The Student Room Group

Access students - your final results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cathyhelen
I had my results confirmed at the presentation day but I did not receive my official certificate or transcript. I might have got the wrong end of the stick because I thought that I was collecting my transcript and certificate. However, I was told that I have to wait until the 8th of August. I was also told that I should contact my tutor if for any reason I do not receive my certificate or transcript after the 8th of August. :frown:

Same ive had my results confirmed but nothing was said about a transcript being sent out and we go back to the college in sept for our certificates. Im so glad i joined TSR otherwise i wouldnt have known any different!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darkwater
Is anybody else still waiting for their transcripts/certificates to arrive? I haven't received anything yet and have had an email from uni asking me to send them my results so i'm getting a bit impatient now! Well done everyone that has got their results and places!

Original post by samjones2be
Yes me!! I had a email this morn from Uni saying final decision cant be made etc and i need to send my results. Ive emailed the enquiry email incase as official results day isnt until next thursday!

Original post by cathyhelen
I had my results confirmed at the presentation day but I did not receive my official certificate or transcript.

I might have got the wrong end of the stick because I thought that I was collecting my certificate and transcript at the presentation. However, I was told that I have to wait until the 8th of August. I was also told that I should contact my tutor if for any reason I do not receive my certificate or transcript after the 8th of August. :frown:

Trust me, the only reason you guys don't have your transcripts yet is because your tutors are being lazy. You have to pester them about it before they give it to you. They're lying if they tell you they can't. They just can't be bothered. Right up until the end of College, my teacher kept saying the transcripts weren't ready yet. So what I did was go into college even when it was supposed to closed because I knew he was going to be in, just to show that I wasn't going to rest until I had it. He still insisted that he didn't have it but this time he told me to remind him in a few days by email. I emailed him on that day and didn't get any response, so I got his office number from the receptionist and called him directly the next day. He sounded so surprised to hear it was me. I asked if I should come in to get it and he finally agreed to get it done by the end of the day and email it me.

The teachers won't do it unless you're persistent because they know you can just wait for your certificates and use that instead.
I still haven't had my official results yet, because the External Moderator postponed verification twice. The college have said they'll post our results/transcripts out this week, so I'm hoping that they have now been verified. I'm getting a bit twitchy now.
Reply 43
Original post by lindsay2910
Congratulations everyone, I just wanted to say I did the access course part time over 2 years and have just finished my first year at uni with a first. This is mainly due to what I gained from the access course and how much it prepared me for uni. I won't lie it is not easy at uni but having done the access course you will be a lot more prepared than most on your courses and it is one of the most rewarding things you will do.

Good luck in your uni courses
Lindsay x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, I am starting the Access in September, like you i am doing it over 2 years.
Good Luck for the future x
Reply 44
Original post by Mathematiculous
Trust me, the only reason you guys don't have your transcripts yet is because your tutors are being lazy. You have to pester them about it before they give it to you. They're lying if they tell you they can't. They just can't be bothered. Right up until the end of College, my teacher kept saying the transcripts weren't ready yet. So what I did was go into college even when it was supposed to closed because I knew he was going to be in, just to show that I wasn't going to rest until I had it. He still insisted that he didn't have it but this time he told me to remind him in a few days by email. I emailed him on that day and didn't get any response, so I got his office number from the receptionist and called him directly the next day. He sounded so surprised to hear it was me. I asked if I should come in to get it and he finally agreed to get it done by the end of the day and email it me.

The teachers won't do it unless you're persistent because they know you can just wait for your certificates and use that instead.

I cant even pester my personal tutor as shes currently in florida! I dont know if they have access to their college emails at home. Im going to ring the college tomorrow and see what i can find out

Posted from TSR Mobile
We were only allowed to do 60 credits, 45 credits at level 3 with 5 subjects each awarding 9 credits. I am not sure why so many people have around 60 credits at Distinction! It's a bit worrying.

But anyway, I got 45 credits at Distinction and 15 at level 2.
I cant even pester my personal tutor as shes currently in florida! I dont know if they have access to their college emails at home. Im going to ring the college tomorrow and see what i can find out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I hope things work out. Your certificates should be arriving soon anyway so there's no point worrying too much about the transcripts any more :smile:

Original post by callum_law
We were only allowed to do 60 credits, 45 credits at level 3 with 5 subjects each awarding 9 credits. I am not sure why so many people have around 60 credits at Distinction! It's a bit worrying.

But anyway, I got 45 credits at Distinction and 15 at level 2.

Nothing to be worried about if you got what you need for your university. 45 distinctions is good :smile:
Reply 47
Yeah, I think the other person just mis-stated their credits.

