The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by mccrae01
Probably the best 5.5 mil striker and most wont buy him because they think Stoke only play defensively, even though under Hughes that isnt really true.

Most won't buy him probably because he's been terrible everywhere he's played for the last 4/5 years and if anything he seems less suited to the premier league than any of those other leagues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saf94
Most won't buy him probably because he's been terrible everywhere he's played for the last 4/5 years and if anything he seems less suited to the premier league than any of those other leagues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah basically this, he's dross. He's not going to start from the off either
In.

Mein Berkampf.
I'm in. Rooney, Bojan & Costa up front. Hells yeah!

(team name kala power)
Reply 684
Latest incarnation. Still trying to think of a way to get Man City presence in there.

Reply 685
Bit late but i'm in.

Team name is The White Walkers.
advice guys?

i don't really want 3 liverpool players (gerrard, sterling, sturridge) because they're all pretty expensive and if liverpool have a bad game it could totally mess me up.

i definitely want to keep sturridge but i aint sure about sterling or gerrard.
gerrard takes penalties and gets a lot of assists so i'm tempted with him, although he may not get as much PL game time this year.
not to mention that sterlinmg is getting better and better

should i drop gerrard and put in sanchez instead if i can make a bit of money elsewhere?

P.S: has gerrard always been 9m or has he changed recently?
(edited 9 years ago)
My final team, unless there is some major transfers, what do you think?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
advice guys?

i don't really want 3 liverpool players (gerrard, sterling, sturridge) because they're all pretty expensive and if liverpool have a bad game it could totally mess me up.

gerrard takes penalties and gets a lot of assists so i'm tempted with him, although he may not get as much PL game time this year.

should i drop gerrard and put in sanchez instead if i can make a bit of money elsewhere?

Three Liverpool attackers is overkill, get Sanchez in for one of them definitely
Original post by Saf94

Original post by Micah Richards
Yeah basically this, he's dross. He's not going to start from the off either

Really don't get the Bojan love either, he's not done anything of note since leaving Barcelona. Are people picking him on reputation? I'd rather get Diouf, or stretch to 6m for the likes of Austin, Ings, Jelavic.

Original post by Qari
looks like LVG is going to play 3-5-2 so united defender it's going to be tough to decide who to pick

De Gea, Evans, Jones & Shaw are nailed on.
Reply 690
Original post by sr90
Really don't get the Bojan love either, he's not done anything of note since leaving Barcelona. Are people picking him on reputation? I'd rather get Diouf, or stretch to 6m for the likes of Austin, Ings, Jelavic.

You sure bro?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
advice guys?

Prices change massively every year depending on previous season points totals, previous ownership levels, transfer fees, reputation and basically anything else. If you click on "i" next to the player name and go on the history tab it shows you what price they finished previous seasons at but this is quite different from the prices they started at.
It is rarely a good idea to go for 3 players from the same team in similar positions because they are unlikely to all have a good week and a bad Liverpool game means that nearly 30m of your budget was wasted in 1 week. I would drop Gerrard because, assuming Skrtel gets dropped for Sakho and Lovren, there should be less set piece goals and without Suarez there will be less free kicks and penalties to get goals or assists from.
I think Sterling could be the must have player of the year. He seems to get better every week and he is becoming more of a focal point for the Liverpool attack and he can play almost anywhere. I would love to see him get some game time centrally again this season but unless Rodgers signs a good striker, that is unlikely to happen.
Barring injury; Sturridge, Aguero and Rooney/RVP should be the 3 top scorers this season by a long way and almost no one can afford all 3. Stick with Sturridge and Sterling, drop Gerrard as he will be subbed off more, he will set even deeper (more attacking fullbacks like Moreno) and he will get less set pieces with Suarez gone.
Original post by sr90

He's a gamble, but at only 23 if he can recover his previous potential at his new club, he'll be an absolute bargain at £5.5 million. His pre-season displays have been encouraging as well, if he maintains that form into the upcoming league games his value will fly up.
Reply 693
Original post by Qari
You sure bro?

I think he's very shaw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex Doran
Barring injury; Sturridge, Aguero and Rooney/RVP should be the 3 top scorers this season by a long way

Hehe
Original post by Micah Richards
Hehe

Disagree?
Original post by Qari
You sure bro?

Yes. I'm a United supporter.
Original post by Alex Doran
Disagree?

Well, no, it was mainly the way you named four players and then said that they'd be the top three players.

And yeah, I do disagree. Fabregas, Mata, Hazard, Sanchez should all score a huge amount of points too, and you can't say 'barring injury' - it's not a valid disclaimer. van Persie, Sturridge and Aguero are all injury prone.
Reply 698
Original post by sr90
Yes. I'm a United supporter.

so am i

Original post by Saf94
I think he's very shaw

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice :tongue:

BTW anyone else connsidering Jordan Mutch
Original post by Qari
BTW anyone else connsidering Jordan Mutch

Decent player and a decent option but you can pay 0.5 more and get Henderson or Siggy

Quick Reply