The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

The Tannery..?

Hey everyone :smile:

I recently got allocated and assigned a room in The Tannery even though I applied to Charles Morris (I'm sure this has happened to many people before). Problem is I know nothing about the residence. Can someone please shed some light on the rooms, social life, distance from campus and other popular areas around Leeds? Also what the layout of the Tannery is like...(how many people live in each flat, how many floors, etc..)

I'm an exchange student so I'm not familiar with the area at all. Anything is much appreciated, thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I'm an exchange student too and I got accepted to The Tannery as well. I've been looking around a bit online and this was the best info I found: http://www.liuxueshenggongyu.com/uk-en/leeds-apartment-for-rent/the-tannery . But it's still not heaps of info. The rooms look great though! What block are you in? I'm in A.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by radelaidean
Hi! I'm an exchange student too and I got accepted to The Tannery as well. I've been looking around a bit online and this was the best info I found: http://www.liuxueshenggongyu.com/uk-en/leeds-apartment-for-rent/the-tannery . But it's still not heaps of info. The rooms look great though! What block are you in? I'm in A.

I saw that website as well! I'm hoping it'll be good, the Tannery looks really nice. Out of curiosity what was your first choice? And where are you coming from?
Original post by torontogal
I saw that website as well! I'm hoping it'll be good, the Tannery looks really nice. Out of curiosity what was your first choice? And where are you coming from?

It does look really nice, I'm looking forward to it :smile: counting down the days haha!

First choice was Henry Price, and I'm coming from Adelaide, Australia :smile: I assume you're coming from Toronto? :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by radelaidean
It does look really nice, I'm looking forward to it :smile: counting down the days haha!

First choice was Henry Price, and I'm coming from Adelaide, Australia :smile: I assume you're coming from Toronto? :tongue:

haha yeah I am :smile: sweet maybe I'll see you around!
Hi I'm in the Tannery too and I'm in block A :smile:
Original post by EERobinson
Hi I'm in the Tannery too and I'm in block A :smile:

Sweeeeet I'm 317c! You?
Reply 7
Hey everyone :smile:

I recently got allocated and assigned a room in The Tannery even though I applied to Charles Morris (I'm sure this has happened to many people before). Problem is I know nothing about the residence. Can someone please shed some light on the rooms, social life, distance from campus and other popular areas around Leeds? Also what the layout of the Tannery is like...(how many people live in each flat, how many floors, etc..)

I'm an exchange student so I'm not familiar with the area at all. Anything is much appreciated, thanks!

Hey, the tannery is a nice accommodation, having stayed there last year and now staying in a studio for this year, I can confirm it is a good choice (depending on your needs) There's about 5-6 to a kitchen, I was lucky to have a really big kitchen though (so if anyone is in block C 207 you're lucky :P ) Distance from campus can range from 10-20 minutes but seems much quicker..and a bonus is that it is halfway between campus and city centre..not like oxley which is a long bus journey! A bonus is that there has been renovations and a new common room- everything looks very modern.
Reply 8
Original post by vvzs
Hey, the tannery is a nice accommodation, having stayed there last year and now staying in a studio for this year, I can confirm it is a good choice (depending on your needs) There's about 5-6 to a kitchen, I was lucky to have a really big kitchen though (so if anyone is in block C 207 you're lucky :P ) Distance from campus can range from 10-20 minutes but seems much quicker..and a bonus is that it is halfway between campus and city centre..not like oxley which is a long bus journey! A bonus is that there has been renovations and a new common room- everything looks very modern.

Thanks so much! Also what was the layout of the building? For example how many flats were on each floor/how many people altogether on the floor? It confuses me haha..

Also was it easy to interact with people on your floor, even if they weren't in your flat or is it enclosed? I probably make no sense but pls let me know if you understand what I'm talking about haha
Reply 9
Thanks so much! Also what was the layout of the building? For example how many flats were on each floor/how many people altogether on the floor? It confuses me haha..

Also was it easy to interact with people on your floor, even if they weren't in your flat or is it enclosed? I probably make no sense but pls let me know if you understand what I'm talking about haha

No problem :smile: on my floor, there were 4 flats and there were 5 in our flat but I think you can get flats of 6 so you're looking at around 24 students max on each floor but the reality of you seeing this many people is probably only during freshers week. There are 4 blocks in total (A-D) ..and not sure how many levels, I know there were 7 in one block..because I was on the first floor I never really took notice. Also, it's difficult for me to say because I left a previous accommodation and only arrived in February. Although my flatmates had friends in other flats on the same floor and also in the block so it's definitely possible to interact with others around you.
Reply 10
Hey, I got Tannery Block B, 706C :smile:
Block C 708B in the Tannery :smile:
Trying to find out who I could be living with for the next year, I'm in the Tannery block C
Another BlockC-er here. 210B.
And a bit of a dull question... Does anyone know the situation with power-sockets in the kitchen? The pictures are about as obscure as the rest of the info for the Tannery, so its fairly hard to know what we actually get.
I'm Block C too. 608D.

It looks pretty good from the pictures I've seen, also you're allowed to put posters on the wall there, which is something not all the accommodation allows. I applied to Central Village but the Tannery is pretty much the exact same, just in a different building/location.
Does anyone know what basic items we get when we move in? Like is there already a toaster, a frying pan or do we all have to bring those sort of items ourselves?
I'm in block C, room G05E
does anyone know of any room vacancies in the tannery or anyone who would be interested in a room swap?
Original post by alnorton
does anyone know of any room vacancies in the tannery or anyone who would be interested in a room swap?

In which accomodation are you?
Original post by grosseban
In which accomodation are you?

ensuite with a double bed in oxley

Quick Reply

Latest