The Student Room Group

NHS Jobs Applications (Trainee post)

Hi!
This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong section.

Basically I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has been through the NHS Jobs recruitment process and is able to give any advice about the best way to approach it? Any information or experiences welcome!

Specifically, I am interested in applying for trainee healthcare scientist/ clinical scientist posts which are advertised outside of the STP recruitment. If there is anyone who is currently working in a similar position, or looking to be, I'd love the opportunity to talk to you.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by NCG144
Hi!
Basically I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has been through the NHS Jobs recruitment process and is able to give any advice about the best way to approach it? Any information or experiences welcome!
Thanks!

Hello!

I'm currently working for the NHS and am moving into a trainee Pharmacy Technician post at the beginning of September so I've been through the whole process twice in the past year and it hasn't really been that bad!

The first, and possibly biggest, obstacle is just getting the application form right. It can take a real long time to complete it so make sure you allow lots of time and check it through carefully. Each position gets so many applications that the interview panel have to be very brutal when selecting candidates, you wouldn't want to be rejected because you missed filling in something really basic! If you have ANY gaps in your employment history be sure to cover them with a positive explanation, honesty is better than hiding something!
Take time to read the job description and personal spec really carefully and base your supporting statement on what qualities you can bring to the position.

The actual interview can be pretty scary but you generally have a panel of 2 or maybe 3 people to impress. As long as you have done a bit of research and are prepared to answer questions about what you think the role involves and what you can bring to the department you should be okay. Confidence is key, look smart and get there early! Worked for me!

Hope this is some help! If not just ignore me :smile:
Reply 2
That's brilliant help! Thank you so much.
It's always good to hear other peoples experiences :smile:
I have just sent of my application form so fingers crossed haha!
Original post by lynseybb
Hello!

I'm currently working for the NHS and am moving into a trainee Pharmacy Technician post at the beginning of September so I've been through the whole process twice in the past year and it hasn't really been that bad!

The first, and possibly biggest, obstacle is just getting the application form right. It can take a real long time to complete it so make sure you allow lots of time and check it through carefully. Each position gets so many applications that the interview panel have to be very brutal when selecting candidates, you wouldn't want to be rejected because you missed filling in something really basic! If you have ANY gaps in your employment history be sure to cover them with a positive explanation, honesty is better than hiding something!
Take time to read the job description and personal spec really carefully and base your supporting statement on what qualities you can bring to the position.

The actual interview can be pretty scary but you generally have a panel of 2 or maybe 3 people to impress. As long as you have done a bit of research and are prepared to answer questions about what you think the role involves and what you can bring to the department you should be okay. Confidence is key, look smart and get there early! Worked for me!

Hope this is some help! If not just ignore me :smile:

Hey,
I’ve also applied to a Preregistration Pharmacy Technician role at the NHS and I’m wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interview. I’m super nervous as I don’t have much knowledge about this role since I’m new. Is there anything I should research? Please give me an insight on what sort of questions they asked at your interview and how it went.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending