The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would anyone know where to buy the Arsenal 3rd kit? Cannot find it anywhere.
Original post by AR_95
*Insert post to make my self look knowledgeable*

I had an idea about the perfect midfield and I'm sure none of you have brains to imagine what it will picture out to be so I'll just arrange it in this format for your heads to understand

It goes a bit like this

Luke
Mu15 AR FKLW
Jam SuG

Just imagine this in the premier league though.

:coma::coma:

Put butty in goal aint nothing going past him

LOOOL I'm dead
Original post by BenAssirati

just wipe your arse with the pinky itself, no need to buy the kit
Original post by BenAssirati

Because it's our European kit, 14th August when we play in the CL Qualifier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Micah Richards
lol inb4 rawk is worst place on internet

Why would anyone think that? I think it's comedy gold personally.

Although i'm sure some of the **** that got said on RI/the Caf last season wasn't much different. Someone dug up a thread from last summer when we were linked with Fellaini & Strootman, asking who would be the preferred signing. Some of the responses are laughable, for example:

I've seen a bit of Strootman and he looks tidy, but I think I'd go with Fellaini. I think he's definitely ready to step into a top 3 club, and I like that you get versatility with him. He gives you sort of what Yaya Toure gives you, in that he can play anywhere up the middle, right up to the frontman. He's un-popularly utilised as a target man from time to time, but even when playing off the striker, he's got alot of ability, great control and very difficult to handle. Him and Carrick could be a good duo behind the front 4.
Original post by sr90
Why would anyone think that? I think it's comedy gold personally.

Although i'm sure some of the **** that got said on RI/the Caf last season wasn't much different. Someone dug up a thread from last summer when we were linked with Fellaini & Strootman, asking who would be the preferred signing. Some of the responses are laughable, for example

I made a post on the United thread about RAWK quite recently, just searched it and here it is;

'It has its good points and its bad points. I think some of the best posters are absolutely outstanding, their football knowledge far outstrips that of any journalist or blogger that you come across. And I don't mean that they're good writers or good at expressing their emotions, they 'get' football. As in, they are coaches themselves, they've done the licenses, they've brought kids up through the youth systems, they're living in Brazil and experiencing football from another perspective, etc. RAWK is worth reading for the opinions of these select few alone.

There's sometimes too big an emphasis on history [and obviously there's some real delusion, but no more so than other sites], but RAWK have been humbled. It's not as bad as it was a few years ago for sure. Its reputation is unwarranted imo, and twitter users like RAWK meltdown just get their guff off a minority of ****e-talkers. '

I've read the Caf a few times in recent weeks, RAWK is much more worth your time. United fans have an arrogant delusion about them which really does make them unbearable to interact with. There is natural optimism, excitement and club bias, all of which fans from every club do, and all of which are somewhat acceptable when looking at a fanbase, but United fans go beyond that. I know that on TSR I've repeatedly said that Arsenal fans are the worst (and they were on here for sure, at least until LvGOAT came about), but the fans on RedCafe are something else.

There's a lot more than just that Strootman post you can dig up off RC...
(edited 9 years ago)
I've read the Caf a few times in recent weeks, RAWK is much more worth your time. United fans have an arrogant delusion about them which really does make them unbearable to interact with. There is natural optimism, excitement and club bias, all of which fans from every club do, and all of which are somewhat acceptable when looking at a fanbase, but United fans go beyond that. I know that on TSR I've repeatedly said that Arsenal fans are the worst (and they were on here for sure, at least until LvGOAT came about), but the fans on RedCafe are something else.

There's a lot more than just that Strootman post you can dig up off RC..

I don't think there is much difference between the sites if i'm honest with you. The thing I like about the Caf is the mains system, so any trolls/wums/generally **** posters don't get promoted and will stay in the newbs. At least the mains has a lot of good discussions and top posters, the club bias won't be any different compared to RAWK/Arsenal Mania/Bluemoon etc. However, you haven't seen anything until you've seen some of the crap that gets posted in the newbs.

Then there's Red Issue which isn't even worth talking about.
rawks run like a dictatorship everything is locked straight away

bluemoons funny though just a bunch of angry chavs talking about agendas against city
Original post by Zürich
Never seen many Arsenal fans with that kind of arrogance really. Thing with Chelsea fans Ive noticed is that the ''no one likes us we dont care'' is sort of used as a shield against general ****-ishness. Like that blog ''aint got no history'', how is that something to be embraced on the one hand and then used as a stick vs City at other times too? :confused:

The Mourinho worship makes me lol as well. Lampard released as he's too old =genius/ Drogba brought back at 36=genius. Lukaku heralds immediately start praising Mou's decision on dubious grounds after he sells him etc. Read someone raving about Mou bringing back Courtois the other week as proof of his commitment to young players...just stop.

There are Wenger fanboys like me too, but the Arsenal fanbase generally do put his decisions under scrutiny always.

Dont really go on Arsenal mania but there is a desperation about the posters on there I must admit. But they're generally not as aggressive as on Shed End, never seen a more venomous lot. :rolleyes:

the only thing that's a problem there is the mourinho worship.

you're basically taking a few guys opinions and using it as the reason as to why the forum is bad lol. Like with the lampard thing being plastic or w/e, it's a few posters, but they're being lambasted by most of the rest.

may as well do that for arsenal-mania (although there's more of a collective opinion there for some of these):

-drogba is an above average striker
-wenger is a better manager than ferguson
-giroud is only worse than aguero, rvp

seemingly insecure when it comes to their rivals too :rolleyes:

venomous? relax fam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin

-drogba is an above average striker

Well he wasn't world class was he...
Original post by Peggles_*
Because it's our European kit, 14th August when we play in the CL Qualifier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, thanks.
I made a post on the United thread about RAWK quite recently, just searched it and here it is;

'It has its good points and its bad points. I think some of the best posters are absolutely outstanding, their football knowledge far outstrips that of any journalist or blogger that you come across. And I don't mean that they're good writers or good at expressing their emotions, they 'get' football. As in, they are coaches themselves, they've done the licenses, they've brought kids up through the youth systems, they're living in Brazil and experiencing football from another perspective, etc. RAWK is worth reading for the opinions of these select few alone.

There's sometimes too big an emphasis on history [and obviously there's some real delusion, but no more so than other sites], but RAWK have been humbled. It's not as bad as it was a few years ago for sure. Its reputation is unwarranted imo, and twitter users like RAWK meltdown just get their guff off a minority of ****e-talkers. '

There's a lot more than just that Strootman post you can dig up off RC...

Who are these posters on that forum? Would be interesting to read their posts.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Who are these posters on that forum? Would be interesting to read their posts.

I'll PM you
Original post by little_tom

You replied to the other points or did you just pick the only grey area because you realised that what he's saying is totally valid?
Original post by little_tom

he near enough was.

and even if he isn't, then he's more than just above average... :erm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Drogba was a weird player.

Obviously provides a lot to the team. His goalscoring record was either exceptional or poor. I would say to an extent that he was inconsistent. But easily world class on his day.

higher echelons of strikers but would go short to calling him world class. Although has had world class seasons but there was never a period of 2/3 years he's been consistently in world class form.
Original post by sr90
I don't think there is much difference between the sites if i'm honest with you. The thing I like about the Caf is the mains system, so any trolls/wums/generally **** posters don't get promoted and will stay in the newbs. At least the mains has a lot of good discussions and top posters, the club bias won't be any different compared to RAWK/Arsenal Mania/Bluemoon etc. However, you haven't seen anything until you've seen some of the crap that gets posted in the newbs.

Then there's Red Issue which isn't even worth talking about.

The Caf is also pretty/very small for a 'main' forum. RAWK is gigantic, there'll be a post a minute even in the deadest hours of the night, much more opportunity for outlandish opinions and mass mob delusion. Like Butty says, it's pretty dictatorial, they'll prevent discussions on, eg, Suarez leaving, for months and months, just so that people don't have the opportunity to speculate and chat ****. Likewise, only allowed to talk about transfers during the window. It's a bit patronising but it's perhaps better than the alternative given the impossibilities of moderation and obviously it's a form of quality control as well.

Can't say for AM, but I do remember Bluemoon. Quality forum. The level of bitterness...

I've never been on Red Issue because they want me to make an account ffs
Original post by jam278
You replied to the other points or did you just pick the only grey area because you realised that what he's saying is totally valid?

I don't read arsenalmania so I have no opinion on that. The statement I quoted is not delusion which is what I pointed out.
I've never been on Red Issue because they want me to make an account ffs

Don't bother, honestly.
Original post by jam278
Drogba was a weird player.

Obviously provides a lot to the team. His goalscoring record was either exceptional or poor. I would say to an extent that he was inconsistent. But easily world class on his day.

higher echelons of strikers but would go short to calling him world class. Although has had world class seasons but there was never a period of 2/3 years he's been consistently in world class form.

He was world class, there was no doubt about it. He wasn't inconsistent 'to an extent' - he was riddled by it throughout his career. But he was a pure match winner, even in his **** seasons, and he thrived on the big occasion. And ultimately that is his legacy - whenever Chelsea needed him the most, he was at his best.

Physically and technically, he had everything. Everything. Didn't use his dribbling skills to full effect sometimes. No doubt his inconsistency wasn't helped by a constantly changing manager and system.

Definitely world class.

Latest