The Student Room Group

Opinions on as sociology please?

What are your opinions on AS Sociology? I do Psychology and love that, I did it at GCSE so i've got the hang of it and its not too hard :-) But how hard is Sociology? Im an average B/A grade student so do you think I will enjoy it? Thanks in advance xx
Reply 1
I really enjoyed it at AS/A2 and got an A in the end. If you enjoy Psychology the chances are you'll enjoy sociology. If you can write decent essays and understands theories and research methods, etc. then you'll be fine.
Original post by Summer Rose
What are your opinions on AS Sociology? I do Psychology and love that, I did it at GCSE so i've got the hang of it and its not too hard :-) But how hard is Sociology? Im an average B/A grade student so do you think I will enjoy it? Thanks in advance xx

I did it at GCSE and A-level and i loved it.
It was my best grade at a-level.
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
I did it at GCSE and A-level and i loved it.
It was my best grade at a-level.

Do you think I will enjoy it? I do Psychology and LOVE it :smile:
Original post by Summer Rose
Do you think I will enjoy it? I do Psychology and LOVE it :smile:

I never did psychology myself, so i cant comment on psychology, but i loved sociology. I found it really interesting. Have you ever done sociology before- like at gcse or anything.
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
I never did psychology myself, so i cant comment on psychology, but i loved sociology. I found it really interesting. Have you ever done sociology before- like at gcse or anything.

No I didn't unfortunately thats why i'm asking :smile:
I did both psychology and sociology at gcse and As : I loved them both you just need to keep on top of your work and do additional reading and you will be fine they are very interesting
Reply 7
Original post by tracykimani
I did both psychology and sociology at gcse and As : I loved them both you just need to keep on top of your work and do additional reading and you will be fine they are very interesting

Omg additional reading? :eek:
Reply 8
Just make sure you keep up with current affairs and you will be fine.
soft
Reply 10
^ Yeah. So soft. Especially for a sociology degree for example.
Don't worry you will be fine you sound like a smart girl , just read before your lessons and you will be fine :smile:
Original post by Katie97
^ Yeah. So soft. Especially for a sociology degree for example.

Hehe I hope that was sarcasm :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest