The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Plans for first night of Freshers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anniken
Ah, you haven't got your results yet? When do you get them?:smile:

No i haven't :frown: i thought that everyone gets them next week Thursday? how do you have yours already? :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Jordan Hay
Mines get settled in and then find a few people and do the only thing that seems sensible get drunk?? What's your plans for the first night???

Is that meant to be a joke...
Reply 42
Original post by Anandee929
hummm, because i'm a girl i will loose? :P LOL
yeah they are both challenging degrees, quite nervous about it to be honest, I was watching this program called secret life of uni students AND ITS MAKING ME STRESS OUT :tongue: ...

Haha shush has nothing to do with what sex you are hahaa:smile: and haha yeah I know how you feel and haha don't watch it then lol :smile::smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Hachik0
Is that meant to be a joke...

Quite comical I thought ??
Quite comical I thought ??

Why be at university if all you want to do is get drunk.
Haha shush has nothing to do with what sex you are hahaa:smile: and haha yeah I know how you feel and haha don't watch it then lol :smile::smile:

Yes, well, good :P i shall prove you wrong then :P nooooo i like watching it too :P its funny at times, and interesting :P watch it, its about Leicester University, and it was just filmed last year i think.
Original post by Hachik0

Sorry to interrupt your conversation :P but I think we're just discussing about freshers week :P And of course its not all we're gonna do :smile:
you can't not get drunk, in the same way you cant just get drunk :P right? :s-smilie:
Sorry to interrupt your conversation :P but I think we're just discussing about freshers week :P And of course its not all we're gonna do :smile:
you can't not get drunk, in the same way you cant just get drunk :P right? :s-smilie:

Freshers week or not, why should it matter. At the end of the day there is no excuse for getting drunk. Most people can have just a good a time, even better in most cases than those who decide to get drunk.
Original post by Hachik0
Freshers week or not, why should it matter. At the end of the day there is no excuse for getting drunk. Most people can have just a good a time, even better in most cases than those who decide to get drunk.

I get that you don't have to drink to have a good time, But sometimes you just feel like drinking, and you may or may not end up getting drunk. I'm not saying there needs to be an excuse. I've been out many times and not been drunk, but i have also had times where i have got drunk, and i've enjoyed majority of my night outs, drunk or not :smile: Anyway i guess its up each individual to do what they want :P :smile:
I get that you don't have to drink to have a good time, But sometimes you just feel like drinking, and you may or may not end up getting drunk. I'm not saying there needs to be an excuse. I've been out many times and not been drunk, but i have also had times where i have got drunk, and i've enjoyed majority of my night outs, drunk or not :smile: Anyway i guess its up each individual to do what they want :P :smile:

Let me ask you this. Why do you decide to get drunk? Secondly, your comment on 'you can't not get drunk' is probably one of the stupidest things i have had the pleasure in reading.
Original post by Hachik0
Let me ask you this. Why do you decide to get drunk? Secondly, your comment on 'you can't not get drunk' is probably one of the stupidest things i have had the pleasure in reading.

I don't decide to get drunk, and i don't drunk as much as you may think :P I don't go out as much as you may think. And what i meant by that is sometimes you just drink too much and thats the result. yes, You can not get drunk, but over the years you may :s-smilie: lol, im not trying to argue :P .. im just questioning and understanding...
Reply 51
Original post by Hachik0

If there were statistics for freshers week you'd see that 70% of new students consume more then 1 unit of alcohol in that week , and no one said that the entire university duration we just want to be drunk your reading and deciding from how you perceive this thread that is what we want to do , nextly if u do read the thread your see that a lot of the conversation involved is general chit-chat. Finally yes I do aim to have a drink during that week but I also aim to achieve either a 2:1 or a first in my degree and I that can't be done if we are constantly intoxicated...... Thankyou
I don't decide to get drunk, and i don't drunk as much as you may think :P I don't go out as much as you may think. And what i meant by that is sometimes you just drink too much and thats the result. yes, You can not get drunk, but over the years you may :s-smilie: lol, im not trying to argue :P .. im just questioning and understanding...

I'm trying to understand as well. I have no problem with people who drink i just don't understand for the life of me why people choose to get drunk. What good can come from getting drunk?
Reply 53
Yes, well, good :P i shall prove you wrong then :P nooooo i like watching it too :P its funny at times, and interesting :P watch it, its about Leicester University, and it was just filmed last year i think.

Haha we will see if you prove me wrong and haha I might actually watch it if your saying its interesting ??? When's it on and stuff ??
If there were statistics for freshers week you'd see that 70% of new students consume more then 1 unit of alcohol in that week , and no one said that the entire university duration we just want to be drunk your reading and deciding from how you perceive this thread that is what we want to do , nextly if u do read the thread your see that a lot of the conversation involved is general chit-chat. Finally yes I do aim to have a drink during that week but I also aim to achieve either a 2:1 or a first in my degree and I that can't be done if we are constantly intoxicated...... Thankyou

I have nothing against people who want to drink. But getting drunk is a different matter.
Original post by Hachik0
I'm trying to understand as well. I have no problem with people who drink i just don't understand for the life of me why people choose to get drunk. What good can come from getting drunk?

That's the thing, not all people choose to get drunk, they just do :P And people that choose to get drunk, well there are many reasons for that, (this doesn't apply to everyone though) for example, a break up, to forget a stressful situation, confidence etc..... And some just do it to be silly. I personally don't think that these are good enough reasons to get drunk, but it happens. Its just the way some people are.
Reply 56
Original post by Hachik0
I have nothing against people who want to drink. But getting drunk is a different matter.

Yes I completely agree with you and the vocabulary I used opening this thread may have been wrong and misleading, so I apologise on my behalf for anything been said. And yes drinking is fine but excessively drinking is bad..
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha we will see if you prove me wrong and haha I might actually watch it if your saying its interesting ??? When's it on and stuff ??

Yes we will! :P Its kinda interesting, although i watch it when nothing else is on :P urmm i think its on channel 4, Thursday evenings, i think!
That's the thing, not all people choose to get drunk, they just do :P And people that choose to get drunk, well there are many reasons for that, (this doesn't apply to everyone though) for example, a break up, to forget a stressful situation, confidence etc..... And some just do it to be silly. I personally don't think that these are good enough reasons to get drunk, but it happens. Its just the way some people are.

But that's the interesting thing. Everybody at some stage will go through stressful periods, whats interesting is how some people turn to drink while others don't. For example, say that i have no support or anybody to turn to, would i turn to drink, no, but plenty of people would. I guess it's more down to the individual if anything to decide right from wrong and the correct path to take.
Reply 59
Yes we will! :P Its kinda interesting, although i watch it when nothing else is on :P urmm i think its on channel 4, Thursday evenings, i think!

Mwah and Thursdays eastenders is on haha :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending