The Student Room Group

Got a job at greggs - advice needed!

I had my interview last Tuesday and on Friday I got a call at around 9.15am, I got the job (Woohoo) and then she said she'd send me the emails later on. I kept checking for about 2 hours and I still didn't recieve the email and then I went out with friends so I was busy for the rest of the day and I checked my email on Saturday morning and they emailed me whilst I was out the day before. However the email had attachments I needed to complete and then I realised on the email it said "send the attachments no later than 9am on the Friday before your induction" and my induction is tomorrow (Tuesday) so they sent me the email after that time anyway, does this mean anything if I have sent it late? :frown: I sent it on Saturday night.

Also, I have some questions if anyone works/had worked at greggs-
1. What is it like working at greggs?
2. Any advice for my induction?
3. Any advice for the job in general?
4. How would you greet a customer at first, like after saying "whos next please?" lol

Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to make sure it made sense.. hopefully it did haha
Thanks for any replies!! :smile: x
Reply 1
I have no experience working there unfortunately, however I did find a thread which covered information about the induction! It's here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1734366

As for greeting a customer - simply be friendly. Smile, pleasant body language. Maybe a "how are you?". Small talk I guess! How would you expect a person in a store to greet you? Analyse the person who's serving you the next time that you're buying/ordering something :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by JW_
I have no experience working there unfortunately, however I did find a thread which covered information about the induction! It's here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1734366

As for greeting a customer - simply be friendly. Smile, pleasant body language. Maybe a "how are you?". Small talk I guess! How would you expect a person in a store to greet you? Analyse the person who's serving you the next time that you're buying/ordering something :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you very much, and yeah I suppose. I'm just not looking forward to the moody customers I will probably get, and if I ever got a complained at I would get so embarassed omg :frown: Thanks for the help though!
Reply 3
PM me, I work in my local store on the weekends and have been doing so since I was 17
Reply 4
I currently work there (Nearly been a year)

If you have any questions, you can PM me :smile:
Original post by Serena17
I currently work there (Nearly been a year)

If you have any questions, you can PM me :smile:

Hi what kind of questions do they ask at the interview and how long is it? thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by VanessaXD
Hi what kind of questions do they ask at the interview and how long is it? thank you :smile:

Hiya

My interview was around 20 mins and the main ones they asked were: Why would you like to work at Greggs? What pass experiences do you have which will help you to work well in Greggs? Food safety question and why its important to be clean and hygienic around food

It was a pretty laid back interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending