The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by randdom
It can be :frown:

I threw my dinner up last night and have felt queasy all day today :frown:.

Also, what tends to be more accurate - due dates based on scans or LMP? Because I've never had one based on lmp because I missed two, but I did a bit of exploring in the calendar and that would set my due date back a few days...

But maybe that's just wishful thinking. So looking forward to being able to bend over again.
Original post by Kater Murr
I threw my dinner up last night and have felt queasy all day today :frown:.

Also, what tends to be more accurate - due dates based on scans or LMP? Because I've never had one based on lmp because I missed two, but I did a bit of exploring in the calendar and that would set my due date back a few days...

But maybe that's just wishful thinking. So looking forward to being able to bend over again.

From my experience with work and friends unless you know exactly when you concieved and the scan differed the scan is the more accurate .
Having a really rough time of it at work. so fed up now and stuck between a rock and a hard place :frown:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Having a really rough time of it at work. so fed up now and stuck between a rock and a hard place :frown:

Is it that they aren't supporting you well enough or are other things going on? I don't know who you are working for at the moment but if it is a bit company they might have an occupational health department who you can ask to be seen by?
Original post by randdom
Is it that they aren't supporting you well enough or are other things going on? I don't know who you are working for at the moment but if it is a bit company they might have an occupational health department who you can ask to be seen by?

They keep putting me in with severe dementia patients who regularly lash out. Had a 6ft4 very large man try hit me last week, then last night I had another who kicked me right in the tummy and their dog bit me. Then there's all the other stupid ones like houses which are so full of smoke from smoking you can't breath or where there is a lot of lifting. They have reduced my hours from 30 to 11 after asking them to cut down one day a week (should have been about 7 hours) and really dangerous houses.

I don't get why they are doing it but I've asked them so many times to not do about 4/5 houses that I do every day and instead do some of the other 30+ in my area but they won't.

Can't leave for obvious reasons and can't seem to do much more than I've done with them but definitely can't afford not to work.
They keep putting me in with severe dementia patients who regularly lash out. Had a 6ft4 very large man try hit me last week, then last night I had another who kicked me right in the tummy and their dog bit me. Then there's all the other stupid ones like houses which are so full of smoke from smoking you can't breath or where there is a lot of lifting. They have reduced my hours from 30 to 11 after asking them to cut down one day a week (should have been about 7 hours) and really dangerous houses.

I don't get why they are doing it but I've asked them so many times to not do about 4/5 houses that I do every day and instead do some of the other 30+ in my area but they won't.

Can't leave for obvious reasons and can't seem to do much more than I've done with them but definitely can't afford not to work.

That must be really tricky

Have you put your request in writing and ask them to respond in writing why they think it is acceptable to send you to such dangerous houses. Are they a big company because if they are I really would recommend going down the occupational health route. If things are getting really bad your GP can issue a fit to work note which states that you only work 7 hours a week.

You really need to have a chat with your manager AND colleagues. We have about 3 girls on our nursing staff who are at different stages in pregnancy and we allocate based on that. For example we'll always give them the less heavy patients (your independant and mobile ones) and the non-confused etc. I once had a shift where It was myself and all three of them- and had to take all the really bad patients by myself, but thats what being a team is about.

I work in an area where we can often have very violent patients (although only 2 weeks left..hurrah!) and it must be terrifying to think you're technically taking your child into those situations aswell.
9 weeks old today!

Spoiler

Original post by randdom
9 weeks old today!

Spoiler

Awww, he's so lovely!

A friend of mine who was due one day before me just gave birth last night to, for gestational age, an average weight 6lb baby boy. That really brings it home how close everything is now - Herbie could come out any time and is basically a small but fully grown baby!

My partner's cousin just gave birth to her twins yesterday as well - she named one of them Sebastian, which is our name! I've never met her and she lives stateside so tbh it's not putting me off too much; I think we'll just use it anyway.
37+1 today. I am increasingly getting back and period pain in waves, but it's not regular and doesn't always come with contractions. I don't know whether this means Herbie might come out in the next week or so or whether I'm just going to be *this* uncomfortable for the next 3/4 weeks. Argh.
37+1 today. I am increasingly getting back and period pain in waves, but it's not regular and doesn't always come with contractions. I don't know whether this means Herbie might come out in the next week or so or whether I'm just going to be *this* uncomfortable for the next 3/4 weeks. Argh.

I really hope that it is the former. Unfortunately in my case it went on for nearly 5 weeks. However it happened with my friend and she delivered at 37+5. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I had one 'proper' contraction last night - I mentioned I get a lot of BH, but as I was readying for bed last night (well, actually sleeping on the sofa for two nights while the landings are varnished) I had a contraction lasting maybe a minute or two which came on at the very same time as strong period pains, and went away with them, too. It was odd - because the tightening sensation felt pretty much identical to BH, it could almost have been that the tightening and the pain were separate things that just happened to have happened at the same time, but it seems to me that that sounds like a proper contraction? Albeit probably a mild one, but still.

So today I'm all, hey, maybe I'll go into labour. I feel a bit sick upon waking and when I stood up I got period type pains again, so we'll see...
I think I had one 'proper' contraction last night - I mentioned I get a lot of BH, but as I was readying for bed last night (well, actually sleeping on the sofa for two nights while the landings are varnished) I had a contraction lasting maybe a minute or two which came on at the very same time as strong period pains, and went away with them, too. It was odd - because the tightening sensation felt pretty much identical to BH, it could almost have been that the tightening and the pain were separate things that just happened to have happened at the same time, but it seems to me that that sounds like a proper contraction? Albeit probably a mild one, but still.

So today I'm all, hey, maybe I'll go into labour. I feel a bit sick upon waking and when I stood up I got period type pains again, so we'll see...

Fingers crossed for you :smile:
random your baby is adorable :smile:

Kater - ooh good luck, fingers crossed for you for a quick smooth easy labour.
Eek, nothing yet. Still some odd pains when I walk and lots of downward pressure, but less cramps and back ache today than yesterday. I've been feeling utterly ravenous since yesterday as well, though, and I think my mucus plus is coming out very slowly, little bit by little bit. Though that doesn't really seem to mean much when it comes to when you actually go into labour.

The wait goes on.
39+3 today. Herbie still in.

Getting so very tired of all this waiting around.
39+3 today. Herbie still in.

Getting so very tired of all this waiting around.

I really can relate, the waiting drove me mad. I tried to do something everyday even of it was just a trip to Asda. That helped me.
Original post by randdom
I really can relate, the waiting drove me mad. I tried to do something everyday even of it was just a trip to Asda. That helped me.

Yeah, I've been trying to get out and about as much as possible. Probably staying in today (having a bit of a hormonal time as of yesterday - just want to crawl into bed and cry, tbh) but we've got friends coming over tonight for games so that'll be nice anyway, and will definitely take my mind off things for an evening.
Herbie will be here before you know it, keep stalking you to see if any news yet.

28 week appoint today, got a really bad feeling about it.

Still can't decide if it's a good thing or not to still be able to do my size 8 jeans up, everyone sure is telling me not.
My Jason started primary school yesterday. That's 3 of them now! *cries*!

So bittersweet. I'm so proud of them but t they're growing so fast.

Just my little Nathan at home now, and even he's growing too fast! I thought he only had 7 teeth but I found an extra 3 this morning!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10626343_579626388830860_7243982642769349951_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10535658_579739968819502_4137129160844156415_o.jpg

Quick Reply