The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University - Freshers week!!

Does anyone know anything about BCU freshers week??

What does it involve?

Is it just me thats so excited lol

Scroll to see replies

I'm super excited, and have been ever since i signed up to UCAS xD
From what i gather, Freshers (or welcome week as the Uni is trying to call it) is all about getting to know people and stuffs. There's a freshers fair on the wednesday at Millenium point which is where all the student societies/clubs are to try and get you to join them. I'm not too sure on the whole club/drinking side of things, but i think certain places do cheap drinks for freshers or something. I dunno. http://www.bcusu.com/welcome/holding/
SO MUCH EXCITE!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahhh thank u! Ive joined up the the website which says they wi email any updates etc and joined all Facebook groups possible haha!
What are you studying?
Ah yeah, thought you probably had but sent it just in case :smile:
Im studying Fine Art and stopping in Jennens Court, how about you? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Dantheman1993
Ah yeah, thought you probably had but sent it just in case :smile:
Im studying Fine Art and stopping in Jennens Court, how about you? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing business management! Commuting from home, i dont live far from the uni :biggrin:
Original post by Kirstie.lea
Im doing business management! Commuting from home, i dont live far from the uni :biggrin:

Ah cool :biggrin: I only live 20 minutes on the train away from Brum but i kinda wanted the whole experience of living in halls too. Even if i am going 3 years later than most people xD
Reply 6
Original post by Dantheman1993
Ah cool :biggrin: I only live 20 minutes on the train away from Brum but i kinda wanted the whole experience of living in halls too. Even if i am going 3 years later than most people xD

Lol im a late starter too. Id love to do the whole experience properly but i have a 3yr old daughter.
Lol im a late starter too. Id love to do the whole experience properly but i have a 3yr old daughter.

Ah sweet :smile:
The freshers events for nights out total 9 days iirc. Some nights that are good (propaganda at 02 which is usually closing night). Most clubs on broad street will be rammed with students though so even if a fresher event isnt that good there will be somewhere good to go.
Reply 9

I am doing business management as well, and I am living at home too ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407067435.427543.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just me excited at the idea of freebies :tongue: Wonder what we will get? x
Reply 11
Original post by Carly181286
Is it just me excited at the idea of freebies :tongue: Wonder what we will get? x

Lol!!

Me too!!
Lol!!

Me too!!

Other unis have had hoodies, tshirts, pens, notepads, vouchers, pizza, energy drinks, choc/sweets omg!!! Im excited ha!!!
Reply 13
Other unis have had hoodies, tshirts, pens, notepads, vouchers, pizza, energy drinks, choc/sweets omg!!! Im excited ha!!!

Lmao!! That would be good if we got that!

What will u be studying?
Il be doing Diagnostic Radiography. x

You guys all hyped up is making me excited for next year hopefully

:bumps:

What happens if you cant afford any like event tickets, alcohol or freshers wristbands, do you think one could have the same experience :/
I've has a few facebook invites to some stuff, there is a list of events on the BCU SU website. As for the wristband thing, doesnt it say on the website to only buy them from the SU website and not to trust anyone else?
Yeah, there are so many dodgy scams about. I've been added by a couple of fake students on Fb which have been set up just to add as many students as possible then spread adverts.
I'm so confused about which things to trust :frown:
Soooo excited about September though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending