The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
omggg i need help stat!!

ok so, my essay is in effectiveness of chemo in leukaemia and im looking at other treatments too - stem cell and trageted therapy. and right now, im starting on my final section but i can't seem to find the 5-year survival stats for each individual treatment so i am just stuck.

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

20 MORE DAYS AND I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY EPQ IN OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Still stuck on finding a topic and I think I've found one which is fairly relevant to the UK.Hows this for a question/title:

Should guns be legalized in the UK like they are in America?

I personally believe they shouldn't but how would I go about gathering sources and research(if this question is even good :frown: ).What type of things would you suggest i look into?

I am seriously confused by what exactly i am meant to write...it's doing my head in....so confused...at the moment I was told at the taster to think of the idea I want to do but I want to atleast think of the idea and start researching and typing up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anyone suggest a topic to do with law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _-_Ella_-_
Can anyone suggest a topic to do with law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Compare legal systems in England with those in the US and judge which one works better kinda thing
Trademarks is quite an interesting part of law which you could easily write an epq on :awesome:
You could carry out a survey of your own? Also, statistics on the crimes related to guns seems the obvious route to take.
I need help on the Literature Review! My board is Edexcel and I'm doing a Dissertation Project on how racist attitudes of the Deep South of America are challenged and conveyed in a novel. So what would I need to do in my LR? Would it be other people's views on how these characters are presented? Or would it be the views of people regarding southern culture and their attitudes in REAL life? Also what would be a good word count!

I Need help!
My epq is about mixed ability primary classes... So does anyone know any primary school teachers who could quickly fill out an online survey as part of my primary research?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, if you wanna apply to a top uni, top 20, do your EPQ based on what you want to do at uni. It will help to secure your place. Plus, if you know you wanna do somet at uni, you should find it fun anyways.
Hi, im thinking of doing an epq to help with my uni applications and I wanted to do something related to maths as thats what Im most likely going to be doing at uni.
Anyone have any maths related ideas? All of mine seem to have next to no sources
Thankyouu :smile:
Original post by bethany17
Hi, im thinking of doing an epq to help with my uni applications and I wanted to do something related to maths as thats what Im most likely going to be doing at uni.
Anyone have any maths related ideas? All of mine seem to have next to no sources
Thankyouu :smile:

What topics did you enjoy most in a level maths?

I did my maths epq about logarithms. (I mainly researched the history of them and some applications they have to real life)
I think I have found a EPQ question I want to do:

Should Gun Legalization be active in both the UK and USA?

Not sure what research to do or whether this a good question.I want to be a clinical psychologist.Ive picked biology,psychology,economics,eng lit for A-Level.I guess this EPQ relates to morality and whether guns are beneficial in general.
Original post by rayquaza17
What topics did you enjoy most in a level maths?

I did my maths epq about logarithms. (I mainly researched the history of them and some applications they have to real life)

Oo okay thankyou I was thinking of something to do with applied maths like ill have another look at some stuff :smile:
Original post by nbi
omggg i need help stat!!

ok so, my essay is in effectiveness of chemo in leukaemia and im looking at other treatments too - stem cell and trageted therapy. and right now, im starting on my final section but i can't seem to find the 5-year survival stats for each individual treatment so i am just stuck.

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

20 MORE DAYS AND I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY EPQ IN OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Try to look if NICE or similar organisations have quality adjusted life years (QALY) instead of just survival rates. May be more lucrative and is something that is more widely used when the NHS is choosing treatments.
Original post by laurenfloyd_
I'm wanting to do an EPQ on neurodegenerative diseases and how humans are living longer and how it makes us prone to new diseases/illnesses that never existed before? I have no idea on the question.. any help would be amazing!

That sounds like a great topic, and someone below has posted a good suggestion for a title!

One small point is that there are many neurodegenerative diseases brought on by age and they are all very complex (in fact, there is a lot we don't understand them). There are many different forms of dementia (dementia with lewy bodies, frontal lobe, alzheimers) each with different effects on the brain and there are many different ages of onset (I know a lady in her 50's with fast progressive dementia). Then there's parkinsons and huntingtons (though this is genetic) which we cannot fully understand yet due to our lack of knowledge about the brain and regulation of movement.

It may be worth looking into one of these diseases, potential treatments and methods of delaying onset (which can stop presentation of symptoms if long enough).
Hi does anyone know if you can be significantly below the word limit of 5,000 for AQA because I am struggling to write this. If not, what are the details about creating a product because I am thinking I should make a website and write a shorter essay... :confused:
Original post by marethyu
Please help! What interesting title could I use for an EPQ about euthanasia??
Thanks very much :smile::smile:

What are you focussing your EPQ around? Ethics?
If you haven't already try watching the film about the Dignitas clinic. And research it cause a massive percentage of people who go there to die aren't actually terminally ill.
Plus maybe look at Belgium because theyre legalising child euthanasia.
I've been asked to make a 'detailed plan' for my epq...how should I be setting this out and how detailed should it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the psychological impacts of smoking?

Is that a good EPQ question? or too vague? What can i do to improve it?
Original post by Jams97
I've been asked to make a 'detailed plan' for my epq...how should I be setting this out and how detailed should it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id get headings set out and summarise what you want to talk about beneath each. I cant remember whether you need to make a timeline of when you need things done by or not... Don't know what you're doing so cant be more help than that :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending