The Student Room Group

Can you ask a girl out 8 years later?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mollyxrose
Cant you google the location of the office in London?

Yeah tried that, but doesn't look like where sales interns are based. :frown:
Reply 61
Original post by kkboyk
Before your love story turns into a rom-com, can I have your autograph?

Haha legend. Of course.

Help me make it into the number one sitcom: How I Met Her
Reply 62
Original post by amymorrisonx
If you never try you'll never know! I'd give it a go, but it was 8 years ago so she may have a boyfriend or whatever, so just don't get your hopes up

According to FB she is single. For now.
when you find her grab her by the waist, lean into her ear and whisper 'we've had chemistry from the second we've met. you know it. i know it.' follow with the lightest kiss on her neck, and look her deep in the eye as you slowly turn 180 and walk away from her, leaving her weak in the knees. Do not glance back as you walk off.

Can i be a writer for the movie?
Reply 64
Original post by xmertic
You might as well go for it dude! Don't hold back, you may regret it :smile:

I'm gonna try this when I can :smile:

I'm nervous though and I'm not sure they would tell me...

Would I ask, I'm looking for a friend of mine, one of your former interns?

Or should I explain the whole story and hope that the Head of HR is also a hopeless romantic?
Reply 65
Original post by barneystin
when you find her grab her by the waist, lean into her ear and whisper 'we've had chemistry from the second we've met. you know it. i know it.' follow with the lightest kiss on her neck, and look her deep in the eye as you slowly turn 180 and walk away from her, leaving her weak in the knees. Do not glance back as you walk off.

Can i be a writer for the movie?

That was Legen..wait for it...dary!

I almost forgot where I was when reading this.. That's going to be the penultimate episode of the sitcom!

But oh how to find her? This is going to be made into a movie regardless with a happy ending. Maybe she will come to watch it and that's how we finally re-meet!

Any ideas? Should I go to her former workplace and just ask for her?
Original post by pshah2
That was Legen..wait for it...dary!

I almost forgot where I was when reading this.. That's going to be the penultimate episode of the sitcom!

But oh how to find her? This is going to be made into a movie regardless with a happy ending. Maybe she will come to watch it and that's how we finally re-meet!

Any ideas? Should I go to her former workplace and just ask for her?

do you have anything romantically thouhghful like the blue smurf penis Ted took to Robin?

Going to her work place after 8 years could be a bit stalkerish though (though it would be something that the T. Moseby would do)
Reply 67
Original post by joker12345
A very stalkery wry way might be, if you see an event she's attending on fb go too and 'bump' into her there.
Or look up this other company and try and find out where it is.

THIS IS BRILLIANT.

How do I see in advance if i don't use FB?
Reply 68
do you have anything romantically thouhghful like the blue smurf penis Ted took to Robin?

Going to her work place after 8 years could be a bit stalkerish though (though it would be something that the T. Moseby would do)

Yeah I know I wish! We met on an international sixth form course, didn't manage to ask her out then, due to nerves... I was hoping that we would have a thoughtful blue trumpet symbol after our first date..

This also feels like Ted trying to find Victoria in Season 1 haha

Please help Barney!
Original post by pshah2
Yeah I know I wish! We met on an international sixth form course, didn't manage to ask her out then, due to nerves... I was hoping that we would have a thoughtful blue trumpet symbol after our first date..

This also feels like Ted trying to find Victoria in Season 1 haha

Please help Barney!

No time to explain.

Meet me at the airport in 20.

Suit up. We are very important international businessmen!
Original post by pshah2
I'm gonna try this when I can :smile:

I'm nervous though and I'm not sure they would tell me...

Would I ask, I'm looking for a friend of mine, one of your former interns?

Or should I explain the whole story and hope that the Head of HR is also a hopeless romantic?

I would only use the latter in a last ditch effort tbh.

I'd first go for looking for a friend etc :smile:
Original post by pshah2
According to FB she is single. For now.

I'd definitely ask her then
Reply 72
Original post by xmertic
I would only use the latter in a last ditch effort tbh.

I'd first go for looking for a friend etc :smile:

Right cool. I'm planning to go when I have a free day, god I hope this works!
Reply 73
Original post by amymorrisonx
I'd definitely ask her then

Okay, but how to find her?
Reply 74
No time to explain.

Meet me at the airport in 20.

Suit up. We are very important international businessmen!

Yes!!! SUIT UP!! :smile:

Wingman I need you at the restaurant with me to ask about her. You can take the receptionist out haha.
Original post by pshah2
Right cool. I'm planning to go when I have a free day, god I hope this works!

Well good luck!
Reply 76
Original post by xmertic
Well good luck!

Haha thanks, it won't be today, got to be free and got to pysche myself up and also get some running shoes in case I get chased out haha!

This has to be made into a movie.
Reply 77
If you have any other ideas/lines to help me find her, please do keep them coming. REALLY APPRECIATE THIS TSR BUDDIES!
Original post by pshah2
Okay, but how to find her?

You said she's got facebook, so just mail her and ask her if you can meet up :smile:
Original post by pshah2
If you have any other ideas/lines to help me find her, please do keep them coming. REALLY APPRECIATE THIS TSR BUDDIES!

become a millionaire.

you wont need to find her. she will find you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending