The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Plans for first night of Freshers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan Hay
Yes I completely agree with you and the vocabulary I used opening this thread may have been wrong and misleading, so I apologise on my behalf for anything been said. And yes drinking is fine but excessively drinking is bad..

It's fine. I just couldn't tell if you were being serious or not. Drinking responsibly brings a number of health benefits, but you have to be the one in control, not your friends, not the drink, you.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 61
Original post by Hachik0
It's fine. I just couldn't tell if you were being serious or not. Drinking responsibly brings a number of health benefits, but you have to be the one in control, not your friends, not the drink, you.

It was more of a nice breaker haha and yeah it does I take it you did A level biology ??
I'm guessing the main answer for everyone is meet new friends and then head out for drinks in the evening. I'd probably end up doing that.

Aside from the obvious, I'd go look at societies such as archery, scuba diving and the flying club.
It was more of a nice breaker haha and yeah it does I take it you did A level biology ??

Nope. Anything to do with science and i'm of no use.
Reply 64
Original post by Typhoon235
I'm guessing the main answer for everyone is meet new friends and then head out for drinks in the evening. I'd probably end up doing that.

Aside from the obvious, I'd go look at societies such as archery, scuba diving and the flying club.

Yeah that's right bud and Noway there's actually a scuba diving club ??? I play football but never knew that:biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by Hachik0
Nope. Anything to do with science and i'm of no use.
oh guessing law or English by the way you articulate yourself then
Yeah that's right bud and Noway there's actually a scuba diving club ??? I play football but never knew that:biggrin:

It's relatively new but the uni I want to go to has set one up. It's great fun to do and I'd love to be able to take it further :smile:

EDIT: Crap, I just realised this is for Liverpool. Didn't see that, my bad!
Reply 67
Original post by Typhoon235
It's relatively new but the uni I want to go to has set one up. It's great fun to do and I'd love to be able to take it further :smile:

EDIT: Crap, I just realised this is for Liverpool. Didn't see that, my bad!

Haha I'll have to see if they do it and lol what uni did you think it was :biggrin:
oh guessing law or English by the way you articulate yourself then

Getting closer. No to Law. Yes to English.
Haha I'll have to see if they do it and lol what uni did you think it was :biggrin:

I was just assuming it was in the main uni discussion section, with a title like that I had no idea it was just for a select university. *facepalm*
Reply 70
Original post by Anandee929
No i haven't :frown: i thought that everyone gets them next week Thursday? how do you have yours already? :s-smilie:

I got them in July since I did the IB, and non-IBers in Norway (I'm Norwegian) get them around mid-June! But, oh, so late! Good luck then! What have you applied for?:smile:
Reply 71
Imagine how annoying it would be if you buy a freshers writ band but none of your flatmates want to go so you have no one to go with lol. I would probably knock on the flat next door and ask complete strangers if I can go out with them
Reply 72
Original post by lizziec1996
Imagine how annoying it would be if you buy a freshers writ band but none of your flatmates want to go so you have no one to go with lol. I would probably knock on the flat next door and ask complete strangers if I can go out with them

Hahaha that would be hilarious but count me in ill be going haha should be loads of fun but if u don't find anyone to go with you can always just sit inside watching the soaps :/ hahaha
Reply 73
Hahaha that would be hilarious but count me in ill be going haha should be loads of fun but if u don't find anyone to go with you can always just sit inside watching the soaps :/ hahaha

Hahah what a great way to spend freshers. I'll go out by myself if I have to!
Reply 74
Original post by lizziec1996
Hahah what a great way to spend freshers. I'll go out by myself if I have to!

Ahaha sounds absolutely amazing and yeh pre drink by yourself and dance by yourself sounds good :tongue:
Original post by Anniken
I got them in July since I did the IB, and non-IBers in Norway (I'm Norwegian) get them around mid-June! But, oh, so late! Good luck then! What have you applied for?:smile:

ooooh so llucky!!! Did you get the grades you wanted then? :smile: Thank you! I have applied for Mathematics and Computer Science :smile: Yourself?
Mwah and Thursdays eastenders is on haha :biggrin: :biggrin:

OOOOHH :tongue: Heres an idea, Watch it on Demand? :wink: lol
Reply 77
Original post by Anandee929
ooooh so llucky!!! Did you get the grades you wanted then? :smile: Thank you! I have applied for Mathematics and Computer Science :smile: Yourself?

Maybe not exactly the grades I wanted, but at least I got the grades to get in!:smile: Ohh, sounds hard! Haha:smile: I'm going to study psychology!:smile:
Original post by Anniken
Maybe not exactly the grades I wanted, but at least I got the grades to get in!:smile: Ohh, sounds hard! Haha:smile: I'm going to study psychology!:smile:

Woo! that's good! :smile: yeah it will be :P .. ooh awesome, I was going to study mathematics and psychology :P but then I changed my mind :P are you excited about studying psychology? :biggrin:
Does anyone know when Freshers begins?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending