The Student Room Group

Most difficult A levels?

Which of the many A levels are commonly regarded as the most difficult?

Scroll to see replies

Well I wouldn't know from experience, but apparently chemistry and modern languages are pretty tough
Original post by ZebraWindy
Well I wouldn't know from experience, but apparently chemistry and modern languages are pretty tough

I take them, and although not hard, I'd say they're the hardest.

Also, Physics, Further Maths. Music maybe
Is English mix literature and language hard?
Original post by Troytheboy
Is English mix literature and language hard?

Depends on yourself.

It's quite a time heavy exam, but has coursework too, so lightens exam load.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Depends on yourself.

It's quite a time heavy exam, but has coursework too, so lightens exam load.

Would you say you need to be amazing at English prior before A-levels to do well. Or can have basic English skills and pull a A-B ?
Would you say you need to be amazing at English prior before A-levels to do well. Or can have basic English skills and pull a A-B ?

I don't think you need to be amazing. Just open to new ideas and able to form your own judgements while backing them up.
Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics... I'd also say English Literature and Languages can be very difficult.
I don't think you need to be amazing. Just open to new ideas and able to form your own judgements while backing them up.

Okay thanks,that's worth taking into consideration and I live in Cardiff too haha.
Okay thanks,that's worth taking into consideration and I live in Cardiff too haha.

Oh nice. Whitchurch? Cardiff high? Cathays? st Cyres? willows? None of the above?:L
Reply 10
I actually found chemistry and economics to be the two easiest
I found French by far and away the easiest and Politics the hardest. Most people who studied both found the opposite.
Oh nice. Whitchurch? Cardiff high? Cathays? st Cyres? willows? None of the above?:L

None of the above haha. Llanishen
chemistry- i almost commited suicide over that shizz.
jk not srs. but it was bloody hard.
None of the above haha. Llanishen

Ah nice, aren't they transferring llanedyrn kids there or summat?

_

Also, with thread title, I think it differs from AS to A2 as well. MFLs are much harder A2s for example compared to the AS
For me personally MATHS. Grrrrrr :biggrin:
Ah nice, aren't they transferring llanedyrn kids there or summat?

_

Also, with thread title, I think it differs from AS to A2 as well. MFLs are much harder A2s for example compared to the AS

I am unsure to be honest, I don't or haven't attended the high school. I do think Llanedyrn high school is shutting down though, I thought they were transferring to St. Teilos; To be honest I'm unsure haha. What part are you from?
I am unsure to be honest, I don't or haven't attended the high school. I do think Llanedyrn high school is shutting down though, I thought they were transferring to St. Teilos; To be honest I'm unsure haha. What part are you from?

Ah St Teilos maybe then

I'm down by big Asda
Ah St Teilos maybe then

I'm down by big Asda

Pentwyn?
I think we need a sticky for this topic. It seems to be a favourite topic amongst TSR members as I've lost count of the number of times a thread on this topic had been started!

Quick Reply

Latest