The Student Room Group

N5 History Grade Boundaries

Hi so I was looking at the grade boundaries for N5 subjects today and they were all around the 70% mark for an A, except History which was 64%.

I personally found the exam quite easy (not exceptionally difficult) so I was wondering what you guys thought and why it was so low a percentage. It's very uncommon for it to be that low from what I've previously seen.

I hope your exams went well <3
Reply 1
I thought it was ridiculously easy and so did the other people in my class. For some of the questions they pretty much told you the answer.
I found the exam so easy too and ended up with an A. All the questions that came up were perfect and none of the things I didn't like come up in the final exam. Maybe it depended on the topics that people done. Also one of the questions for me was so similar to one in the 'How to Pass' book it was basically the exact same?
Original post by chippedcups
Hi so I was looking at the grade boundaries for N5 subjects today and they were all around the 70% mark for an A, except History which was 64%.

I personally found the exam quite easy (not exceptionally difficult) so I was wondering what you guys thought and why it was so low a percentage. It's very uncommon for it to be that low from what I've previously seen.

I hope your exams went well <3

Hello, where did you find the specific grade boundaries? I can't seem to find them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Inspired1178
Hello, where did you find the specific grade boundaries? I can't seem to find them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the bottom of this page :smile: The excel one.

Then there's a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet with N5 ones. You need to convert them to percentages though.
Original post by chippedcups
At the bottom of this page :smile: The excel one.

Then there's a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet with N5 ones. You need to convert them to percentages though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
History exam was out of 80 marks. The 64 is the number of marks needed not the percentage.
Original post by Bandarg124
History exam was out of 80 marks. The 64 is the number of marks needed not the percentage.

Though you are correct,I think you're looking at the 'Upper band A' marks, which is 64. However, just for an 'A' it is 51, which is 63.75% so 64% is right :smile:
Hoping to do n5 history next year :eek: I'm shocked! Our teachers make out to us that all national 5 qualifications are really hard :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Fallenhail
Hoping to do n5 history next year :eek: I'm shocked! Our teachers make out to us that all national 5 qualifications are really hard :smile:

Believe me, N5's are pretty hard but for me History was one of my easiest. There is a lot of course content to learn and you must must must practice the types of source questions all the time. Also work hard on your extended essay which you will sit in exam conditions because it does count towards your final grade (I believe about 20%). If you do all of these things, you are quite likely to get a good mark as those who studied a lot did get As. I really enjoyed the course though and I'm now doing Higher :smile:

If you need any help with your history, feel free to leave me a message. Or regarding other subjects if I've done them :biggrin: Can't say I'm amazing at maths though!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending