The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom_Ford
No thanks.

Why don't you like bartra

Pretty young and people were saying he should start last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
I would rather have Nastasic over Agger tbh..

Nastasic is a better prospect
Agger is experienced, good in the air but very slow when isolated with a good winger
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Nastasic is a better prospect
Agger is experienced, good in the air but very slow when isolated with a good winger

who's the one that always scores own goals, Skrtl or Agger? I can't tell them apart.
Why are we even considering Agger to bench for us if he can't even do a job on the bench for LFC?

It's about time Wenger found another young, Ligue 2, cheap as chips prospect.
Reply 2784
I doubt Wenger is considering Agger it's just usual paper bull****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viriditas
Why are we even considering Agger to bench for us if he can't even do a job on the bench for LFC?

Ornstein has said the club are looking for a player who can play both CB and DM. That's a massive hint for Carvalho
Reply 2786
Original post by sevchenko
Ornstein has said the club are looking for a player who can play both CB and DM. That's a massive hint for Carvalho

Hopefully. I've read reports that chambers can play both postions too but I highly doubt that Wenger will settle with having just chambers..

If one of kosc - merta suffers an injury we're ****ed.. Coz then it's back to Arteta/flamini :/
Original post by sevchenko

Or its a bait and switch :moon:
Original post by Viriditas

This.
Original post by Zürich
Not worth anywhere near £5m, the winners barely get £50m.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/uefa-prize-money-rhapsody-in-blue.html

Scroll down halfway to see a table called "Allocation of TV (market) pool in Champions League.

In 2010/2011, half of the pot (which was 43.3mil) was split between the 4 CL English teams (40-30-20-10% based on finishing 1-4th) and also in 2011/2012.

So that 10% was worth 4.3mil Euros. My only mistake was thinking that was in GBP but actually it's in Euros.

I think since then the figures have increased:

http://www.lawinsport.com/sports/item/uefa-champions-league-broadcasting-rights-revenues-explained?category_id=152

This source suggests that in 2012/13, the total TV pot for the domestic half was £71.7mil which would mean that extra 10% was worth £7.17mil

Feel free to show me any sources which contradict that. Obviously the other half of the TV pot money comes from how far you get in the CL.

Let's go to Turkey. P.s. Dyer is a waste.
Original post by Zerforax
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/uefa-prize-money-rhapsody-in-blue.html

Scroll down halfway to see a table called "Allocation of TV (market) pool in Champions League.

In 2010/2011, half of the pot (which was 43.3mil) was split between the 4 CL English teams (40-30-20-10% based on finishing 1-4th) and also in 2011/2012.

So that 10% was worth 4.3mil Euros. My only mistake was thinking that was in GBP but actually it's in Euros.

I think since then the figures have increased:

http://www.lawinsport.com/sports/item/uefa-champions-league-broadcasting-rights-revenues-explained?category_id=152

This source suggests that in 2012/13, the total TV pot for the domestic half was £71.7mil which would mean that extra 10% was worth £7.17mil

Feel free to show me any sources which contradict that. Obviously the other half of the TV pot money comes from how far you get in the CL.

:laugh: What about 4.3mn Hungarian forints or Zimbabwean dollars! €4.3mn is closer to half of £5m

But yeah it looks like it's increased. Still, never doubt the ability of AFC to sling a few prawn sandwiches vs Besiktas to make up the difference :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
besiktas should be an easy win, travel to turkey midweek is a bit **** though.

lol about verm though, our net spend is lookin nicer than I thought. wonder if he'll just be outcasted like the other arsenal boys, its so peak whats happening to Song lol. heard him and affelay have a choice of leaving the club or playing with the reserves all season.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

lol about verm though, our net spend is lookin nicer than I thought. wonder if he'll just be outcasted like the other arsenal boys, its so peak whats happening to Song lol. heard him and affelay have a choice of leaving the club or playing with the reserves all season.

Besiktas aren't no two-bob team made of Kebab salesmen! They will offer a sterner test than Fenerbache did last year, they finished 12 points clear of them the season just gone too. 40,000 Turks jumping up and down for 90 minutes won't be much fun either!! Also have one of our former boys in Oğuzhan Özyakup, who by all accounts is one of their better players. Two away games in the league after both them games won't make it easy.

I have absolutely no idea what they see in him, Vermaelen's defensive failings were often masked by the fact that he would score, I think in his first season he got 8! There is this jitteryness about the team anytime he played over the last two seasons, the Spurs away 12/13 and Chelsea home 12/13 stand out. He's racked up a fair few injuries in the last couple seasons and he's a crackhead (BS twitter rumour! :rolleyes:) £15m for him is quite astonishing. Still good luck to the guy.

Song smh, I have never seen anyone bombed out of a club so quickly, Song must have really pissed someone off!! Didn't him and Bould get into a fight when we were on pre season in Cologne? Out the door in a flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
Besiktas aren't no two-bob team made of Kebab salesmen! They will offer a sterner test than Fenerbache did last year, they finished 12 points clear of them the season just gone too. 40,000 Turks jumping up and down for 90 minutes won't be much fun either!! Also have one of our former boys in Oğuzhan Özyakup, who by all accounts is one of their better players. Two away games in the league after both them games won't make it easy.

Song smh, I have never seen anyone bombed out of a club so quickly, Song must have really pissed someone off!! Didn't him and Bould get into a fight when we were on pre season in Cologne? Out the door in a flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol stfu, we'll win 5-0 aggregate.

and what happened with Song? i dont remember anything peculiar.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

:rofl: that's so peak. I bet there is no sympathy here.

Besikts will beat you guys hopefully but I see an easy 1-0 win away and 2-1 win at home to Arsenal. Ba on the scoresheet.
anyone think we'll be a 5 star team on FIFA again? Haven't been since like FIFA 12 now.
Original post by barneystin
lol stfu, we'll win 5-0 aggregate.

and what happened with Song? i dont remember anything peculiar.

Lol no you stfu!

But seriously I don't think it'll be as easy as Fener last year.

If I remember correctly Song started giving it the biggun, having a serious attitude problem and just generally being a knob. According to @afcamden when it happened, him and Bouldy got into a physical fight and he was gone after that. Alexandre Dimitri Song Billong must be an idiot because anyone stupid enough to go up against Bould like that needs help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lampard, Sagna, Demichelis, Zabaleta, Kompany, Fernandinho and Agüero all out for this Sunday. I know it's a glorified friendly but I want to win it
Original post by Peggles_*

I have absolutely no idea what they see in him, Vermaelen's defensive failings were often masked by the fact that he would score, I think in his first season he got 8! There is this jitteryness about the team anytime he played over the last two seasons, the Spurs away 12/13 and Chelsea home 12/13 stand out. He's racked up a fair few injuries in the last couple seasons and he's a crackhead (BS twitter rumour! :rolleyes:) £15m for him is quite astonishing. Still good luck to the guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Away game will be tough I reckon but permitting any fresh injury concerns we should be able to take them at home fairly easily. Demba Ba will go and score inevitably though. Much better draw than Bilbao nonetheless.

3 atb will probably hide his defensive errors if thats what Barca plan to do and I guess he could turn out well and I hope he does but 15m was too good an offer to turn down. The only thing i'll miss about him is his girlfriend :coma:. I hope he gets replaced though, even if it is with a carvalho-esque player as him & Chambers can act as 3rd/4th choice CB with Bellerin in for RB backup if things ever get that bad.

Latest