Oh, I just logged into UCAS to find that Nottingham have officially confirmed my place! Wahoooooooo
Reply 48
Original post by Mathematiculate
Well I hope things work out. Your certificates should be arriving soon anyway so there's no point worrying too much about the transcripts any more :smile:

Nothing to be worried about if you got what you need for your university. 45 distinctions is good :smile:

I found out we can pick our tranacripts up from college. But they have cocked them up with wrong results and missing ones aswell! If mine are the same then i am not going to be best pleased. Also nothing can be done about it until after the 18th when tutors are back from annual leave. I have a funny feeling mine are cocked up as swansea emailed me yesterday regarding missing results, and apparently agored cymru have sent our results to the uni!!! I am not a happy bunny

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mgsk

Oh, I just logged into UCAS to find that Nottingham have officially confirmed my place! Wahoooooooo

I don't think anyone has mis-stated their credits. There are many colleges offering 60 level 3 credits on their Access courses and there are also many that only offer 45 and 15 at level 2. The maximum Universities will still ask for is 45 credits at level 3, so it doesn't really make much of a difference. The only time you'd usually need more than 45 level 3 credits at distinctions is for scholarships.

Congrats on getting into Nottingham though. Great Uni :smile:

I found out we can pick our tranacripts up from college. But they have cocked them up with wrong results and missing ones aswell! If mine are the same then i am not going to be best pleased. Also nothing can be done about it until after the 18th when tutors are back from annual leave. I have a funny feeling mine are cocked up as swansea emailed me yesterday regarding missing results, and apparently agored cymru have sent our results to the uni!!! I am not a happy bunny

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very sorry about that. It's unfortunate that most colleges that run these Access Courses are very unorganised. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many things went wrong just in the first few months of my Access Course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
Very sorry about that. It's unfortunate that most colleges that run these Access Courses are very unorganised. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many things went wrong just in the first few months of my Access Course.

We had many problems with our course aswell but actually managed to finish well ahead of other groups! But the last thing i expect is for our results to be messed up! This is our future they are playing with. Im going to get mine tomorrow and pray they are ok but i doubt it as uni have already emailed about missing results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We had many problems with our course aswell but actually managed to finish well ahead of other groups! But the last thing i expect is for our results to be messed up! This is our future they are playing with. Im going to get mine tomorrow and pray they are ok but i doubt it as uni have already emailed about missing results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you find out there's a problem then I'd suggest maybe calling up your examination board and query them about it instead of waiting until your tutors return. Your exam board would be the source of the problem anyway, so I think it's best to talk to them directly.
Reply 52
If you find out there's a problem then I'd suggest maybe calling up your examination board and query them about it instead of waiting until your tutors return. Your exam board would be the source of the problem anyway, so I think it's best to talk to them directly.

Yeah ill definetly get in contact with them. As far as im aware aswell the exam board have sent our results to the uni already so its going to cause more complications if they are wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah ill definetly get in contact with them. As far as im aware aswell the exam board have sent our results to the uni already so its going to cause more complications if they are wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you haven't already done so, I think you should make sure to inform your uni of the muck up just to avoid any mishaps like them rejecting you because of what they thought were your final grades. Perhaps that's just my paranoia speaking though :redface:
Reply 54
If you haven't already done so, I think you should make sure to inform your uni of the muck up just to avoid any mishaps like them rejecting you because of what they thought were your final grades. Perhaps that's just my paranoia speaking though :redface:

I will definetly be informing them. No its my paranoia aswell. This is a real big step for me and to think my colleges incapability of issuing the correct results could affect it worries me. Soon as ive picked them up i will be emailing them if there are any problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will definetly be informing them. No its my paranoia aswell. This is a real big step for me and to think my colleges incapability of issuing the correct results could affect it worries me. Soon as ive picked them up i will be emailing them if there are any problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I hope everything goes smoothly from here on. At least attending an institution that's actually organised and reliable is one of the things we can look forward to this next academic year.
Reply 56
Well I hope everything goes smoothly from here on. At least attending an institution that's actually organised and reliable is one of the things we can look forward to this next academic year.

Haha i also hope that that will be the case! Smooth running for the next 3years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mgsk

For Uni places you only need 45 level 3 credits. Our college offered additional units which meant for some people who needed 30+ Distinctions that they could complete extra credits to replace some that they maybe didn't do as well in. I took all the additional modules feted for the purposes of a scholarship so ended the course with 75 distinctions. My certificate will only show 45 but I'll also have a transcript with the certificate to show the additional modules taken and grades.

Just had my conditional offer changed to unconditional. Even though I knew two months ago what my final grades were I still didn't believe I am actually starting Uni in September until I saw it in black and white!

Posted from TSR Mobile
At my college, all credits were Level 3. I took an extra subject, so ended up with 66 credits at distinction, but could only put 60 on my certificate. I needed 50+ distinctions for the scholarship at my firm-choice university.
Reply 59
Original post by RobertsClan
Just had my conditional offer changed to unconditional. Even though I knew two months ago what my final grades were I still didn't believe I am actually starting Uni in September until I saw it in black and white!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that feeling. In fact, even though I've seen it confirmed on the UCAS website, I'm still waiting for the confirmation letter from Nottingham through the mail until I jump around all crazy like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending