large numbers from surrounding countries looking for work 100-150 years ago. According to the British during their mandate, more Arabs immigrated there than Jews did. The famous historian Martin Gilbert wrote that at least 50,000 Arabs immigrated there during the British Mandate alone, with tons more having gone there during Ottoman rule.

Considering the increase in the Arab population of Palestine of more than 600,000 over the course of the British Mandate, 50,000 would be pretty small fry.

Read any accounts about the area, from C.S. Lewis to the British High Commission. All of them said the land was desolate until the Jews moved there and built the place.

I can't find any accounts by CS Lewis.

There are plenty of accounts documenting Palestine's wealth at the time, including from Ahad Ha'am, one of the early Zionist thinkers.

Palestine did see an economic boom in the late 19th Century, but this was mostly down to modernisation policies both from the Ottomans in Constantinople and from local Arab leaders. Indeed, the areas which saw high increases in Jewish population saw low increases in Arab population and vice versa.

BTW 50% of Israeli Jews today are refugees from Arabic countries. And yes they easily got citizenship and a life.

Not that easily. While they were given formal citizenship, the Ashkenazi Israeli establishment treated Mizrahi and Sephardi Jews like scum for decades.
There is no evidence of genocide because there patently has not been one. Not unless your definition of "genocide" is incredibly loose in which case the word loses useful meaning.
Original post by bertstare

lol a few slight issues. Such as how American states have the most horrific border control and would probably send the isrealis straight back over the Atlantic. Remorselessly
(edited 9 years ago)

Islamists would still try to attack them...
Feiglin didn't call for genocide. He called for something pretty reprehensible but certainly not genocide. But yes, there are people in Israel calling for genocide and they will garner attention. Fact remains that Israel hasn't committed genocide and yet people still accuse it of doing so.

Those same people, and people who believe them, then find it very hard to understand why the media and people in power are not acting as if a genocide is going on. Rather than rethink their understanding of the situation they go on about a conspiracy to not let the world know the truth. I guess it must be kind of exciting to think that you're part of a small number who really know the truth. But it cannot be healthy mentally to live in such a fantasy world.
Original post by merrill
Genocide is never acceptable.

But, neither is firing rockets at civilians. (Both Jews and Palestinians)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Killing in general is not acceptable, it doesn't matter if it is with a rocket or multiple paper cuts.

Brilliant lol
Original post by Temporality
lol a few slight issues. Such as how American states have the most horrific border control and would probably send the isrealis straight back over the Atlantic. Remorselessly

I think you missed out the "51st state" bit. You raise a non-issue.
Truce is holding out nice and well. Hopefully no-one else needs to be two days away from retirement.
Original post by Jammy Duel
I think you missed out the "51st state" bit. You raise a non-issue.

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

How is boarder controls between states an issue?
How is boarder controls between states an issue?

Border*. A portion of the population would have to travel by boat and have trouble getting across states to that central location.
Border*. A portion of the population would have to travel by boat and have trouble getting across states to that central location.

But they wouldn't...You move all the Israelis out of the middle east and put them in the middle of the US, or did you not pay attention to the image?
But they wouldn't...You move all the Israelis out of the middle east and put them in the middle of the US, or did you not pay attention to the image?

Not everyone would be able to board a plane. Their airlines would be clogged. Plus don't talk to me like that as you have no right :smile:
Not everyone would be able to board a plane. Their airlines would be clogged. Plus don't talk to me like that as you have no right :smile:

Ummmm? what?
Ummmm? what?

'... or Did you not pay attention to the image?' Is smarmy, rude and condescending. I don't allow people to talk down to me
'... or Did you not pay attention to the image?' Is smarmy, rude and condescending. I don't allow people to talk down to me

Ummm...so tell me, how do you stop somebody doing something after they've done it? And as far as borders are concerned is it really that difficult? Surely if there would be an issue there then there would be issues already, after all, over 3 billion people (obviously counting people more than once if they are on more than one flight) already travel by air every year.
Also note that the 29 biggest airports in the US already process more people in a single year than the population of Israel, the largest processing almost 6 times as many. So, where would this burden on the borders come from?
Ummm...so tell me, how do you stop somebody doing something after they've done it? And as far as borders are concerned is it really that difficult? Surely if there would be an issue there then there would be issues already, after all, over 3 billion people (obviously counting people more than once if they are on more than one flight) already travel by air every year.
Also note that the 29 biggest airports in the US already process more people in a single year than the population of Israel, the largest processing almost 6 times as many. So, where would this burden on the borders come from?

Because the majority of these airports would be in different states so the Israelis would have to cross these borders to get into their new states duhhhhhhhhhhh.
If you don't believe what I'm saying about the difficulties of immigration and border control in America: http://www.defineamerican.com/

Also I don't know why you're getting so hyped about some hypothetical and unrealistic solution to the current problem. Its quite sad really. Calm down