The Student Room Group

Post a Random Fact about Yourself

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Andy98
Yeah - I managed to get diagnosed young so I got all the perks at primary, but I was reading Harry Potter while everyone in my class was reading Roald Dahl type stuff

I'm glad she got diagnosed when she did, because everything would be so hard for her without her diagnoses, even though my mam doesn't want to give her a label, but it's better to have an explanation than for her to be put down so much for it.
She had one of the only A*s in her class science project and I swear I've never been so proud of her than I was in that moment
Original post by Andy98
Good. I'm not trying to put her down or anything but most people with dyspraxia just wouldn't cope otherwise - me included

Did you just say its ok to put down someone with dyspraxia? That's horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by esjae
I'm glad she got diagnosed when she did, because everything would be so hard for her without her diagnoses, even though my mam doesn't want to give her a label, but it's better to have an explanation than for her to be put down so much for it.
She had one of the only A*s in her class science project and I swear I've never been so proud of her than I was in that moment

A*? In primary?:eek::adore:

But yeah - it is better to have the label - I think if you look at the legalities and stuff she should be entitled to a Disability Living Allowance (or something like that). Plus it helps prevent the bullying and stuff
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
As it says in the title, just post a random (true) piece of information about yourself.

:tongue: I am allergic to onions.

I can clap with one hand
Reply 324
Original post by Andy98
A*? In primary?:eek::adore:

But yeah - it is better to have the label - I think if you look at the legalities and stuff she should be entitled to a Disability Living Allowance (or something like that). Plus it helps prevent the bullying and stuff

I think she's going to be a mini me, god help us if she is!
Yeah, we've applied for her blue badge and are in the process of looking at what other help we can get for her.
We did have a slight issue with her new school about footwear, but once we explained exactly why she needed her boots due to her pigeon toedness, weak ankles etc we were able to allow her to wear them
Original post by esjae
I think she's going to be a mini me, god help us if she is!
Yeah, we've applied for her blue badge and are in the process of looking at what other help we can get for her.
We did have a slight issue with her new school about footwear, but once we explained exactly why she needed her boots due to her pigeon toedness, weak ankles etc we were able to allow her to wear them

I think you may be able to use motability as well (I am). What's so bad about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 326
Original post by Andy98
I think you may be able to use motability as well (I am). What's so bad about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothings bad about me, I'm just deemed as intelligent, I was getting the same sort of grades as her, I was one of the best in my class for a lot of things
Original post by esjae
Nothings bad about me, I'm just deemed as intelligent, I was getting the same sort of grades as her, I was one of the best in my class for a lot of things

Ahh - the way you worded it made it sound like a bad thing. But yeah I've always been like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
Original post by Andy98
Ahh - the way you worded it made it sound like a bad thing. But yeah I've always been like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does come with it's downfalls, but hey ho, you win some you lose some
Original post by daisychain_
I'm 17 and i have travelled to two countries by myself

If you live on the mainland Europe this isn't the most difficult thing to do. Maybe miss a stop on the train in France and oopsie Belgium
Original post by esjae
It does come with it's downfalls, but hey ho, you win some you lose some

Yeah - that's my attitude for everything. Alongside "expect the worst, anything else is a pleasant surprise - that way you're never disappointed"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like to swat big spiders with my chem textbook
Reply 332
Original post by Andy98
Yeah - that's my attitude for everything. Alongside "expect the worst, anything else is a pleasant surprise - that way you're never disappointed"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly!
I am left-handed but I play guitar right-handed.

I also have a massive scar down my chest
[[I was attacked by rabid surgeons who tore my chest open and filled my heart with polyfilla. I was 5]]
Original post by esjae
Exactly!

I know, it's not pessimistic - it's realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not academically gifted :frown:
I was born with flat feet.
Reply 337
Original post by Andy98
I know, it's not pessimistic - it's realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is exactly what you need to be in this day and age tbh
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
If you live on the mainland Europe this isn't the most difficult thing to do. Maybe miss a stop on the train in France and oopsie Belgium

True, but they were both 4 hour plane journeys
i can burp really loud! :burp:

Quick Reply

Latest